There are great players, and then there are STARS.......

In the nearly 50 years, that I've followed the Vols, there have been some truly great players and great teams. But, there are a select few, who have set themselves apart, and were Men Amongst Boys. I have named a few, below. Please comment, and add to the list.
1. Reggie White
2. Doug Atkins
3. Peyton Manning
4. Al Wilson
5. Leonard Little
6. Carl Pickens
7. Condredge Holloway
8. Jack Reynolds
9. Greg Amsler
10. Jason Witten
11. Kelly Washington
12. Charles McRae
13. Antone Davis
14. Trey Smith
15. Harry Galbreath
16. Jackie Walker
17. Jamal Lewis
18. Reggie Cobb
19. Stanley Morgan
20. Chuck Webb

ERIC BERRY!!!!

Greg Amsler over Eric Berry? I dont even think Amsler would say that...

I loved Amsler but we might have had 8 better players on the roster during his tenure..

In the nearly 50 years, that I've followed the Vols, there have been some truly great players and great teams. But, there are a select few, who have set themselves apart, and were Men Amongst Boys. I have named a few, below. Please comment, and add to the list.
1. Reggie White
2. Doug Atkins
3. Peyton Manning
4. Al Wilson
5. Leonard Little
6. Carl Pickens
7. Condredge Holloway
8. Jack Reynolds
9. Greg Amsler
10. Jason Witten
11. Kelly Washington
12. Charles McRae
13. Antone Davis
14. Trey Smith
15. Harry Galbreath
16. Jackie Walker
17. Jamal Lewis
18. Reggie Cobb
19. Stanley Morgan
20. Chuck Webb

Loved Reynolds and Walker but no Steve Kiner, really?
Steve Kiner (1999) - Hall of Fame - National Football Foundation

No real argument with your list. Will just point out that as far as pure, athletic ability and electricity is concerned, Cordarelle Patterson is right up there with anybody.

I know, his stay was short, but man did the guy have skills.

Reactions: i2amavol
Steve Kiner,Bobby Majors,Andy Spiva,Keith DeLong,Dewey Warren(swamp rat),Jaime Rotella,Stanley Morgan,Harry Galbreath,Bruce Wilkerson,and many more my 60's-70's mind cannot recall.The (I think) 70 -71defensive backfield of Conrad Graham,David Allen,Tim Priest,and Bobby Majors.Inn 70,36 int's,600+yards,3-4 td's.Next year,only 30int's,almost 800 yards returned ,and six td's.Third and long,opponents hoped for an inc. then punt.Wicked db's.

1. Reggie White
2. Doug Atkins
3. Peyton Manning
4. Al Wilson
5. Leonard Little
6. Carl Pickens
7. Condredge Holloway
8. Jack Reynolds
9. Greg Amsler
10. Jason Witten
11. Kelly Washington
12. Charles McRae
13. Antone Davis
14. Trey Smith
15. Harry Galbreath
16. Jackie Walker
17. Jamal Lewis
18. Reggie Cobb
19. Stanley Morgan
20. Chuck Webb

There's been a lot of good players at UT.
My list.

1) Peyton The Great MANning
2) Reggie White
3) Eric Berry
4) Al Wilson
5) Carl Pickens
6 ) Reggie Cobb
7) Josh Dobbs
8) John Henderson
9) Travis Stephens
10) Doug Atkins
11) Dale Carter
12) Peerless Price
13) Leonard Little
14) Jamal Lewis

1,135) Jarret Gaurantano
1,136) Sinclair Cannon

In the nearly 50 years, that I've followed the Vols, there have been some truly great players and great teams. But, there was ONE who set himself apart.

#1-20.PAUL BAIN

21. Reggie White
22. Doug Atkins
23. Peyton Manning
24. Al Wilson
25. Leonard Little
26. Carl Pickens
27. Condredge Holloway
28. Jack Reynolds
29. Greg Amsler
30. Jason Witten
31.Kelly Washington
32. Charles McRae
33.Antone Davis
34.Trey Smith
35. Harry Galbreath
36.Jackie Walker
37.Jamal Lewis
38. Reggie Cobb
39 Stanley Morgan
40.Chuck Webb
FYLFY

1. Reggie White
2. Doug Atkins
3. Peyton Manning
4. Al Wilson
5. Leonard Little
6. Carl Pickens
7. Condredge Holloway
8. Jack Reynolds
9. Greg Amsler
10. Jason Witten
11. Kelly Washington
12. Charles McRae
13. Antone Davis
14. Trey Smith
15. Harry Galbreath
16. Jackie Walker
17. Jamal Lewis
18. Reggie Cobb
19. Stanley Morgan
20. Chuck Webb

You forgot Bryce Brown, NuKese Richardson, and Chris Donald

Yep. I was going to say that he left off maybe the best of the 3 linebackers from the 1969 U.T. team in Steve Kiner. All 3 were drafted, with Reynolds 1st round, Kiner 3rd round and Walker 6th round. Spiva may still hold the record for tackles.
Of all the great Steve Kiner stories that I have heard throughout my life & from meeting him once and seeing him interviewed he always seemed like he might have been a little bit “off”. He had that twinkle in his eye that portrayed a guy that may have had some extra layers in his mind that not everybody possesses 😂.

Until I read his CFB hall of fame bio I never realized that Steve later became a psychologist. In light of all the stories about his colorful nature to find out that he later became a psychologist is some funny shiz.

There's been a lot of good players at UT.
My list.

1) Peyton The Great MANning
2) Reggie White
3) Eric Berry
4) Al Wilson
5) Carl Pickens
6 ) Reggie Cobb
7) Josh Dobbs
8) John Henderson
9) Travis Stephens
10) Doug Atkins
11) Dale Carter
12) Peerless Price
13) Leonard Little
14) Jamal Lewis

1,135) Jarret Gaurantano
1,136) Sinclair Cannon
and .......

21A80087-5291-4D65-8296-9F6BDAA63DB3.png. Greg Burke

/ List

Of all the great Steve Kiner stories that I have heard throughout my life & from meeting him once and seeing him interviewed he always seemed like he might have been a little bit “off”. He had that twinkle in his eye that portrayed a guy that may have had some extra layers in his mind that not everybody possesses 😂.

Until I read his CFB hall of fame bio I never realized that Steve later became a psychologist. In light of all the stories about his colorful nature to find out that he later became a psychologist is some funny shiz.
He stood Larry Czonka up, at the goal-line , and drove him backwards.........nuf said.

VN Store

Back