Throwback Jerseys

BIGORANGEINKY

I don't post a lot and tried to do my due diligence and look at the threads before posting. I have one of the throwback Grant jerseys. Just curious if anyone knows if they are going to wear an orange version on the road? They came out against Louisville and I thought it was a one time thing but now it seems they have worn them at home since. Anyone? Anyone?

I don't post a lot and tried to do my due diligence and look at the threads before posting. I have one of the throwback Grant jerseys. Just curious if anyone knows if they are going to wear an orange version on the road? They came out against Louisville and I thought it was a one time thing but now it seems they have worn them at home since. Anyone? Anyone?
I think you are correct that it was originally to be a one-tine thing in New York. However, the popularity of that particular look seemed to take off. I have heard nothing definitive about an away version of the uniform, though it would be cool to have one for the postseason.

Also, it's likely to be an unpopular opinion by the purists, but I think a grey version (light gray...not the dark grey they used before) of it would look sharp as well. Grey tops and bottoms with orange numerals and lettering trimmed in white

I think you are correct that it was originally to be a one-tine thing in New York. However, the popularity of that particular look seemed to take off. I have heard nothing definitive about an away version of the uniform, though it would be cool to have one for the postseason.

Also, it's likely to be an unpopular opinion by the purists, but I think a grey version (light gray...not the dark grey they used before) of it would look sharp as well. Grey tops and bottoms with orange numerals and lettering trimmed in white

You are correct it was a one off to celebrate Ernie and Bernard in New York and maybe for a game or two but the fans and players love it so much they made it the home uniform for the season.

Reactions: gunner

th

If we keep winning and get that all-important one seed in the tournament, we won't need an "away version" of those uniforms.

You are correct it was a one off to celebrate Ernie and Bernard in New York and maybe for a game or two but the fans and players love it so much they made it the home uniform for the season.

These are Allan Houston era. Ernie and Bernie had baby blue trim. And the hype video for these showed all Allan Houston highlights.

We had some baby blue trimmed throwbacks in Pearl’s first year, both home and away. And I don’t think we did well in them.

I know we got destroyed at Alabama in the orange ones in 2006.

We had some baby blue trimmed throwbacks in Pearl’s first year, both home and away. And I don’t think we did well in them.

Beat Florida at their place in them to win the East. :)

They certainly need these back........if they want to do throw backs............definitely with the blue trim. Also at least for the LSU game the short shorts as well.gettyimages-167426286-1024x1024.jpg

I got this several years ago. A vintage apparel company (29/34) made a bunch of cool retro jerseys.I don't know if they are still in biz or not, but this jersey is awesome. Pics dont do it justice, but its WAAAYY too huge for me to wear!

View attachment 193303View attachment 193305
Awesome!...I had been looking for one of those for a long time but never really found one at the right price so I had one made just a month ago.

Attachments

• 50705148_10215442137860061_9146130215427112960_n.jpg
    50705148_10215442137860061_9146130215427112960_n.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: WhiteMike
Awesome!...I had been looking for one of those for a long time but never really found one at the right price so I had one made just a month ago.

Where did you have it made and how much? Looks great! I'd love one that doesn't fit me like an enormous dress!

Where did you have it made and how much? Looks great! I'd love one that doesn't fit me like an enormous dress!
I ordered it off DHgate from roses jerseys...They will custom make any name and number you want...Cost about $30.00 and good quality too...I am a XXL so it fits me about perfect...Takes about 30 days to get there tho...That's the only drawback as it is coming from China...Here is a link to the shop. 2019 Custom Tennessee Volunteers College Basketball Orange 2018 White Stitched Any Name Number 2 Grant Williams 5 Admiral Schofield Jerseys S 4XL From Rosejerseys, $23.91 | DHgate.Com

Last edited:
I ordered it off DHgate from roses jerseys...They will custom make any name and number you want...Cost about $30.00 and good quality too...I am a XXL so it fits me about perfect...Takes about 30 days to get there tho...That's the only drawback as it is coming from China...Here is a link to the shop. 2019 Custom Tennessee Volunteers College Basketball Orange 2018 White Stitched Any Name Number 2 Grant Williams 5 Admiral Schofield Jerseys S 4XL From Rosejerseys, $23.91 | DHgate.Com
Nice, and they stihed the nike check on there? Crazy! Did you give them special instructions? I might be willing to grab one up that fits me at that price.

Nice, and they stihed the nike check on there? Crazy! Did you give them special instructions? I might be willing to grab one up that fits me at that price.
You choose your size and then write to them and tell them what number and name you want on the back...It's just that easy! They include the Nike emblem on there as well as the SEC logo....Here is the back of mine>

Attachments

• 50414426_10215442136700032_2187990042914324480_n.jpg
    50414426_10215442136700032_2187990042914324480_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4

VN Store

Back