This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat

1,800 feet? Why not look out of a plane? Or is that a freemason conspiracy too?

I think this flight is just the precursor to the one where he’ll go up high enough to take photos that prove all us roundies wrong. Assuming of course that he survives this first little steambucket ride.

1,800 feet? Why not look out of a plane? Or is that a freemason conspiracy too?

This is at best a stunt for attention and has squat to do with proving/disproving anything. 1800' isn't remotely high enough. On top of that a lowly Cessna Skycatcher has a service ceiling over 8x that altitude. This idiot could literally go rent a ride in any single engine plane and top that height.

I don't even really think the "normal" commercial altitude of 40K or less is really high enough though I've heard on Concord, which could cruise at 60K, you could see the curvature.

Or you could just go to the beach with some binoculars and watch tall ships rise/drop on the horizon.

I think these people need to be gathered up and studied. It’s fascinating how their minds work. How do they explain gravity, or why does the ISS or other satellite not photograph the underside of the planet? Would an asteroid impact potentially shift the disc’s axis, causing the oceans to surge over the ice wall and into space?

A special type of people for sure.

Reactions: 2 people
i wish him well,hopefully it will be a safe landing for him

it did sound like he was just pumping the flat earth believers for money

If you’re only going 1,800 feet up, wouldn’t it be much cheaper and safer to use a hot air balloon?

Welp, takeoff was delayed due to lack of approval from the Bureau of Land Management (and some engine problems with his motor home/launch ramp). I'm sure Elon Musk is relieved.

Reactions: 2 people
He messed his steam pressure calculations... feared he was gonna fly too far and over the edge. So, he back out. He will hike to the edge and take a photo instead.

Reactions: 1 person
Welp, takeoff was delayed due to lack of approval from the Bureau of Land Management (and some engine problems with his motor home/launch ramp). I'm sure Elon Musk is relieved.

Those BLM people ruin everything, don't they?

This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat - The Washington Post

Seeking to prove that a conspiracy of astronauts fabricated the shape of the Earth, a California man intends to launch himself 1,800 feet high on Saturday in a rocket he built from scrap metal.
Assuming the 500-mph, mile-long flight through the Mojave Desert does not kill him, Mike Hughes told the Associated Press, his journey into the atmosflat will mark the first phase of his ambitious flat-Earth space program.
Hughes’s ultimate goal is a subsequent launch that puts him miles above the Earth, where the 61-year-old limousine driver hopes to photograph proof of the disc we all live on.
“It’ll shut the door on this ball earth,” Hughes said in a fundraising interview with a flat-Earth group for Saturday’s flight. Theories discussed during the interview included NASA being controlled by round-Earth Freemasons and Elon Musk making fake rockets from blimps.
Hughes promised the flat-Earth community that he would expose the conspiracy with his steam-powered rocket, which will launch from a heavily modified mobile home — though he acknowledged that he still had much to learn about rocket science.
“This whole tech thing,” he said in the June interview. “I’m really behind the eight ball.”

Don't really got much to add. It's 2017 and this exists. :loco:

Evolution works!

Dude did the math and calculations to figure out launch angles, proper thrust and propulsion. He’s crazy, but outside of the flat earth stuff, he’s apparently not stupid.

VN Store

Back