This has been a long week

Social media, tv, radio, rankings. Everywhere you look you see how bad TN sucks, how bad they looked, how they blew it, the I told you so’s. You can’t even hide from it. Hopefully we get a win and move on from this.
It will take more than a win against Vandy to put this to rest. If will help if we can luck into the Sugar or Orange Bowl, flip a couple of 5*s in the early signing period, and win the bowl game against a quality opponent. People outside the program will be talking about what might have been from now to next season, maybe beyond. And that means we're going to be talking about it as well.

For some reason everyone hates Tennessee. They really like to pile on when something like this happens.. Tennessee must of scared a lot of these people as children because we haven't done shat in 24 years.

Beldar was the icing on the cake. Its been pretty miserable.

Reactions: oz615
Social media, tv, radio, rankings. Everywhere you look you see how bad TN sucks, how bad they looked, how they blew it, the I told you so’s. You can’t even hide from it. Hopefully we get a win and move on from this.

Yeah, you can. I don't mean 'hiding' from anything, but avoiding social media, TV,and radio garbage is pretty easy. Been doing it for about 20 years now, and aside from not being aggravated regularly, I've missed nothing. Just watch the games and ignore the noise and I promise you'll be happier and will have missed nothing but mindless blather.

It's miserable if you let it be miserable. I'm too happy about us having a for real winning season to be derailed by any and all genre of literary jackasses.

Yeah, you can. I don't mean 'hiding' from anything, but avoiding social media, TV,and radio garbage is pretty easy. Been doing it for about 20 years now, and aside from not being aggravated regularly, I've missed nothing. Just watch the games and ignore the noise and I promise you'll be happier and will have missed nothing but mindless blather.
I know what you mean and with the 15 years that we have had I have gotten real good at hiding from everything. The mistake I think I made was keeping up with everything while we were in the chase and now that routine and all of those recommendations come back when we blow it and it makes it hard to hide from after you spent the last 10 weeks looking at everything.

I don’t think it’s anti TN, I think it’s the media just grabbing onto a team that appeared to implode.

They (the media) was jocking TN really hard when we were winning and all over Bama and Saban after he dropped two games. It’s the media trend to pile onto any team that doesn’t meet expectation or ruins their narrative feel good story.

I’m a big Vol, always have been for about 60 years, but it is just another week for me personally.
I have much more to be concerned about than any sports team’s performance or drama.

As usual I will be tuned in Saturday night and really looking forward to it. But, as usual I will wake up Sunday morning and go on with my life enjoying my beautiful kids, grandchildren, family, friends and all other blessings that I have.

Last edited:
Everybody loved us for most of the year--especially after the bama victory. Everybody thought we were for real. Then we played badly against
georgia--didn't justify the hype for that game at all--and then were were laughably, shockingly terrible against South Carolina---our 2nd collapse in 3 games. When you show that you weren't what the media/analysts believed you to be, they are going to turn on you. It would happen to any team.

Reactions: knox73 and Raebo
We need to beat Vandy so that it doesn't get worse, but beating Vandy isn't going to improve it much. We pooped the bed in epic fashion. It will be with us for awhile.

I know what you mean and with the 15 years that we have had I have gotten real good at hiding from everything. The mistake I think I made was keeping up with everything while we were in the chase and now that routine and all of those recommendations come back when we blow it and it makes it hard to hide from after you spent the last 10 weeks looking at everything.

It's not hiding at all, it's just not wasting any of your valuable time or life by giving these cretins the only thing they crave - clicks, views, and your attention.

Try it for a week and you'll wonder why the hell you didn't do it years ago.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This is the first time in my life as a Vol Fan (1964) that a loss has had zero affect on me.
Wow, I thought to myself why not?
Because we are in a good position and hopefully we will stabilize the staff with a few changes as needed.
As long as we can put points on the board we are in the game.
As we all have through several periods of total dismay none have been like the last 16 years. We now have a heartbeat. Although The 77 - 85 period was pretty bad.
The expansion of a 12 team playoff in the future and we will be in the mix for a spot every year.
11-2 would be fantastic - Top 10 program - Recruiting (Look at where we have been)
Next year the Offense will be built around Milton. Should be interesting to see what changes this week.
Defense is going to have to be feared. My one concern. Because Defense does win Championships.

The collapse of the Vols Football team has disappointed a lot of people on a national level...Many were not Vol fans, until we looked so damn good flying up and down the field scoring touchdowns after touchdown, until the team just fell apart the last 2 of the past 3 weeks....

The public doesn't like their football gods being so ordinary, especially when in their minds, many felt the Vols were something special...

If a person is sensitive, don't watch ESPN, SEC Network, or any sports shows that cover college football, you won't like what you see and hear.

Reactions: oz615 and Raebo

I've had no problem with it. The week has been normal for me. It's a game. This stuff once bothered me just like you guys. But I got other things to think about, and once that game was done? Oh well. It's just another season that got derailed. Not like that ain't happened before. Life goes on, and what the press has to say? Goes in one ear, out the other. And it is kinda nice that it doesn't affect me too much.

Y'all stock up on the stomach remedies. Since I don't need em? More for you all.

I’ve stayed off social media since the game but made the mistake of getting on fb last night thinking I was safe lol. I don’t have any friends on there that follow cfb except for the one I forgot about. A Clemson fan heckling his USCjr buddies that Clemson isn’t Tennessee 🥴 There’s just no getting away from it lol. Ahhhhhhhhh!

For some reason everyone hates Tennessee. They really like to pile on when something like this happens.. Tennessee must of scared a lot of these people as children because we haven't done shat in 24 years.
It’s our fans. There’s a LOT who stick their foots in their mouths. It’s embarrassing. Need to just keep the trash talk amongst ourselves until we have sustained success and a couple years of NOT crapping the bed.

Ya know, week before we played Ga, I actually said to a co-worker that if we win the toss, defer, and get a stop on their first possession then it’s ballgame. That’s the confidence level I had in this team. I believed they were that good. After watching the SC game….I think back and wonder wth was I thinking. Been a long week for sure but the off-season thoughts of what could’ve been will be even longer. A good buddy who’s a VFL said when you’re coaching 19-22 year olds anything is possible. He handles it better than me

Reactions: kcvols1
I’ve stayed off social media since the game but made the mistake of getting on fb last night thinking I was safe lol. I don’t have any friends on there that follow cfb except for the one I forgot about. A Clemson fan heckling his USCjr buddies that Clemson isn’t Tennessee 🥴 There’s just no getting away from it lol. Ahhhhhhhhh!

id love to see Clemson and UT win in blowout games this weekend.
then Vols blowout Clemson in the Orange Bowl with both teams wearing their Orange helmets and fans can go back and forth whether the helmets look alike or not.

Everytime I see an article/show dissing UT, or a dumb thread talking about firings, dismissals, yadda yadda yadda, all I can think is “no one cares”. Handle the business on the field against vandy and we still had a magical season.

VN Store

Back