This has been a long week

Social media, tv, radio, rankings. Everywhere you look you see how bad TN sucks, how bad they looked, how they blew it, the I told you so’s. You can’t even hide from it. Hopefully we get a win and move on from this.

If you don't run your mouth there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I have never trash talked for any sports team in my life.

Not even when I played sports.

This is why social media characters like Uncle Lou don't bother me.

My wife is an Alabama fan and I have never said anything about Alabama unless it was true.

I did make comments about losing respect for Saban when he showed support for BLM.

That's about it.

I’m not sure we BLEW anything … it’s the perception. We had/have a great offense but a lot to be desired on D … we’ve talked about it all year and it caught up to us on Saturday. Blame the players or coaches, whatever, but this team wasn’t there … yet. Perhaps we should be HAPPY we played as well as we did this season IN SPITE of the weaknesses.

Social media, tv, radio, rankings. Everywhere you look you see how bad TN sucks, how bad they looked, how they blew it, the I told you so’s. You can’t even hide from it. Hopefully we get a win and move on from this.

Just focus on turkey and wine brother!

Let the rest handle itself.

Reactions: sami
I was doing better with the loss until Tuesday night at 7 when the CFP polls came out again. Then it hit me again just how much we lost as a program with that 1 loss. Being in the top 4 of college football may not come our way again for a long time, hopefully it will though. Very sad loss.

We're like Bigfoot. Most people don't believe in Bigfoot and make fun of those who do. You gotta be brave to believe in Bigfoot. You gotta have sand to love Bigfoot.

its gonna be that way for a few years until we keep having great seasons. 1 season could be chalked up as a fluke considering its only CJH's 2nd year on the job of a dumpster fire he inherited. We have to have back to back great seasons to start to swing the narrative of our program.

It’s our fans. There’s a LOT who stick their foots in their mouths. It’s embarrassing. Need to just keep the trash talk amongst ourselves until we have sustained success and a couple years of NOT crapping the bed.
That’s ridiculous. Trash talk amongst ourselves? Trash talk is designed to be between opposing fans not fans of the same team. That’s trolling at its worst.

Wait, that’s goes on here all the time. “Just keeping it real.”

We will slam Vandy, win our bowl and land a highly ranked class. Then it be be like they remember. Our football team beating their football team at football.

I think everyone should just get a big plate of food tomorrow and put on Rockytop to play over and over.

I don’t think it’s anti TN, I think it’s the media just grabbing onto a team that appeared to implode.

They (the media) was jocking TN really hard when we were winning and all over Bama and Saban after he dropped two games. It’s the media trend to pile onto any team that doesn’t meet expectation or ruins their narrative feel good story.
The media will grab onto anything that gets them clicks. It’s the new ratings system.

I’ve stayed off social media since the game but made the mistake of getting on fb last night thinking I was safe lol. I don’t have any friends on there that follow cfb except for the one I forgot about. A Clemson fan heckling his USCjr buddies that Clemson isn’t Tennessee 🥴 There’s just no getting away from it lol. Ahhhhhhhhh!
I told my wife I need to get a new hobby this one is going to kill me. I said that the week we played Bama. It was the point of the game where it looked like Bama was going to take back over the game. I have to many gray hairs for being 36.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Yeah I've been bummed out since Saturday night. Haven't watched ANY football, college football shows, SEC network or anything this week. Don't wanna be constantly reminded how we s**t the bed. But that's how it used to be 20 years ago when we had good teams and were relevant. Comes with the territory. Did watch the basketball game tho. Wasn't planning on watching anymore football till next year but I'll probably watch the Candy game and see if Milton's gonna be worth a d**n for next year.

I told my wife I need to get a new hobby this one is going to kill me. I said that the week we played Bama. It was the point of the game where it looked like Bama was going to take back over the game. I have to many gray hairs for being 36.
Haha I’m 37. My husband thinks I need help and he’s probably right.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
That’s ridiculous. Trash talk amongst ourselves? Trash talk is designed to be between opposing fans not fans of the same team. That’s trolling at its worst.

Wait, that’s goes on here all the time. “Just keeping it real.”

We will slam Vandy, win our bowl and land a highly ranked class. Then it be be like they remember. Our football team beating their football team at football.
I’m talking about talking smack about other teams amongst ourselves.

It's not hiding at all, it's just not wasting any of your valuable time or life by giving these cretins the only thing they crave - clicks, views, and your attention.

Try it for a week and you'll wonder why the hell you didn't do it years ago.
Slowbellies

I agree with the OP, I haven’t been able to duck this loss this week. All the talking heads are all over it on the radio in west tennessee and even non sports related podcasts are talking about because some of the hosts are SEC fans. And to make it worse Hendon’s injury is like an afterthought to these jackals.

Reactions: oz615
Made my normal comments on my favorite vol podcasts on YouTube. Found myself getting drilled by rival schools fans. One called me trailer park team. Never got it this bad before lol.I'm ready to forget about last week.

Last edited:
It was a bad night and we were way off for one reason or another. We are still on the way up and all of these negative reactions from other fans and media outlets are to be expected. They’ve been utterly shell shocked at our meteoric rise through the first half or so of our season. It has alarmed a lot of opposing team’s fans.

All that has been said and opined this week is nothing more than their foolish expression of relief because they falsely believe it has run its course. It hasn’t, it has only just begun. They are completely unaware of what is being built here and what has already been built in such a short amount of time. Their losses to the VOLS are mounting with each day that goes by, they just don’t know it yet.

Let them have their week of running us down and poking fun at us. I’m looking forward to the coming years of crushing their spirit, stealing their souls and making them regret believing their own stupidity. I also look forward to reminding them of that as we string together many consecutive years of beating our SEC opponents.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Yeah, I told my gamecock friend that this is as good as it will ever be for him. They are at that place where they celebrate ruining other teams seasons while still accomplishing nothing for themselves. That atleast made me feel a bit better.

Beat Vandy and nobody can deny that it’s an insanely successful season. 10-2, NY6 Bowl for the first time since…..what, 2004? 1999? A loss to Vandy is inexcusable under any circumstances and wipes away a lot of the credibility Heupel has built imo.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Yeah, I told my gamecock friend that this is as good as it will ever be for him. They are at that place where they celebrate ruining other teams seasons while still accomplishing nothing for themselves. That atleast made me feel a bit better.

He can enjoy being back to back Mayo Bowl champs while the Vols will be in the NY6.

VN Store

Back