This AD Hire is a Game Changer

Tough job getting the best coach at this particular time. We just can't be satisfied with some also-rans. I just don't know who's out there that we will be satisfied with.

I am hoping for the ten year guy that CPF referenced out of the gate, but we may have to accept a multi step solution. Wish circumstances did not make the task this tough.

I am going to be a bit more reserved, not on his hire, but circumstances may not allow him to get a guy he likes to fill the role till the NCAA outcome is reached. He obviously has a good eye, and I will trust his judgement, but he may not be able to hit a homerun where we are right now and may have to settle for a guy that has a base hit history. Could continue doing that or morph into a power hitter. I await his coach and staffing hires, knowing he might be limited. If he has some strong guys brave enough to sign due to his track record life can get better quickly, but it will still be process I fear. But steady progress seems possible, just don't know how steep the curve. If he follows up this hire with a HC soon, we may be able to minimize the departures and stop the bleeding. We shall see. This of course is all based on the rumors being true. Bet his terms will be staggering. I read where he was the highest paid AD in the state of FL.

We didn't have to pay players to go 3-7. So I say anyone else that wants to leave...then go. We can still go 3-7. My point is some coaches go 10-2, 9-3 with a bunch of 3 star players.

This is not the kind of hire I expected Tennessee to make. I feel like this is the most positive, hopeful thing that happened to UT in a very long time. We shall see

It's like a clean delineation between eras. Feels like a clean slate. Get the right coach and then wow.

This irrational hatred of people with a "UT background" is hilarious. Last time I looked Dave Hart and John Currie and Derek Dooley and Butch Jones and Lane Kiffin and Jeremy Pruitt didn't have a UT background. How'd that work out?

The last time I checked the score was Phil Fulmer 1 National Championship, those other douche nozzles 0

Hart got us Barnes and Currie got us coach V. Both pretty good hires.

VN Store

Back