This game worries me

Originally posted by rwemyss@Oct 29, 2004 11:06 AM
The rules have a pecking order, 1-7... one being the first. You go down the list until a rule breaks the tie. I'm actually not understanding why there's more than one rule for the two way though. each team in the division plays each other, if there's a two way tie in the end, the head-to-head determines the winner... how else could it go?

Enlighten us AllVol? You seem to know better about this sort of stuff than the rest of us.

The 231 page NCAA rules document does not allow for ties. Therefore, I see no realistic scenario by which 2 teams in the same division would not have a head-to-head result.

The only instance I can think of would be similar to 2001, when the Tennessee vs Florida game was rescheduled to later in the season. If for some reason the game were canceled instead of rescheduled, you could have the possibility of having 2 teams tied for a division lead, but not having a head-to-head matchup... thus moving on to tie-breaker # 2.

Originally posted by Tnvolfan68@Oct 29, 2004 1:10 PM
I need a drink to cool off the brain on that one

Scenario # 3 is the similar to how Georgia was chosen for last season's SECCG.

Georgia was 7, Tennessee was 9, and Florida was 14.

However the week before, Florida was 11 and getting ready to play Florida State.... Georgia was 7 and Tennessee was 8. Had Florida beaten Florida State and somehow slipped past Tennessee in the BCS, they would have gone to the SECCG instead of Georgia.

Interesting how a non-conference game can now decide the SEC Championship :question:

To much info for me to digest Allvol.I say we simplify this situation and go out and kick S.C.'s :shakeit: .End of story.

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Oct 29, 2004 3:19 PM
To much info for me to digest Allvol.I say we simplify this situation and go out and kick S.C.'s :shakeit: .End of story.

Agreed. It's a moot point if (and when) we win tomorrow.

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Oct 29, 2004 3:19 PM

:good:

I'm predicting a 30-20 Tennessee win. South Carolina just doesn't seem to be a very consistent team. They nearly beat Georgia, but then lost to Ole Miss and beat Kentucky (who we've beaten 20 years in a row) only 12-7. As with the Florida-Mississippi State game last week, I just have a feeling our defense will step up, our offense will step up, and we'll put South Carolina away in an intense game that comes down to the fourth quarter. :pepper:

O.k.,I just heard Munoz did not make the trip to S.C..The doctor's did not clear him.I also heard that Cody Douglas will not start but will see some action.

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Oct 30, 2004 12:18 AM
O.k.,I just heard Munoz did not make the trip to S.C..The doctor's did not clear him.I also heard that Cody Douglas will not start but will see some action.

NOT GOOD! :bad:

Well, so much for a "healthy" line this week. Hope we can find a back well enough to run hard!

VN Store

Back