This Vol uniform was posted on 247 as a new look for us.

I kinda have an idea that I would like see done and stay with the original color scheme.
All white jersey...
* Jersey top- power T at the neck in front
On the back have the state of Tennessee on the top back half coming slightly below the name plates. And the state be done in an slightly darker shade of our orange and the other checkers have a slightly lighter shade of orange. Names of course in white.
* Jersey bottoms- just the power T on the upper left thigh. All white bottoms.

And vice versa for our orange uniforms.

I'd love to see this design so if anybody could somehow put it together so I could see it virtual please let me know bc I think they'd look fye!!

Orange shoulders were outlawed by the SEC when we wore them in the 70’s. Alabama did not like them and we were told to stop wearing them.

One of the few things Jones did was correctly was having us in our iconic orange and white uniforms in the Battle at Bristol instead of some special commemorative uniform like VT had. He said he never wanted there to be any doubt that Tennessee played in that game.

Reactions: 12 Monkeys
Thought we were getting the double stripes back this year. On the pants.

Pretty sure we are. The preseason pictures and videos I saw of players in the orange jerseys/white pants, the pants had the double stripe back. I'm assuming the orange pants will now have white double stripes too.

And all is perfect again.

Reactions: nomads-11
Four pages of posts brought about by a June 5, 2020 article featuring flights of fancy by someone not in a position to change anyone’s uniforms...

Reactions: onevol74 and FBtime
images

Almost all of these fan jersey designs lack strong design values. For example, the black/white alternating pant line and helmet stripe in the one pictured above is completely unlike Tennessee. The pants scream Oklahoma State with a confused shade of orange, or maybe to a lesser extent Oregon State but anyway. Tennessee is orange and white. You start adding a lot of black accent you're going to end up feeling like a knockoff of one of those other programs. Those Adidas Smokey Greys (one of the best alternates Adidas ever conceived of) is one thing, and they work in that one capacity, but that's because they are _primarily_ grey with orange to accent it. Most iconic branding is primarily one or two color. It's strong. It's clear. You go adding thirds or fourths, you need to be doing it for a reason. And most of the time when people throw on extra lines or strokes or whatever, they're just mucking around with unnecessary detail. Meh.

Last edited:
Four pages of posts brought about by a June 5, 2020 article featuring flights of fancy by someone not in a position to change anyone’s uniforms...

Yep, and obviously doesn't get Pruitt; he wanted to get UT back to a simple look. For Pruitt getting orange pants back is probably as crazy as he's going to get and I'm all for it.

I didn't mind the Smokey Greys and I'm fine with throwbacks and alternates, but in hindsight the original Nike uniforms seem too gimmicky, which perfectly sums up the Butch Jones years. It felt like if it were up to Jones we'd eventually have Smokey Grey as our primary uniforms. And I'm glad Barnes has followed suit on the basketball side, going back to the "throwback" home uniforms and hopefully an orange version to match.

Probably will.
Edit- posted at 4:42 a.m.
Was extremely drunk and do not know what “probably will “ means in relation to this post.

Last edited:
I'm cool with black and orange for the Halloween games or something closer to that hell even for Thanksgiving too. After all our colors can easily be close to those holidays since we have orange and white as our main colors. Every game besides those two that are around those two holidays should be a traditional orange and white set up.

VN Store

Back