Those missing Eric Gray: Jabari Small has better stats this year…

Henry T is a much bigger loss imo. Our LBs have been one of the major reasons QBs with average running ability have looked like Johnny Manziel against us.
That’s true. The whole back end of our defense (sans Theo Jackson and Alontae Taylor) has looked below average all year.

I don’t miss Gray. We need premier backs like we used to get. Evans was showing that he was just that.

I miss guys like Lewis, Henry, Stephens, Webb, Garner, etc.

Reactions: Memvol44
I don’t miss Gray. We need premier backs like we used to get. Evans was showing that he was just that.

I miss guys like Lewis, Henry, Stephen’s, Webb, Garner, etc.
Gray in this system looks like a totally different back.

Maybe he does. But that doesn’t put him close to any of those I listed. Premium top shelf RBs.
Well hell no it doesn’t. I don’t think evans is close to those either. And I would be fine with any comparable talent to the names you suggested. Sign me up.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
Well hell no it doesn’t. I don’t think evans is close to those either. And I would be fine with any comparable talent to the names you suggested. Sign me up.
Yep. And give me a few of those mean linemen that blocked for them too.

My years of fandom spoiled me. I don’t like just good. I want great.

I think Key Lawrence has turned out to be the biggest transfer loss, with Henry T being a close second. Our LBs and DBs have been exposed a lot this year.
I’m not to sure about that...We gained in the portal and already had Jackson, flowers and McCullough. Plus Turnage and Hadden in the portal plus C.Charles n D. Rucker no matter the positions. Keep on searching the portal and recruiting....I think were fine and not skipping a beat !

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If he bailed like a punk, then I'm glad he is riding the pine at OU. If he left because he took McD's bags, then I'm glad he is riding the pine at OU. Either way, he is worthy of no empathy at all from any UT fan.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Without that one Vandy game, his UT resume is pedestrian. Good not great and a walking TFL. I prefer Small in that tale of the tape.

Yeah he sure was a walking TFL. Walked straight into 200 yards from scrimmage against a ranked Auburn team on the road.

If he bailed like a punk, then I'm glad he is riding the pine at OU. If he left because he took McD's bags, then I'm glad he is riding the pine at OU. Either way, he is worthy of no empathy at all from any UT fan.

Who essentially won us that bowl game against Indiana in 2019 and who had the 5th most prolific game in our program’s history as a true freshman? Last year, he had four games with 150+ yards from scrimmage, including one game over 200 yards on the road as a true sophomore. And that was against an All-SEC schedule. Small has had a singular game (121 total yards) that sniffs what Gray did for us, and that was against Bowling Green State. That is the only game that Small has even gone over 100 yards. Put Gray in this system with a reliable QB like Hooker and he would shine, as opposed to being subjected to playing with a QB that throws a pick 6 every other drive. People really have a screw loose if they believe Small is doing better for us than what Gray did. Just look at the stats, it’s not even debatable.
Not great. We beat Indiana. Harris for Bama was great.

Graham, hardesty, Henry, stephens, Stewart. I’d say those were great Tn rbs.

Isn't grayback a species of whale? I didn't know they played football.
5148.gif

47B6E854-3562-4FFB-A919-5FD25C2EFF83.gif

Reactions: FBtime
I’m not to sure about that...We gained in the portal and already had Jackson, flowers and McCullough. Plus Turnage and Hadden in the portal plus C.Charles n D. Rucker no matter the positions. Keep on searching the portal and recruiting....I think were fine and not skipping a beat !
Flowers and McCullough have been liabilities in a lot of situations. I agree that we gained some depth in the secondary through the portal, but I struggle to see any of them outperforming Key… of course this is all hypothetical, but that’s how I see it.

Who essentially won us that bowl game against Indiana in 2019 and who had the 5th most prolific game in our program’s history as a true freshman? Last year, he had four games with 150+ yards from scrimmage, including one game over 200 yards on the road as a true sophomore. And that was against an All-SEC schedule. Small has had a singular game (121 total yards) that sniffs what Gray did for us, and that was against Bowling Green State. That is the only game that Small has even gone over 100 yards. Put Gray in this system with a reliable QB like Hooker and he would shine, as opposed to being subjected to playing with a QB that throws a pick 6 every other drive. People really have a screw loose if they believe Small is doing better for us than what Gray did. Just look at the stats, it’s not even debatable.
Screws loosed. Your conjecture is as scientific as mine.

Yeah he sure was a walking TFL. Walked straight into 200 yards from scrimmage against a ranked Auburn team on the road.

Got touched he went down. No threat on returns either. Could catch the ball…got WRs for that. Nothing special…don’t miss 😴

Gray would have been awesome in this offense. Oklahoma totally misused him.. used him more as a receiver out of the back field / slot
Needed somebody who could break a tackle…already had him on the roster. More experienced Jaylen Wright in this one. Horrible blocker.

VN Store

Back