This Is The Best Wide Receiving Corps Ever

It was one game. Not one member of the trio has a 1,000 yard season under their belt.
I'm hoping that this past week was the "light switch" moment for us. If we get OL protection, Chaney can dial in the passing game pretty well. If JG keeps performing like this, WR's and QB's will want to come play for Vols/Chaney.

It was one game. Not one member of the trio has a 1,000 yard season under their belt.

Not sure how that contradicts anything in my statement at all. :confused:

Team has just recently started putting it all together and still arent all the way there. Doesnt lessen the fact that they go down the the history books for what they did on Saturday and even the greats before them did not achieve that in a single game. Doesnt mean they are the greatest WR we have ever had but it does mean they are the greatest 3 some in one game, yes.

Thats a good start.

We've had some good ones but as a group, these guys are the best, imo.
Ummm no and its not even close. UT was WR for a long long time dude. There was a period in the 80's and 90's when our bench WR's got a look in the league. These guys are talented but neither of them will make first-team SEC much less All American (JJ deserves it). During the80's- early 2000's era, JJ is the only one of these guys that would start most years

Also, maybe it's because I was in my early teen years, and they were larger than life to me then, but 1981 Anthony Hancock and Willie Gault, though not the highest on production scale, seemed like they were to me at the time. Before they outlawed tear away jerseys, I had that #28 Hancock tear away that got torn off playing back yard pick up games.

Don’t forget 1990 - Carl Pickens, Alvin Harper, Anthony Morgan
This may be the apex. Hard to trot out three better in one season...all had different skill sets. Morgan had speed to burn and shifty...Harper could take a 5 yard slant and turn it into a 60 yard TD, and Pickens was just a "baller" with all around talent.

The guys we have now are as good as any we've had and we've had some good ones. It's pretty darn impressive what our coaching staff has done with these guys and it's gonna get better. WRU is back.

Reactions: LookinUp

VN Store

Back