Things I'm mad about today

Mad at automotive engineers. They should have to work on these things after the whole vehicle is assembled. Took me 4 hours to change the alternator on wifey's minivan. Good grief. And if my arms were any bigger ( I am fairly scrawny), it would not have been possible to do without removing even more of the van than I did. You have to remove the power steering reservoir, the windshield washer reservoir, remove the clamps that hold the A/C condenser and the clamps that hold the radiator, about 20 of those plastic clips so you can remove the inner splash guard underneath. My goodness. My 05 Mustang took me 30 minutes to do this same replacement. My 04 F150 took about 30 minutes. I long for the days of simple cars and trucks.

calltheman-auntbee.gif

Last edited:
Mad at automotive engineers. They should have to work on these things after the whole vehicle is assembled. Took me 4 hours to change the alternator on wifey's minivan. Good grief. And if my arms were any bigger ( I am fairly scrawny), it would not have been possible to do without removing even more of the van than I did. You have to remove the power steering reservoir, the windshield washer reservoir, remove the clamps that hold the A/C condenser and the clamps that hold the radiator, about 20 of those plastic clips so you can remove the inner splash guard underneath. My goodness. My 05 Mustang took me 30 minutes to do this same replacement. My 04 F150 took about 30 minutes. I long for the days of simple cars and trucks.
I did this stuff for a while on the side. I hate newer vehicles for this reason 🤣. Kia minivan was the worst one I ever did.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Mad at companies who dont seemed concerned about work they subcontract.

ATT line that brings internet., TV and all the extras to son and 2 other homes was severed. It appears to have been buried only inches underground. ATT service dude who found problem Monday morning said it may take 7 to10 days before crew could repair it. Waiting to see hpw grandkids survive.

Mad at companies who dont seemed concerned about work they subcontract.

ATT line that brings internet., TV and all the extras to son and 2 other homes was severed. It appears to have been buried only inches underground. ATT service dude who found problem Monday morning said it may take 7 to10 days before crew could repair it. Waiting to see hpw grandkids survive.
Yes, AT&T buries the fiber line to the homes only inches below the surface. We may deduce that they believe buried lines will have fewer issues, be less susceptible to damage, and that most property owners will not be digging/altering landscaping along the path of their buried cable.

Yes, AT&T buries the fiber line to the homes only inches below the surface. We may deduce that they believe buried lines will have fewer issues, be less susceptible to damage, and that most property owners will not be digging/altering landscaping along the path of their buried cable.
AT&T has fiber from the pole to the house here down about a foot which is unusual. Spectrum cuts a slit in the ground and pushed the cable into it. I watched them do it.

AT&T has fiber from the pole to the house here down about a foot which is unusual. Spectrum cuts a slit in the ground and pushed the cable into it. I watched them do it.
The "slit" method is how AT&T buried our fiber line too -- the guy was literally done within 10 minutes. It hasn't even been 2 years since I had it installed and I've already found 2 spots that have emerged due to erosion. 🙄

Where do I begin !!

OK. Here is my venting. My wife had a heart ablation Friday. No big deal, right? Biggest thing about the procedure is having to lay flat for 6-8 hours afterwards.Because of the location of most ablations, it is an inherent risk that the main pathway can be nicked, causing a pacemaker to be needed. And the doctor's paperwork for the procedure protects him from that. It's basically oops, I'm sorry, you need a pacemaker now. Wife is only 50. And he did just that. He spent alot of time turning around in his seat asking Carl training questions and fussing at him for not answering in a timely manner. This is an extremely vain doctor, and his bedside manners are atrocious, and his concern for Carl's timely input far outweighed his attention to my wife during the procedure. So, Saturday morning in the wee hours, her heart rate is all over the place. In and out of tachycardia and afib. and fluctuating from 60's to 150's and up erratically. So, we end up in the ER. Some of his staff are on call, but he bolted out of town right after her procedure. In their phone consultations with him, he vehemetly argued with his staffers and insisted nothing was wrong with her. They did the EKG's and stuff. And at one point were prepared to do the Adennison and stop and restart her heart to get it in sync. But, called that off. Stays in hospital over weekend. He comes in monday morning and is terribly rude and insensitive that she was in the hospital, told her nothing was wrong with her, to go home and get on with her life, and go to work. Didn't even look at the tests. Sent her home still in tachycardia and afib, and no meds or blockers to aid her while his mistake healed. End up in Nashville tuesday at St. Thomas West Heart ER, and luck of the draw their top EPT was on duty and she got fast tracked to him. When he finally got her recrods from Cookeville/TN Heart, he said the activity in her EKG from Saturday, had the other doctor bothered to look, clearly showed he nicked the pathway, causing a "traffic jam" of electrical communication from the top to hte bottom. And that's why she was having an adverse reaction to the procedure instead of the norm. Thankfully, he felt like Tuesday and Wednesday's EKG from St. Thomas showed improvement and he's optimistic she will not get a pacemaker. Put a monitor on her, gave her some beta blcokers to smooth out the heart while it healed, and will re-evaluate at her follow up. Now how hard was that to be a professional and give some real info and a plan for recovery.

