This Hurts

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Williams falls short: Defensive end Gerald Williams, who’s signed with the Vols on two different occasions, fell short on his latest attempt to post a qualifying standardized test score.

Williams is currently attending Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy and had hoped to enroll at UT in January. He hasn’t given up on his quest to play for the Vols and is looking into the possibility of filing an appeal.

Originally from Lauderdale Lakes, Fla., Williams practiced briefly with the Vols in August 2005 before being pulled off the field because of an NCAA Clearinghouse issue. A course he took at the now defunct University High in Miami, one of the schools identified by the NCAA as a diploma mill, was at the crux of his eligibility problems

This Williams situation is just terrible. At this rate, I don't think that he's ever going to wear orange and white.

sad, let the kid in and then let's see if he sinks or swims in the classroom

Not looking good for him or for us. This kid really needs to find a college home for his own sake whether he plays ball or not. Would love to have him on the roster, he would be a great addition to DE corps, but sadly enough I don't see it happening, appeals to the NCAA clearinghouse are not met with positive results the overwhelming majority of the time. Let's hope he beats the odds.

A course he took at the now defunct University High in Miami, one of the schools identified by the NCAA as a diploma mill, was at the crux of his eligibility problems

A school in Miami for pushing out diplomas?! No way!!!

I just do not understand why they dont just let these kids in, if they can handle the class work then we'll find out soon enough, some of these kids just need the tutorial attention that a major college program can provide

VN Store

Back