They’re Banning FJB and Let’s Go Brandon

Did I say I was “ok” with it? No, I think it is horrid. But the realist in me sees that it is never going back to the way it was. The liberals want to unleash the monsters,fine. But they don’t get to decry the totally foreseeable consequences of their decisions.
You want a current example? Let’s discuss the Senate filibuster. Democrats are beside themselves with rage because Manchin and Sinema will not agree to abolish the filibuster so they can pass anything they wish with only 51 votes. Fine, let them do it. But I can 100% GUARANTEE that come 2023, when the Republicans retake the majority they will scream and wail just as loudly that they no longer have the filibuster to block the Republicans passing legislation with a simple majority.
The average Democrat is disastrously incapable of thinking ahead to the certainty that any weapon they introduce will eventually be used AGAINST THEMSELVES.
So sure, if I could turn back time, I would GLADLY do away with the vulgar chants from conservatives. But I REFUSE to have any sympathy for the amoral left that thought it was fine for Representative Talib to call Trump a MF, laughed at Kathy Griffith and her severed head joke, or danced in the streets as giant balloons of angry baby Trump floated by.
They showed the wind, they cannot complain when they reap the whirlwind

The republicans act in precisely the same manner.

Reactions: LouderVol
Yeah, but you see for biden it's "rest and reflection" so that makes it OK. Trump was simply wasting time and costing the taxpayers by playing golf and soaking up his boorish luxury. I really hope you aren't expecting dem transparency on this and most other matters; I know you are more intelligent than that.

Biden takes lots more time away from the White House than Trump did.

The republicans act in precisely the same manner.
No, not at all. Who eliminated the judicial filibuster? Harry Reid. When was the last time you saw a Republican pretending to hold the severed head of a political opponent? When was the last time. Republican member of Congress called a sitting President a MF? Republicans could have eliminated the filibuster numerous times when they were in the majority but never did so. Democrats are the only party to ever seriously threaten to pack the Supreme Court. Democrats are about power at any and all cost, precedents, standards, or the Constitution itself be damned.
Now Republicans aren’t Angels by any stretch, but they DO understand the simple maxim of „never deploy a weapon against your opponent that you Never wish to be deployed against YOU“

I've been around long enough to have seen flashes of inspiration. Reagan could at least act presidential. Nixon actually had some policy moments. Maybe because of my age, Eisenhower seemed to be an actual adult. But either I getting really jaded, or what I expect in leadership at the national level is trending toward zero. I still firmly believe for all his numerous faults, Trump did have some decent thoughts on policy - probably the first since Nixon.

Ross Perot on attitudinal steroids.

Reactions: AM64
This point is very poor. I personally don't care if they kneel, but my employers don't like me making political statements on company time. Chanting something in my free time however I think I'm allowed to do.

I made that point many times. Before a game they are actually at work. Live up to your banter on your own time instead of Ho Hoppin, and I'll actually respect that.

Reactions: Ttucke11 and AM64
No, not at all. Who eliminated the judicial filibuster? Harry Reid. When was the last time you saw a Republican pretending to hold the severed head of a political opponent? When was the last time. Republican member of Congress called a sitting President a MF? Republicans could have eliminated the filibuster numerous times when they were in the majority but never did so. Democrats are the only party to ever seriously threaten to pack the Supreme Court. Democrats are about power at any and all cost, precedents, standards, or the Constitution itself be damned.
Now Republicans aren’t Angels by any stretch, but they DO understand the simple maxim of „never deploy a weapon against your opponent that you Never wish to be deployed against YOU“
And that’s why Dems have as much control as they do. Reps compromise way more than Dems.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
There are some interesting polls on this site. Is anyone stupid enough to believe that this legislation won't result in both increases in taxes and increases in the national debt?

View attachment 406506
Who are the 17.7% of morons that would be much more likely to support it knowing it increases taxes? They should be deported immediately.

Reactions: AM64
Did I say I was “ok” with it? No, I think it is horrid. But the realist in me sees that it is never going back to the way it was. The liberals want to unleash the monsters,fine. But they don’t get to decry the totally foreseeable consequences of their decisions.
You want a current example? Let’s discuss the Senate filibuster. Democrats are beside themselves with rage because Manchin and Sinema will not agree to abolish the filibuster so they can pass anything they wish with only 51 votes. Fine, let them do it. But I can 100% GUARANTEE that come 2023, when the Republicans retake the majority they will scream and wail just as loudly that they no longer have the filibuster to block the Republicans passing legislation with a simple majority.
The average Democrat is disastrously incapable of thinking ahead to the certainty that any weapon they introduce will eventually be used AGAINST THEMSELVES.
So sure, if I could turn back time, I would GLADLY do away with the vulgar chants from conservatives. But I REFUSE to have any sympathy for the amoral left that thought it was fine for Representative Talib to call Trump a MF, laughed at Kathy Griffith and her severed head joke, or danced in the streets as giant balloons of angry baby Trump floated by.
They showed the wind, they cannot complain when they reap the whirlwind

You slayed it with this one.

I do think the democrats were attempting a multiprong approach this time to destroying the republic. They were hoping they would get their grab bag of goodies and hoping to make it exponentially more difficult for republicans to win inevitable control of at least one chamber by not only abolishing the filibuster but once it's done give citizenship to millions of low info illegals who see democrat redistribution, welfare and social programs in their future. Then I think once they had done this they were going to attempt to destroy the supreme court with leftist activists.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back