Thread for folks skeptical of joining THE VOL CLUB (TN NIL Club)

Same energy

FCgOWv.gif

I am pretty sure that businesses that Spyre has partnered with provide some of the food, etc. for the tailgates. So, Spyre isn’t even spending big money on them. Other local businesses are working with Spyre. These are also some of the same business partners that Spyre is using to sign athletes up for outside NIL deals. If Spyre were doing something wrong, these businesses wouldn’t be involved. Spyre also represents Scott Stallings, the pro golfer. They are a sports agency.

I don’t live in Knoxville, so I can’t benefit from the events, but I’ve been happy with what benefits I have gotten. I definitely agree that each person should spend their money, but it is a bit insulting to see people throw out allegations of a Ponzi scheme. I can attest to spending a nominal amount, and there are benefits to it.

Given your update it seems you watched the video, if not please do. 93% of money donated goes straight to players pockets who many have used to support struggling family members like sisters with Cancer and other things. The club grants you all the items listed as well. How can $5 or $25 a month be too much not to join that cause for what I assume be one of your most important passions in life?

Let’s be honest. 99% of that money is going to booze, loose women, and BMWs. I’m fine with it. Just don’t try to church it up like a dirty used car salesman.

All this talk about ponzi schemes, guys buying boats and BMW's, and accountability in general, why in the world wouldn't Spyre and other collectives simply hire a CPA firm to do an annual audit? I mean, that is the traditional role of CPA firms and it should satisfy those who want transparency, right? HUD requires one from my company every year. If it's good enough for the US of A, it should make me feel ok about my $5 a month to Spyre.

Let’s be honest. 99% of that money is going to booze, loose women, and BMWs. I’m fine with it. Just don’t try to church it up like a dirty used car salesman.

I think it is a big mistake to assume that the NIL money is being used per the distribution plan from your circles youth. We do seem to have a lot of solid character guys. It might just be that is a big consideration in the risk/reward processes since the collectives would not want to risk a hit for less than solid use by guys under contracts related to their efforts. Odds are there will be some level of failure down the road, but maybe we should deal with it then.

Reactions: kcvols1
Is there a list of Spyre Donors, somewhere?
It would be interesting to see who in the ADs office, Coaching Staffs and other major donors are contributing as well.

I think it is a big mistake to assume that the NIL money is being used per the distribution plan from your circles youth. We do seem to have a lot of solid character guys. It might just be that is a big consideration in the risk/reward processes since the collectives would not want to risk a hit for less than solid use by guys under contracts related to their efforts. Odds are there will be some level of failure down the road, but maybe we should deal with it then.

If you think we’re paying 18-22 year old men millions and a good bit, if not most of it isn’t going towards what any normal 18-22 year old guy would spend it on, then I’ve got some beautiful ocean front property right here in East TN to sell you. Hopefully these deals will have some guidelines and some monitoring to ensure some if it is saved and used for good, but let not act like 18 year olds aren’t going to act like 18 year olds. I’m no genius, but I can assure you these checks aren’t getting signed straight over to St. Jude’s.

If you think we’re paying 18-22 year old men millions and a good bit, if not most of it isn’t going towards what any normal 18-22 year old guy would spend it on, then I’ve got some beautiful ocean front property right here in East TN to sell you. Hopefully these deals will have some guidelines and some monitoring to ensure some if it is saved and used for good, but let not act like 18 year olds aren’t going to act like 18 year olds. I’m no genius, but I can assure you these checks aren’t getting signed straight over to St. Jude’s.

Once again you are dealing in nothing but negative speculation. Trends for the use of windfall money can be a very wide path, but there is ZERO reason to keep selling anything bad before you can document it. Cars, nicer furniture, and more frequent entertainment expenditures are not bad things, and the lack of donations to charitable efforts at this age would not be a surprise. Hospital visits, assisting in holiday food distribution, school visits to promote reading etc. should be enough to get the job done. Our early money has gone to guys like Fulky and HH and maybe that is the factual trendline that needs to be featured.

Not a dang thing wrong with 18 year olds acting like 18 year olds, but if you want to deal in speculation, I would speculate they have been advised that the gravy train could be impacted by any illegal or uncivil or unsavory actions and those providing these opportunities DO IN FACT have wording in the agreements so stipulating. Maybe to include unfounded pronouncements in public forums like yours.

I have 0 connection to Spyre but they gave over 93.4% of money from the Volunteer Club to players last year.

