They just obliterated the refs on Two Pros and a Cup of Joe this morning.

Everyone knows it but nothing will be done about it. I would be happy with a suspension or don't pay them for that game.
Suspensions don’t fix incompetence. If the ACC wants this trash on their field, that’s their business. But the SEC should demand they not ref an inter-conference game again.

The way he spotted the ball all night was questionable at best. It seems all of our spots were almost a yard behind where the runner ended up and he gave Purdue some very generous spots. No one can convince me this game was not somewhat rigged by the officials
Was watching it with my wife and saw the ref spot the ball on one of our drives. He sat the ball down then before leaving it he moved it a football length backwards. Subtle but costing UT little bits of yardage. My wife picked up on it right away, too.

I know what would provide a very quick fix. Congress hold hearings and forbid legal betting on games until the officiating is fixed, and the refs are P5 refs not just conference refs

Reactions: RiverVol
Sports officials are protected by blown calls with wording to CYA on things like last night. Legs churning, not down but saved by forward progress stopped before the whistle excuse. In those moments you let the play finish, down or cross the line.

Reactions: Wireless1
Anyone done any digging into that line official to see where he went to school at or if he is a Purdue fan?

Tennessee penalty yards was 160 something.
Purdue penalty yards was 59
Hmmmm guess a lot of money was on Purdue

Agree with everything people are saying. But if we had a halfway decent defense it wouldn’t have mattered. My god. We couldn’t cover a corpse in a morgue with a blanket.

Agree. I feel refs are doing the same to Georgia and Alabama (probably other sec teams as well) but these two are strong and fast enough to overcome it.

The way he spotted the ball all night was questionable at best. It seems all of our spots were almost a yard behind where the runner ended up and he gave Purdue some very generous spots. No one can convince me this game was not somewhat rigged by the officials
I noticed that also. It was 1 yard behind where the play stopped, thought I was the only one that noticed.

This officiating crew has baggage. They've been suspended in the past.
They should be suspended for a season. If we did that I bet some of these zebras would get their act together.
I'll always recall coaching youth ball. A game needed another official and I was ask by the head of officials if I could sub one game. I had been involved in sports for many years but never called a game.
I asked the guy, what if I make a mistake?
He's response, don't worry about it the others will have your back and uphold the call......wow.
I think that crap happens all the time at all levels.
At this point, I’m convinced that this whole thing is a running joke and the powers that be are all sitting around a table, laughing(like the Ray Liotta gif) deciding which $hitty officiating crew to send to F up the next Tennessee sporting event.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Just a suggestion. The field was bad, BAD. But less we Vol-fans forget, Neyland was worse for a while not too long ago. And our SEC and other foes let us know it in blunt terms. We might want to object to the field in somewhat less haughty terms, remembering we had the same issue once. Makes me wonder all the same how well-moneyed team owners can't afford better field maintenance.

Turf management in winter in the mid south is tricky even for seasoned professionals.

Both teams play on the same field.

Reactions: GlennTenn
Maybe if we say “we were robbed” enough times, things will change.
Doesnt matter, game is over and done, will be forgotten in a week. UT will have a tough time to exceed 7 wins next season, defense will take a step back and offense will be a little better

Agree with everything people are saying. But if we had a halfway decent defense it wouldn’t have mattered. My god. We couldn’t cover a corpse in a morgue with a blanket.

I have posed as a corpse in a morgue with a blanket. Several times, in fact. Too bad hidden cameras and YouTube were not a thing back then. Did this song:

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

VN Store

Back