"This fight isn't over. We're only on round 6."

This is more of an off-season thing, BUT he needs to add about 15-20 pounds. Eat an extra 2 PBJ sandwiches a day and live in the weight room. If he doesn't he won't be able to last a full season of SEC play.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
1-11 or 2-10 maybe 3-9 at best, but I do think Maur is the man to lead us the rest of the season and into 2020. I like his confidence and maybe he can steal a win for us this weekend and South Carolina in a couple of weeks.

Yea, these 2 thoughts dont really add up.

I wasn't sure what his disposition was gonna be after that hit Saturday. I don't remember if I read it here, or heard someone on a broadcast, but they made the comment that a hit like that can change a player. I wondered if it would take something out of him.

I think it just pissed him off.

1-11 or 2-10 maybe 3-9 at best, but I do think Maur is the man to lead us the rest of the season and into 2020. I like his confidence and maybe he can steal a win for us this weekend and South Carolina in a couple of weeks.

I don’t have very high expectations, but what team in front of us less Bama looks better than we did those first two quarters with the team they have left. Missouri is at the top of that list (especially in Columbia), but Bryant is banged up. How good will he be by the end of the year? Every other game other than the Kentucky game is at home. I think there is some percentage we could win 5 of the next 6. Next week could change the outlook of the season.

Against Bama we should never punt. And onside kick every kickoff.

While this may be cool to see.........It could cause Bama to score 100 points.

I do understand.....what does Tennessee have to lose.

While this may be cool to see.........It could cause Bama to score 100 points.

I do understand.....what does Tennessee have to lose.
Oh please. Bama could not care any less what a Tennessee player says at this point. But I do understand, it's fun to get all self deprecating and dramatic.

Pruitt said GA didn't call anything different than the first half. We just stopped executing.
Didn’t have to call anything different. We caught them off guard, not expecting us to make any throws.
Once they figured out we could, put a little more effort in the pass rush and coverage, rotated and rested , and the level of talent took over!

Oh please. Bama could not care any less what a Tennessee player says at this point. But I do understand, it's fun to get all self deprecating and dramatic.

What?

Maybe read my post and the one I was commenting on.

The poster said: Tennessee should never punt, and preform and onside kick every time they kick off.

I said: while this may be cool to see, it could lead to Bama scoring 100 points.

Bama will prob score a bunch regardless. If Tennessee gives them many other chances.......they could score much more. Simply by Tennessee failing on 4th down and letting Bama have the ball in good position. And failing on onside kicks and giving Bama much better field position.

Agree it must be fun to get all dramatic.

Reactions: livefaith
What?

Maybe read my post and the one I was commenting on.

The poster said: Tennessee should never punt, and preform and onside kick every time they kick off.

I said: while this may be cool to see, it could lead to Bama scoring 100 points.

Bama will prob score a bunch regardless. If Tennessee gives them many other chances.......they could score much more. Simply by Tennessee failing on 4th down and letting Bama have the ball in good position. And failing on onside kicks and giving Bama much better field position.

Agree it must be fun to get all dramatic.
I get what your saying now. Thanks for the clarification.

UT wins at least 4, probably 5 with a CHANCE (probably small) at 6.

Reactions: JoAllan
I remember JG saying when he took over he was brash also. I want to see results. I really like his attitude though and the energy he brings to the field.

Last edited:
I'm all in on Maurer, his graduate school started against UGA-if he can stay healthy, he'll be getting it done. We must remember, he has started only game in his career (college), and in that game we got blown away, he was knocked out-literally knocked out. But he seems to have real guts, and his basic ability is better than JG's, if we give him the same long, long chances we gave JG, he'll be out QB for quite some time to come. I wish him the very best. With that said, I've gone lite, MS, again I don't think we'll cover.

9069561-B-836-F-47-EC-A296-070671538230.gif

Uh-oh. Fun police alert.
No, that dude is a troll.

He's not a Vol fan at all.

He ONLY posts about why Tennessee sucks.
He said Brian would throw 4 picks by halftime against UGA. Then didn't even eat crow about that stupid prediction.

Screw that dude...

Reactions: vollygirl
No, that dude is a troll.

He's not a Vol fan at all.

He ONLY posts about why Tennessee sucks.
He said Brian would throw 4 picks by halftime against UGA. Then didn't even eat crow about that stupid prediction.

Screw that dude...
In his defense, you gotta admit that Brian was being put in a situation that most would consider a fail before ever taking the field. No one expected his first start to be damn near historical against the best team in college football with only two weeks of preparation.

My problem is with those that seem to write him off because he wasn’t able to match his first half performance against said team that made adjustments where we did not. That entire game was put on his shoulders with very limited help from a play calling standpoint.

Pruitt said GA didn't call anything different than the first half. We just stopped executing.

Didn’t hear that quote, but uh-oh. Could be he is learning from PF. “Failed to develop”:and “failed to execute” were two of PF’s favorite ‘throw the player under the bus’ excuses when he entered his post-Cutcliffe happy-clappy grimace stage in the 2000s.

Just sayin’

VN Store

Back