Things to watch on this bye week that would benefit Tennessee

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
-Kentucky is going lose to Ole Miss, that’s fairly easy to see. So that’s #7 going down, which will bump us at least one spot. Ole Miss will likely jump into the Top 10 at that point, but they won’t jump ahead of us.

-#4 Michigan will play unranked Iowa. I don’t foresee Mich losing that one, but Iowa is a good team. They are really stout defensively. Michigan dropping that one would knock them out of the Top 10 and move us up.

-Arkansas could knock off #2 Bama, but I’m sure if that happens Bama will slide all the way down to #2.5

-#1 Georgia could totally lose to Mizzou, and the world could also end. Neither are technically impossible.

-#6 USC plays AZ State. They’re not going to lose that one, but the whole PAC-12 is garbage so who knows.

Going to feel great to just kick back and relax and have no reason to be nervous.

-Kentucky is going lose to Ole Miss, that’s fairly easy to see. So that’s #7 going down, which will bump us at least one spot. Ole Miss will likely jump into the Top 10 at that point, but they won’t jump ahead of us.

-#4 Michigan will play unranked Iowa. I don’t foresee Mich losing that one, but Iowa is a good team. They are really stout defensively. Michigan dropping that one would knock them out of the Top 10 and move us up.

-Arkansas could knock off #2 Bama, but I’m sure if that happens Bama will slide all the way down to #2.5

-#1 Georgia could totally lose to Mizzou, and the world could also end. Neither are technically impossible.

-#6 USC plays AZ State. They’re not going to lose that one, but the whole PAC-12 is garbage so who knows.

Going to feel great to just kick back and relax and have no reason to be nervous.

We need a gameplan heavily involving Dylan Sampson.

Last edited:
No real bearing on UT, but I am certainly going to watch the Wake-FSU game .

Want to see if FSU is the real deal since only got to see them play vs LSU so far this year. Hard to really make much of that game for either LSU or FSU in all honesty
I live in Tallahassee. I'll be at that game for sure. Can't top the experience that I had in Neyland last week though. :)

Biggest things that could help the Vols this weekend:

1. Pitt beat Ga Tech.
2. Florida beat the snot out of Directional U.
3. Akron beat Bowling Green.
4. Ball State beat Northern Illinois.
5. Kentucky beat Ole Miss (I don't think they will, but it would--in the long term--help us more if they did).
6. South Carolina whup Directional U 2.
7. Vandy join the ACC.
8. #10 NC State beat #5 Clemson, but not well enough to leapfrog us. Maybe an ugly, sloppy win.
9. Iowa beat #4 Michigan.
10. Rutgers beat #3 Ohio State (lololol, hilarious, but Kirk Herbstreit would use it as proof we shoulda hired Schiano).
11. Arizona State beat...lol, no, I can't even type that out. AZ State is beating no one with a pulse.
12. Elon Musk declare himself a Vols fan, and start pumping money into both the University and Spyre.

There, a dozen ought to do it. Would be a good Bye Week.

Go Vols!

1. Pitt beat Ga Tech.
5. Kentucky beat Ole Miss (I don't think they will, but it would--in the long term--help us more if they did).
7. Vandy join the ACC.
8. #10 NC State beat #5 Clemson, but not well enough to leapfrog us. Maybe an ugly, sloppy win.
10. Rutgers beat #3 Ohio State (lololol, hilarious, but Kirk Herbstreit would use it as proof we shoulda hired Schiano).
11. Arizona State beat...lol, no, I can't even type that out. AZ State is beating no one with a pulse.
12. Elon Musk declare himself a Vols fan, and start pumping money into both the University and Spyre.

Go Vols!
Meh I’d rather Akron lose every game.

1. Pitt beat Ga Tech.
7. Vandy join the ACC.

Go Vols!

On #1, I looked at Pitt’s schedule and I don’t think they are going to lose another game this year. We would absolutely blow through that schedule.

No real bearing on UT, but I am certainly going to watch the Wake-FSU game .

Want to see if FSU is the real deal since only got to see them play vs LSU so far this year. Hard to really make much of that game for either LSU or FSU in all honesty

LSU should’ve won that game by 20+, those kicking team mistakes should never and won’t happen again. LSU is solid.

Reactions: Sarms58

1. Pitt beat Ga Tech.
7. Vandy join the ACC.

Go Vols!

# 1, 5,8, 9 totally possible. The rest don't matter.

Iowa has the worst offense in the Nation; they will lucky to score 3 points vs Michigan.

These lists are nice and things like Pitt winning out would be a plus, but at the end of the day though, beat LSU, UK, MIzzou, and USC and look respectable against Bama and UGA and nothing else really matters.

A 10-2 SEC team with 3-4 wins over ranked opponents and a fan base that travels like ours is going to end up invited somewhere like the Orange, Sugar or Cotton Bowls.

VN Store

Back