This reporter now looks pretty stupid

I guess waxing UT's a$$ got him a reprieve. The next year they were in a playoff for the NC game vs UF. But according to many on here it takes many years to get to that level. Bama has never looked back.

I agree with the timing thing. No reason we can't be in the mix for the SECCG next season. By "in the mix" I mean be the team that comes closest to unseating Georgia. I don't see us beating them next year though you never know.

The reason bama has been so dominant under Saban is 100% recruiting. Bama has been no.1 like 8 of the last 10 years, and I think 12 of Saban's 15 seasons. There is no question in my mind that they cheated their asses off and got away with it.

But as pointed out elsewhere in this thread by multiple folks, recruiting is the key for Heupel. He can definitely coach.

A lot of people think the portal just helps bama that much more. They got To' to from us this year and also their leading WR from OSU and Kiffin was claiming that the portal helps bama. I am not so sure. I think its more of a leveler. We lost a lot to the portal last year, but we also got Velus, our kicker a couple good DL and a good LB and leading tackler from Texas (who unfortunately was injured this year).

The portal is good in that (a) players already have a history and (b) you can be more selective. Recruiting unproven HS kids is more of a crap shoot. You might recruit a kid at DE and have to switch him to LB, or from RB to LB, but with the proven history if you need an end rusher and a OL, you can target them very specifically.

Reactions: vols33
The reporter calls Landry Jones and Perine guys you’ve never heard of. Does he even watch college football?

I’m upset I even gave that trash a click.

I think AD White did everything he could to hire a splash coach, but after being turned down by all he spoke with, he knew Heupel would be a safe hire, since they already had a relationship at UCF. I admire Heupel, if for no other reason, he was willing to come to a university where the program was in shambles, recruits and players were abandoning the program like rats from a sinking ship. He still is at a disadvantage where the penalty from the NCAA is unknown, so he has to try to convince kids to take a chance with Tennessee, and most likely, doesn't have a recruiting relationship with the instate high schools. Those things take time to establish, time that he didn't have when he was hired so late. I hope the NCAA will get there stuff together and release the information so he can get on with rebuilding the program. He's in a tough spot, but look at what the team accomplished this year under the coaching staff. I think better times are ahead, we just have to be patient.

Reactions: TennMan101
I don't remember anyone with a brain calling Saban a terrible hire

If I remember correctly, Alabama's AD sat outside of Saban's house and would not take no for an answer! He continuously upped the offer until saban just couldn't pass it up. That's what a real AD does!

I think AD White did everything he could to hire a splash coach, but after being turned down by all he spoke with, he knew Heupel would be a safe hire, since they already had a relationship at UCF. I admire Heupel, if for no other reason, he was willing to come to a university where the program was in shambles, recruits and players were abandoning the program like rats from a sinking ship. He still is at a disadvantage where the penalty from the NCAA is unknown, so he has to try to convince kids to take a chance with Tennessee, and most likely, doesn't have a recruiting relationship with the instate high schools. Those things take time to establish, time that he didn't have when he was hired so late. I hope the NCAA will get there stuff together and release the information so he can get on with rebuilding the program. He's in a tough spot, but look at what the team accomplished this year under the coaching staff. I think better times are ahead, we just have to be patient.

I don't see the ncaa doing anything more. We've already self-imposed loss of scholarships with no bowl ban. I don't see the NCAA Banning us from any Bowl. We travel very very well and haven't been to a bowl since like 2019. The NCAA is all about making money and UT can definitely do that for them. Hell, look at will wade at lsu or UNC and their fake classes. Nothing happened to them, not even so much as a scholarship lost!

Correct, Jimmy Hyams said on the Sunday show that from what he is hearing Lincoln Riley would be the coach at LSU. Even brought up Saban denying that he would coach at Alabama while still the Dolphins coach as a point of reference.

Alot of people make fun of Hyams. I don't, I have met him a couple of times, and those were positive interactions. I can't say the same for many other local members of the media. A few of them are tools, IMO. I won't mention who they are, but I will say I don't see Hyams as one.

However, he has "heard" a few things and put them out there. I don't know if any ever came true, but it does seem that if Hyams reports it as a possibility, something else happens a couple of days later. Of course, if he hears something that happens, and he later says he heard something about it, he looks dumber for not bringing it up and getting the scoop.

I don't see the ncaaa doing anything more. We've already self-imposed loss of scholarships with no bowl ban. I don't see the NCAA Banning us from any Bowl. We travel very very well and haven't been to a bowl since like 2019. The NCAA it's all about making money and UT can definitely do that for them. Hell, look at will wade at lsu or UNC and their fake classes. Nothing happened to them, not even so much as a scholarship lost!

Shhhh! Let's not say that.

If I remember correctly, Alabama's AD sat outside of Saban's house and would not take no for an answer! He continuously upped the offer until saban just couldn't pass it up. That's what a real AD does!
That AD already had Rich Rod signed up until he backed out at the last minute. Let's not act like he had a one person list and landed the big fish

Reactions: SpookyAction
Agree. All of the so called journalists are actually people who do not want to report the facts but to express their fiction as facts. If you do not believe that try, as difficult as it may be, to listen to 99.1 the “sports animal” or any other sports show in Eastern Tennessee.

Agree. All of the so called journalists are actually people who do not want to report the facts but to express their fiction as facts. If you do not believe that try, as difficult as it may be, to listen to 99.1 the “sports animal” or any other sports show in Eastern Tennessee.
So, it's your opinion that *all* journalists fit that description, as proven by your small sample size?

So, it's your opinion that *all* journalists fit that description, as proven by your small sample size?
Just relating to what is available in East Tennessee. Journalists today are more interested in their slant than instead of what actually happens. If you disagree with that, that is your opinion. Today we have a lot journalists who want to be editorialists. I w
At to read/ hear the facts and make up my own conclusions.

I don't remember anyone with a brain calling Saban a terrible hire

Yeah Saban already had a NC. While I certainly laughed at ULM, I knew that wasn’t going to be the norm.

Having said that, I don’t think anyone was predicting the dynasty he has built either.

VN Store

Back