Those saying Bailey would be odd man out and transfer.......

Matt Jones was invited to the Heisman binge, will go high in the draft, and is wearing a National Championship ring from last season. Runs about like your basic clubfoot. Welcome to today's game how champions play it.
Let’s see how he translates to the NFL before you anoint him a good example. It’s easy to look like a heisman candidate on a roster full of the best athletes in college football. But how would he have looked behind THIS o line? How would Bailey look behind Bamas o line? Is Jones still a heisman candidate? Or is Bailey? Both are pretty easy questions to answer but neither support you claim. Nice try

Matt Jones was invited to the Heisman binge, will go high in the draft, and is wearing a National Championship ring from last season. Runs about like your basic clubfoot. Welcome to today's game how champions play it.
Using bama is cheap.

Reactions: 1vol8
So by this post you are assuming a moral superiority to everyone else. Like you are some kind of expert. You aren’t. You are a fan like the rest of us. No more no less.

So I am going to use your stance. You are incredibly stupid and your opinion is trash.
Well played. And not a single opinion offered...twat. That’s the difference between you and me. You’re a twat.

So by this post you are assuming a moral superiority to everyone else. Like you are some kind of expert. You aren’t. You are a fan like the rest of us. No more no less.

So I am going to use your stance. You are incredibly stupid and your opinion is trash.
No, dipshit. I’m looking at the stats and telling every HB hater they were wrong. Is that you? If it is, sorry to hurt your feelings. The proof of HB as, at least, a decent QB option is obvious. No moral (or otherwise) superiority required. Make an argument, please. Don’t get so hurt by the assertion of fact.

Cmon, this is overreaction central. All it takes is a few good throws and the “scouts” on VN are ready to anoint a QB as the next Peyton Manning. And then after a few bad throws, said QB will be demoted to “garbage” status for life.

There is no such thing as letting a competition play out, getting a large sample size and seeing who is better over time....
Same overreacting that has everybody transferring before spring practice? Letting a competition play out, getting a large sample size and seeing who is better over time...? Lol.

That is the point exactly the other 2 did not look comfortable with what they were giving. At times it looked like with them if it wasn't for there ability to run then they would have been
lost. He hit throws today that the last 4 years the majority time has been over thrown and he hit them in stride.

I agree, a perfect example is when Dominick Wood Anderson was wide open vs UF. JG missed him by 5 to 10 yards in what would have been a game-changing TD. Instead, we are punting back to UF so they could score. Everybody just wants the QB's to execute and take what the D is giving, keeping the ball and keeping our D on the sidelines.

I thought Bailey looked comfortable and accurate. Not as good of a runner, but would put up ridiculous numbers in this offense as a passer. Mauer if he continues to grow looks great at times. Hooker didn’t have the best game, but gives a run option that would take a defender away. Future is actually bright at the QB position.

Not sure what will happen with Salter or Milton but as of right now we potentially have a 5*, 3 4•, and a high 3• competing for our starting job. I think the QB room is as good as anywhere in the country.

I’m just glad the discussion is about which is better and weren’t not trying to pick the least sucky QB...I watched the highlights and all 3 had their moments. Bailey had some really nice throws but is the least threat to scramble so IMO he has to be better by a wider margin. I’m gonna defer to the coaching staff to decide but I’m not against playing multiple QBs.

I’m just glad the discussion is about which is better and weren’t not trying to pick the least sucky QB...I watched the highlights and all 3 had their moments. Bailey had some really nice throws but is the least threat to scramble so IMO he has to be better by a wider margin. I’m gonna defer to the coaching staff to decide but I’m not against playing multiple QBs.
HB went through his progressions the Best out of all the QBs while looking the most comfortable in the pocket. If HB is ultimately the starter I hope Heupel makes it clear early on during fall camp that Bailey is the guy. This team needs a leader and I feel Bailey will fill that role.

Last edited:
Reactions: sona and Sarms58
Look beyond the numbers his ball placement looked better than we have seen in years. I know it's the spring game and you take it with a grain of salt but he was hitting them in stride. I think he definitely has to be considered at this point the guy.

definitely the most important aspect. Kid as touch on downfield throws. This offense will be fun to watch if OL can give them time

I just meant a running QB doesn't mean he isn't effective. The best COLLEGE QBs can move a bit. Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Tebow, Trevor Lawrence, Johnny Manziel, etc. I'd take a running QB who can make plays all day everyday. I don't care if they suck when they get to the NFL.

With that said, give me Bailey this year!
All of those running qbs you named could throw 😂😂😂except Tebow but his supporting cast was full of future NFL pro bowlers.

I'm sticking to that because of how shytty the Tennessee defense is which is a reason not to take too much out of today's O&W game.
The other guys played against the same defense. Bailey will be the starter in September assuming no one else is coming in. Mauer will be a change up if they want/need to run more.

definitely the most important aspect. Kid as touch on downfield throws. This offense will be fun to watch if OL can give them time
The OL looked ligtyears ahead of last year, I didn’t see a single time they looked lost or frustrated, I know the defense was vanilla but we had busts last year against less

Mauer looked like a starter, was glad to see him play so well most of the time, but Bailey looked like the most consistent playmaker and winner.

Not putting stock into Bailey's play last season is why almost everyone on VN is underrating him.

And yes, he did beat out JG and Shrout and Maurer. It's why both JG and Shrout transfered, even before Pruitt was fired. The fact that Pruitt was slow to recognize this says more about Pruitt than Bailey.

Bailey was clearly the best QB on our roster last season. There's no reason to expect that things have radically changed now. OK, there's a new offense, but Bailey still has the best skill-set for that offense IMO.

What I really love about Bailey is dude consistently moves the chains. He finds the 3rd or 4th option and finds a way to get yards even on bad plays. We haven't had that since Josh Dobbs.

People who had questions about Bailey, just hadnt had a chance to watch him play. I got to see their HS championship game on TV and HB was impressive. So many things. The pocket collapsed but he felt the guy coming from his side and just a quick shift of his feet, the guy goes sailing by and he releases the ball accurately downfield. Chaos all around him and he knew where his receivers were. Granted, its easier when you have Arik downfield but still. Feels the blitz, nobody open and he squirts to the side and slides for 6 or so. Such a beautiful thing to watch him toss it, the mechanics. He steps up and fires it just before he gets clocked. No fear.

Thats why I have always thought Bailey was the one - UNLESS our incompetent staff screwed him up - like I think they did JG.

Harrison Bailey has always been the best option on the roster. Talented player and can throw with accuracy. This offense can be a good fit because he can get the ball out of his hand quick and make good, quick decisions.

VN Store

Back