What we really got out of it was looking at paying for one procedure, two ER visits, and 3 days total in two different hospitals with multiple tests tacked on. And a situation that has left me furious, and wondering if we even have any recourse. I know we don't for him nicking the pathway cause whatb you have to sign off on protects him from that. But, I feel he mis-managed her complications after the fact, and dismissed her under dangerous situations without any concern for evaluating her tests while he was gone. He was just offended that she went to the ER, his staff on call admitting her, and the implication he was wrong. He only contradicted everything his staff was concerned about.

Where do I begin !!

OK. Here is my venting. My wife had a heart ablation Friday. No big deal, right? Biggest thing about the procedure is having to lay flat for 6-8 hours afterwards.Because of the location of most ablations, it is an inherent risk that the main pathway can be nicked, causing a pacemaker to be needed. And the doctor's paperwork for the procedure protects him from that. It's basically oops, I'm sorry, you need a pacemaker now. Wife is only 50. And he did just that. He spent alot of time turning around in his seat asking Carl training questions and fussing at him for not answering in a timely manner. This is an extremely vain doctor, and his bedside manners are atrocious, and his concern for Carl's timely input far outweighed his attention to my wife during the procedure. So, Saturday morning in the wee hours, her heart rate is all over the place. In and out of tachycardia and afib. and fluctuating from 60's to 150's and up erratically. So, we end up in the ER. Some of his staff are on call, but he bolted out of town right after her procedure. In their phone consultations with him, he vehemetly argued with his staffers and insisted nothing was wrong with her. They did the EKG's and stuff. And at one point were prepared to do the Adennison and stop and restart her heart to get it in sync. But, called that off. Stays in hospital over weekend. He comes in monday morning and is terribly rude and insensitive that she was in the hospital, told her nothing was wrong with her, to go home and get on with her life, and go to work. Didn't even look at the tests. Sent her home still in tachycardia and afib, and no meds or blockers to aid her while his mistake healed. End up in Nashville tuesday at St. Thomas West Heart ER, and luck of the draw their top EPT was on duty and she got fast tracked to him. When he finally got her recrods from Cookeville/TN Heart, he said the activity in her EKG from Saturday, had the other doctor bothered to look, clearly showed he nicked the pathway, causing a "traffic jam" of electrical communication from the top to hte bottom. And that's why she was having an adverse reaction to the procedure instead of the norm. Thankfully, he felt like Tuesday and Wednesday's EKG from St. Thomas showed improvement and he's optimistic she will not get a pacemaker. Put a monitor on her, gave her some beta blcokers to smooth out the heart while it healed, and will re-evaluate at her follow up. Now how hard was that to be a professional and give some real info and a plan for recovery.

What we really got out of it was looking at paying for one procedure, two ER visits, and 3 days total in two different hospitals with multiple tests tacked on. And a situation that has left me furious, and wondering if we even have any recourse. I know we don't for him nicking the pathway cause whatb you have to sign off on protects him from that. But, I feel he mis-managed her complications after the fact, and dismissed her under dangerous situations without any concern for evaluating her tests while he was gone. He was just offended that she went to the ER, his staff on call admitting her, and the implication he was wrong. He only contradicted everything his staff was concerned about.
Hope and pray she feels better

Where do I begin !!

No amount of paperwork protects a Dr. from negligence. I'd find a shark and go after what I could. Make his life miserable.

VN Store

Back