Thread for folks skeptical of joining THE VOL CLUB (TN NIL Club)

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
Please, please, please watch @TheVolClub and @spyresports crew dive into ALL things NIL on this video below!! They are Very transparent and legitimately dive into every possible question you could need to have answered. If you have 1 tiny hesitation about NiL or a ton of skepticism watch this and it will answer those I promise!

It’s a fascinating listen.

We can all make Tennessee the premier NIL school if we buy in together!!

It was an easy decision for me to join because I get so much pleasure by watching the Vols return to national prominence. I would hope that anybody that shares that feeling and has the means to do so will join ASAP.

Having a strong NIL program is going to be extremely important for any collegiate team that wants to be counted in the upper echelon of the sport and all Vol fans need to do their part if we want and expect the Vols to be in that group.

Last edited:
It was an easy decision for me to join because I get so much pleasure by watching the Vols return to national prominence. I would hope that anybody that shares that feeling and has the means to do so will join ASAP.

Having a strong NIL program is going to be extremely important for any collegiate team that wants to be counted in the upper echelon of the sport and all Vol fans need to do their part if we want and expect the Vols to be in that group.
I’d go so far as saying a strong NIL program will be the most important factor for a program consistently being in the top 10 to 15. I’m not saying coaching and scheme and facilities and culture and location yada yada yada aren’t important. But if the NIL isn’t there you won’t get far enough for anything else to matter.

Sorry, but I'll probably never be on the NIL bandwagon. It's not that I don't think college athletes should be paid. It's just that I don't think the fans who are already being price gouged buying tickets, concessions, merchandise, and everything else they do to follow and support our team should be the ones to pay them.

Fans don't get asked to donate to a collective so that the Tennessee Titans or Atlanta Braves can sign the best players. Those organizations have to work out a business model that allows them to pay the salaries of players they sign.

I've always been a college sports fan first, but now my priorities are changing. At least in professional sports everyone has a fair chance to draft high quality players and salary caps that help keep them competitive. I'm starting to realize it's not nearly as fun when all the best players go to only a few teams.

UPDATE: With that being said if you get autographs, memorabilia, and access to exclusive events by supporting the collective then that makes perfect sense to me. I would just never give my money to a sports program, college or professional, without getting something of direct value in return.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I'll probably never be on the NIL bandwagon. It's not that I don't think college athletes should be paid. It's just that I don't think the fans who are already being price gouged buying tickets, concessions, merchandise, and everything else they do to follow and support our team should be the ones to pay them.

Fans don't get asked to donate to a collective so that the Tennessee Titans or Atlanta Braves can sign the best players. Those organizations have to work out a business model that allows them to pay the salaries of players they sign.

I've always been a college sports fan first, but now my priorities are changing. At least in professional sports everyone has a fair chance to draft high quality players and salary caps that help keep them competitive. I'm starting to realize it's not nearly as fun when all the best players go to only a few teams.

We all have to wait and see if the validity of the deals by the collectives shows up with ads and appearances by the players.

If not no problem, make your donations to the AD like in the past. They may need you as others redirect their funds to collectives and they still have bills to pay.

I don’t care for the NIL world either, but it exists and if we don’t as a fan base do it well we lose ground. The pros will welcome your money too, so you pick-‘em.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

UPDATE: With that being said if you get autographs, memorabilia, and access to exclusive events by supporting the collective then that makes perfect sense to me. I would just never give my money to a sports program, college or professional, without getting something of direct value in return.
Given your update it seems you watched the video, if not please do. 93% of money donated goes straight to players pockets who many have used to support struggling family members like sisters with Cancer and other things. The club grants you all the items listed as well. How can $5 or $25 a month be too much not to join that cause for what I assume be one of your most important passions in life?

That could've been the greatest infomercial ever..."You're gonna love my nuts!" CLASSIC!

I love that at the 1:35 mark as he says "fugettabout it" and tosses the competitor device over his shoulder, far behind him it lands perfectly into the sink. LOL how many times was that practiced? LOL

-----------------

My problem with NIL organizations is that they are not very transparent. With the university, supposedly I could dig into the annual reports and see what they are spending on. Obviously the old way of payoffs had almost no transparency. STILL, I would prefer if we could have something like a "Charity Navigator" for NILs who would see the books and give a rating as to how much of it is going to program goals as to fundraising, executive salaries, etc. Still wouldnt rate whats on the field but would make people feel more comfortable giving I think.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Didn’t we hear that Florida’s just got exposed as the first NIL ponzi?
Please be true. It's such an easy thing to do. Crazed fans willing to throw cash. Person saying trust me I'll use it to get folks. Why I won't be a part of any of that. To easy to take my cash and use it how you think it should be used. Maybe that's on recruits or maybe that's a boat.

I'll let the Haslams covet my part. I already give to the university.

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back