There's no reason we can't go 10-2 this year

Can’t quite remember the whole story with OP D4H but I remember being thoroughly entertained at how it all played out, not at his expense, just saying it was funny 😄

Not arguing, just asking, after seeing some from each team…baring probably losing as a double digit favorite, 8-4 means we lose 2 out of 3 to Pitt/UF/UK and to Bama/Georgia. Not that that convo is out of the question, but I just don’t see it. We’re in a really good spot to at worse to 9-3. This weekend will tell us a lot and the UF weekend will tell us everything. Go Vols!

Like I said, I could see 10-2, if and only if our lines…defensive and offensive…play better than last year. Our weaknesses in each group are a huge reason we only got 7 wins last year. This year I think 8 wins is our floor (I hope)…10 wins or more would be an incredible job by our team and our coaching staff! GBO!

Reactions: StarRaider
Alot of optimistic "best" in the country declarations being thrown around. Let's be the best team on the field this Saturday and get a revenge win against a "good" team.

Hopefully we'll continue to get better and have a chance to upset one of the two "best" teams that have by far the "best" players.

Last edited:
I disagree. They don't have as much NFL talent as you think. Despite the great recruiting classes their athletes looked rather ordinary week 1. They can beat us but they would not run us off the field.
I can see that with Clemson as it takes awhile for their offense to get going. Clemsons defense however is stout they have the best if not top 3 front 4 in college and the rest of their defense is no slouch. OSU has a good offense and ND has a good Defense.

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.

Just like Nationdoms posts, full of ridiculous aspirations. Richardson isn’t even close to the best player in the nation. Just stop. No excuses? Right. So it seems like you are one of those posters who are setting unrealistic expectations on Heupel. It’s the same thing you did in 2016 for Butch. Then when they lost to SC and Vandy you threw a ton of players and Butch under the bus. Calling them garbage.

Can we go 10-2? Yes. You seem to be under the impression that teams on our schedule cannot improve. Only we can. LSU and UF still have more talent than we do. And both will improve, as will we. Using the the phrase no excuses screams of you are setting Heupel up for failure. Because if he doesn’t win 10 this year, in your eyes, he isn’t the guy right? Why can’t you just be rational and reasonable for once?

Reactions: McDad
After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.
Hooker wins the Heisman and three Superbowls?

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman

D4H I have sorely missed thine presence.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
First, yes, TN is very good, especially on offense, and with some bounces and good fortune could go 10-2.

But the comment above is why some of you set yourselves up for tremendous letdown. FL has three excellent RB’s, at least two OL who will play on Sundays, Ventrell Miller at LB can be described with many adjectives, but “trash” isn’t one of them, a potential first round pick in Gervon Dexter, and three or four guys in the secondary who are going to play in the NFL.

If TN beats Florida it won’t be because they’re trash, it’ll be because TN is better this year.
How’s the db transfer from uga doing? Before he transferred, dawg friends were saying he was really good, just had an injury.

I watched the Utah game and I don’t get the Anthony Richardson hype. He has the physical tools, but if you contain him, his passing skills leave a lot to be desired. I get containing him is hard, but I disagree with the idea he is the best player in the country. I’m not sure I’d put him too 5. He’s just a big dude that can run and has can throw the ball better than the typical running back. Strong arm for sure, but poor decision making should have lead to several turnovers against Utah id their DBs could catch.

This was basically the write up we got for Tebow when he started at UF. Problem was no one could really contain him and force him to pass outside of Bama. Richardson’s biggest issue last year was ball security. It appears he has gotten that under control.
UF’s offense is focused on running the ball which will wear out our smaller defenders. UT won’t be able to stop AR from running the ball anymore than they were able to stop Corral.

Reactions: Jaws
How’s the db transfer from uga doing? Before he transferred, dawg friends were saying he was really good, just had an injury.

He played 29 snaps at CB, of a possible 73 total defensive snaps. Didn’t start but he’s a important depth piece. Didn’t stand out in a bad or good way, mostly because Utah’s offense ran the ball so much and focused on the TE so much.

He’ll play a lot this year.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
He can throw. Great passing mechanics and arm talent. He just doesn't have the players and coaching around him. I see him as a Daunte Culpepper type talent. That's who he most reminds me of. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will surprise people with how good of a passer he is.

How is he the best player in the nation? Oh let me guess, he reminds you of Dobbs?

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

The Volunteers can show they are an improved team this Saturday if they defeat the 17th ranked Panthers in Pittsburgh.

I’m a realistic Volunteers fan which is why I’m fearful of the realistic disappointment which would be the Volunteers lose to the Panthers because they get outplayed again by the Panthers in a coin flip game.

Yes he is. He just doesn't have the supporting cast Bryce Young has. Put him on Alabama and he'd look like a demigod. I have had Anthony Richardson as the #1 rated QB in the 2023 draft since his first couple of games last year. All he did this past weekend was confirm that he's still that dude.
Good grief. No he’s not. And we are not close to the 3rd ranked team in the nation. And nobody is paying any attention to your ratings. People have talked about you. Now I know why.

Reactions: firestorm

VN Store

Back