But how do we know that besides them saying so? I am not questioning it and Spyre seems very much trying to do things the right way in a time where there is very little guidance and this is a whole new bag.

BUT just because I want to believe them doesnt mean I should have to. It should be someone else whom we trust is neutral has looked at the books and says that 93.4% etc. Perhaps that is being done. If so, they should be loud about it. If UTADMIN is officially reviewing their books every year, Im probably ok with that too.

I dont mind Spyre guys making money. I think the tailgating and spending for fan engagement is a wise use of resources. But if they want maximum trust, they will work on transparency and third party verification of info.

But how do we know that besides them saying so? I am not questioning it and Spyre seems very much trying to do things the right way in a time where there is very little guidance and this is a whole new bag.

BUT just because I want to believe them doesnt mean I should have to. It should be someone else whom we trust is neutral has looked at the books and says that 93.4% etc. Perhaps that is being done. If so, they should be loud about it. If UTADMIN is officially reviewing their books every year, Im probably ok with that too.

I dont mind Spyre guys making money. I think the tailgating and spending for fan engagement is a wise use of resources. But if they want maximum trust, they will work on transparency and third party verification of info.
ut definitely saw their finances before publicly endorsing.. in addition to publicly disclosing the number and they are also endorsed by Danny White, Josh Heupel, Rick Barnes and Tony Vitello etc etc

maybe they can do an audit or something but feels like this incremental disclosure wont majorly swing that many people on the fence. that said, should always get better.

Wonder how many interns they have in there signing all these photos to send out to you sheep lolz

How incredibly slow are you that you think producing a couple thousand autographs take any amount of time? Literally about 10-15 minutes. Troll elsewhere.

Once again you are dealing in nothing but negative speculation. Trends for the use of windfall money can be a very wide path, but there is ZERO reason to keep selling anything bad before you can document it. Cars, nicer furniture, and more frequent entertainment expenditures are not bad things, and the lack of donations to charitable efforts at this age would not be a surprise. Hospital visits, assisting in holiday food distribution, school visits to promote reading etc. should be enough to get the job done. Our early money has gone to guys like Fulky and HH and maybe that is the factual trendline that needs to be featured.

Not a dang thing wrong with 18 year olds acting like 18 year olds, but if you want to deal in speculation, I would speculate they have been advised that the gravy train could be impacted by any illegal or uncivil or unsavory actions and those providing these opportunities DO IN FACT have wording in the agreements so stipulating. Maybe to include unfounded pronouncements in public forums like yours.

Nothing wrong with it at all. But to pretend like some of that money isn’t going to those activities that 18 year olds participate in is just plain silly. I don’t need unfounded proof to know that. If you do then I might say you are quite gullible.

Nothing wrong with it at all. But to pretend like some of that money isn’t going to those activities that 18 year olds participate in is just plain silly. I don’t need unfounded proof to know that. If you do then I might say you are quite gullible.

You don't see a problem in having more faith in your own conjecture than facts? It will matter which player and not only what line he crosses but how far, therefore we all need to sit back and keep our eyes open. Some deviation has to be expected and accepted as within the norms. Perfection as a standard is the tool of a troll. Marketability is now an added element when you are selling your name, image and likeness.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but every single member of volnation blows $5 a month on **** far more stupid than spyre. Most of these arguments in my honest opinion sound a lot like excuses. Which is fine, it’s your money do what you want. However if anyone enjoys seeing our team win, I can’t fathom why you wouldn’t want to try to help in some small way. I do think however you lose the right to complain about recruiting if you don’t contribute. Sorry that’s just how this dumb country boy feels

Please be true. It's such an easy thing to do. Crazed fans willing to throw cash. Person saying trust me I'll use it to get folks. Why I won't be a part of any of that. To easy to take my cash and use it how you think it should be used. Maybe that's on recruits or maybe that's a boat.

I'll let the Haslams covet my part. I already give to the university.
So giving to the University that already takes in hundreds of millions in tuition per year to help them fund sex week and stuff = smart. Giving to NIL fund to entice elite athletes to the university instead of Bama and Georgia = dumb. Alrighty then 👍

@LAVol1 posted this

"Can't signup. As I read the terms and conditions, you may only cancel with the permission of the Volunteer Club. That means you cannot cancel unilaterally. I can't agree to that. If that is not the case, they need to clarify that in the agreement."

I am not giving shat if those are the rules. So until that's clarified no thank you.

VN Store

Back