This is why one day

You will wake up and find out the University has settled with Beldar for 3-4 mil. No one wants the events of these days litigated, least of all the University.

Kevin Steele:

"To be real frank with you, I could write a book now about nothing more than those 18 days. So much so that if I did choose to write a book, it would be a Netflix series," Steele told CBS Sports.

Kevin Steele details work with Navy SEALS, COVID-19 battle entering first season out of football in 40 years
I am very happy that Kevin Steele is not coaching at the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: kcvols1
Lee Tevino has told us that when he was a youngster playing for money, they just made everything legal so nobody could cheat! Could we do that?

Y'all gotta stop blaming the NCAA. We suck because UT leadership doesn't give a damn about winning. We hired Kiffin when at that time we could have hired anyone. We then hired Dooley and went cheap. We then hired Butch. Then Pruitt.

Multiple schools including Vandy hired much better coaches during that period.

I have zero idea if this will ever get turned around again but it's not the NCAA who put us in this situation. It's a school knowing they have a fanbase who will keep showing up to games no matter what that got us here.
Derek Mason would have done a pretty decent job at UT.

Reactions: NEO and tnutater
I wonder where cornbread learnt all his cheating ways from??? Saban won’t allow this thing to go to court

I honestly don’t think Saban has even had to cheat since the late 2000s to get top talent. The program has been so dominant for the last 15 years that I think it pretty much sells itself without a bunch of cash in taco bags being handed to recruits

You will wake up and find out the University has settled with Beldar for 3-4 mil. No one wants the events of these days litigated, least of all the University.

Kevin Steele:

"To be real frank with you, I could write a book now about nothing more than those 18 days. So much so that if I did choose to write a book, it would be a Netflix series," Steele told CBS Sports.

Kevin Steele details work with Navy SEALS, COVID-19 battle entering first season out of football in 40 years
Well, this gives us some insight into why the investigation is STILL ongoing.

Not going to pay him a dime. And he’ll be paying for UT’s lawyers. If he’s got more crap to spill, let him add to his own show cause.

Reactions: kcvols1
You type that as if Pruitt has nothing to lose by filing suit.

If UT had any intention of settling with Pruitt, they'd have negotiated a buyout prior firing him, instead of firing him with cause, and then having to backtrack.

Lol. Brother, that is a logical post. We are dealing with the UT AD. NOTHING is impossible, no matter how stupid or illogical. In fact, when presented with 5 good options and one lousy one.......guess whichnone we have chosen the past 15 years.

Is there a rule on Volnation that every thread title must be vague and look like a clickbait article title?

There's this about the fanbase and then the admin figuring out the Bama, GA, and sometimes LSU/FL are cash cows for TV revenue.

Seriously, no other SEC teams have to do anything but stay in the top 30 most years and the TV money will be there. TN, Ole Miss, KY, Miz, MState can easily saturate at least the 15-30, certainly the 15-40 ranking and the SEC will keep collecting big TV revenue.

No one expects us to beat GA, much less Bama, and usually not FL anymore and we'll struggle with Ole Miss, literally nothing is easy for us in the SEC except Vandy and the SEC keeps collecting big TV revenue.

I don't know if Coach Heupel, AD White,. Chancellor Plowman, and President Boyd will admit it but going 7-5, 8-4, 7-5, 9-3, winning a minor bowl most years gives 90% of the TN fans enough reason to keep watching SEC football on TV and provides a pretty comfy seat from Coach to President.

Cash Cow, and comfy Coach, AD, Admin seats..... all my hate but all my thanks to Smart and Saban, if I'm honest.
What a godawful attitude for the admin to have. If AD's outside of the big 5 really have that sort of mentality, then the SEC will become what the Big Ten has been for the last 15 years. Unfortunately for us the mid pack of the SEC is actually committed to putting the best program out there that their resources can support, whereas we are simply throwing money into a pit. That's why Ole Miss is healthy despite recently getting their program hit with a bomb, and why Kentucky has gone from a laughing stock at the beginning of Stoop's tenure to the best of the rest in the East. Its why Miss State is hiring a guy like Mike Leach. It's why Arkansas was able to jump us from the gutter in a single offseason. We have to quit throwing money at our problems and throw some sense at them, and no offense to Heupel(who I think is a good coach in a historically bad situation) but with how that search went, it certainly seems like there is a lack of sense on the Hill.

If you do not operate outside of compliance you will get players transferring in the portal, recruits getting out of their NLI, and recruiting players at the Sunbelt Conference level. Those that think the Vols are at rock bottom now are about to be surprised.
The problem is not compliance or not, In college BB you have coaches that comply and those who don't, The players form up with the type program they and their handlers want. Barnes is one of the "clean" ones and you can see from the behavior off his player they choose a clean program.
Pruitt ran a dirty program with some of the players in the program being here as part of a clean program created internal strife - wouldn't you be pissed if you weren't getting paid and the guy getting big bucks couldn't cover a slant route - there are no squeaky clean programs because of boosters, but the coaching staff are either hands on or not.

A majority of the information is already known or will be known to the NCAA.

I say if we go down, take as many down with us as possible.
Boosters don't care what the NCAA knows, they don't want jimmy Hyams to get the info then spin it as click bait for his profit.

The problem is not compliance or not, In college BB you have coaches that comply and those who don't, The players form up with the type program they and their handlers want. Barnes is one of the "clean" ones and you can see from the behavior off his player they choose a clean program.
Pruitt ran a dirty program with some of the players in the program being here as part of a clean program created internal strife - wouldn't you be pissed if you weren't getting paid and the guy getting big bucks couldn't cover a slant route - there are no squeaky clean programs because of boosters, but the coaching staff are either hands on or not.
I disagree, most highly talented basketball and football players have received extra benefits of some kind at least since a high school freshman. Boosters are instructed by coaching staffs on which players to go after and take care of.. Pruitt did not maintain the plausible deniability that is required everywhere except Alabama. He simply did not understand the Bama way does not work everywhere.

VN Store

Back