This says it all for me.

Kecky4LV

This article, for me, shows exactly why Holly Warlick needs to go. After an important victory for her team, rather than praising her players and assistant coaches, all she could do was taunt those who have justifiably criticized her coaching. It just illuminates her absolute denial of the state of her program. I am thrilled for the players and staff about this tough win on the road. However, I am even more irritated with the head coach. I hope she does get social media accounts and resigns so she can stay on them all the time.

Attachments

• Mizzou post game comments from Holly.pdf
    60.3 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: jeff1vol
Holly has to go. She is just not a good Head Coach. I think she could be an assistant somewhere.

Approaching 60 years old and (I assume) with a pretty flush bank account, I honestly can’t see Holly up and leaving the comfort of her longtime home to take a job of ANY kind elsewhere.

I could be wrong, of course, but my gut tells me that this is her last coaching job and that she’ll either end up on the AD’s staff or assume some other kind of university outreach position. Or, just retire and relax!

P.S. Holly has mentioned not having any social media accounts at least a couple of times now, which may mean that she’s probably actually secretly obsessively using them ALL. She’s hiding under the covers in the middle of the night, reading and fuming and sticking pins into homemade voodoo dolls of her most vocal critics.

😂

Approaching 60 years old and (I assume) with a pretty flush bank account, I honestly can’t see Holly up and leaving the comfort of her longtime home to take a job of ANY kind elsewhere.

I could be wrong, of course, but my gut tells me that this is her last coaching job and that she’ll either end up on the AD’s staff or assume some other kind of university outreach position. Or, just retire and relax!

That is a good idea. Promote Holly to get her out of the way. The girls are winning in spite of Holly; not, because of her.

Holly can't draw up an inbound play to get off a shot to save her life.

The girls are winning purely playing street ball.

That is a good idea. Promote Holly to get her out of the way. The girls are winning in spite of Holly; not, because of her.

Holly can't draw up an inbound play to get off a shot to save her life.

The girls are winning purely playing street ball.
Absolutely spot on comment .

Most troubling to me is that she seems ecstatic to be a very average SEC team.

Could be that she has a little hope since 78% of the minutes and 84% of the points were provided by freshmen and sophmores.... now the composition of the team is her responsibility as well, but she can be proud of their growth.... some still have a longer way to go, but she should be proud of their growth even if they are not where they need to be... whoever is coach next year has some talent to deal with and will be adding the number 2 player in the land and a couple of new post players taller than what we got.... their abilities upon arrival will be key to progress next year.... would not hurt if our grad transfer gets that extra year.....

So I guess CPF has to decide if she should get another year or not.... he might have a little better insight into situation than the rest of us. I will go with whatever he decides and would guess the timing and availability of A list replacements is part of the equation.... need to get the next move right and having to move down the list could net us another series of losers like those that followed him.....

Do you understand that this is a very brief summary of a ten minute press conference and not the totality of all Holly said.

And in the context of this longer press conference, where she praised the effort and determination of her team, she made a joke about all the negative social media buzz that the team endured during the losing streak.

That was not taunting at all but you are all bent out of shape over these comments? that says more about you than Holly

She's something else and thinks that TN is owned by her father. She beat few unranked teams then want to make noise. It doesn't matter if she makes it to NCAA, she still lose first round, longest 2nd round she's gone. Worst coach in Division 1

Reactions: amorange and T.J.
She's something else and thinks that TN is owned by her father. She beat few unranked teams then want to make noise. It doesn't matter if she makes it to NCAA, she still lose first round, longest 2nd round she's gone. Worst coach in Division 1

WOW !

djtee, Been reading Volnation comments for a long time, so since I like and agree with so many of your comments, wanted to reply to you first. For my first post, gotta say, Congrats Lady Vols, Great Win! After thug Sophie’s elbow to Rennia’s face in last game, did not have high hopes, but the Vol Ladies came out strong, stayed strong, and finished strong!
It was also nice to see that at crunch time at the end, Holly had 5 players who could score, on the floor, EW, RD, CG, ZG, AND MC! Go Lady Vols!!!

djtee, Been reading Volnation comments for a long time, so since I like and agree with so many of your comments, wanted to reply to you first. For my first post, gotta say, Congrats Lady Vols, Great Win! After thug Sophie’s elbow to Rennia’s face in last game, did not have high hopes, but the Vol Ladies came out strong, stayed strong, and finished strong!
It was also nice to see that at crunch time at the end, Holly had 5 players who could score, on the floor, EW, RD, CG, ZG, AND MC! Go Lady Vols!!!

No argument from me ! I will say this Sophie’s style of play will not work in the WNBA hmm i can`t see her trying to elbow fowles, parker or griner i could go on. As for the lady vols we needed that win. I really think one of Holly biggest problem is not trusting some of the players. And as Dawn Staley said i thought i could give my young freshmen more time to sit and learn. But she was wrong she said need them to learn on the fly.

Unfortunately, I think Holly is safe now with the win at MO, looks like LV’s make the tourney and win a couple of rounds. They’re winning on talent alone despite Holly, and that’s the catch-22... we want them to do well, but we also want a regime change.

Holly is safe if she makes the tourney we still got to win a couple games can't go 0 and 4 hard to believe we could lose to Vandy the other three could be losses if we decide to take the night off. Ole Miss has a win over Kentucky and has played a couple of really good games versus other top SEC teams.

This article, for me, shows exactly why Holly Warlick needs to go. After an important victory for her team, rather than praising her players and assistant coaches, all she could do was taunt those who have justifiably criticized her coaching. It just illuminates her absolute denial of the state of her program. I am thrilled for the players and staff about this tough win on the road. However, I am even more irritated with the head coach. I hope she does get social media accounts and resigns so she can stay on them all the time.

All this article did for me was prove that she feels the impact of social media...
otherwise it wouldn't be a thought

We hear ya coach...
And you hear us.

Reactions: flint
All this article did for me was prove that she feels the impact of social media...
otherwise it wouldn't be a thought

We hear ya coach...
And you hear us.

Really..... folks have shared some social media buzz with her for sure, but she also stated at the end of the session that she was joking and not going to sign up..... so don't be expecting to share with her in person... very little value add to mix it up with those that find no issue in refusing the concept of moral victories but want to feature moral defeats at every possible turn.... CPF needs to deal with the realities straight up ignoring those that migrate to and maintain either end of the extremes spectrum.... as usual the truth is somewhere in the middle... timing is everything in world of coaching. His relationship with those he has hired to date should put him in a good position when having his people talk to their (candidates) people... Giving the appearance of pulling the trigger mid season is not a plus with those who might need to complete a season somewhere down the road. Putting a few hypotheticals out there and researching contractual issues on some folks who wink back is good place to start before March... refining the A List is always in play.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back