There’s a video of Pruitt’s Presser today on UTSports.com

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
It’s buried a half mile down the front page on the left........I would have posted it, but couldn’t figure out how to...any assistance and help on how would be appreciated..

Last edited:
Did my ears deceive me? I could have sworn that I heard Coach Pruitt say something funny. I love his candor and how he holds things close to the vest but it was good to see him seemingly relaxed.

Yes, I did notice that he was looser, funny, metaphorical and actually smiled. Either he’s confident about the team, or he got some last night...

Yes, I did notice that he was looser, funny, metaphorical and actually smiled. Either he’s confident about the team, or he got some last night...

Yes. And he's traded in "A'ight?" for "Okay?" So now he kind of sounds like Quentin Tarantino sometimes.

Reactions: tobybeast
Did my ears deceive me? I could have sworn that I heard Coach Pruitt say something funny. I love his candor and how he holds things close to the vest but it was good to see him seemingly relaxed.

I'm really starting to enjoy watching his press conferences. Seems like he is starting to loosen up, that is until the season starts and we have a loss.(Yeah I know I had to mention losing, I'm just a negavol.)

He's brutally honest and explains things just the way they are. Bottom line is this team lacks experience. I think this staff is going to develop players and men. We, as fans, need to learn patience because these players are going to miss some assignments but I can sense it coming together. Thanks for posting the video btw.

The more I hear and watch him talk football and players the more I understand why he has been such a successful recruiter and position coach. I hope he proves to be a great head coach too. He’s got me believing more (day by day) that he can be.

I’m remembering one of Pruitt’s comments when Fulmer announced him as head coach at UT. Pruitt said something to the effect of making other SEC teams fear playing Tennessee again.

Another thought...Fulmer often refers to CJP as “a real football coach.” I’m beginning to think that Pruitt may not be the metaphorical/proverbial “Bama guy” that is trying to succeed “somewhere” to find a way back “home.” (In today’s world, most people think everyone is driven by fame and fortune...That may be true of many or even most, but some people are more than that.) I’m beginning to believe that Pruitt wants to be a great football coach period...In other words, I’m beginning to think he simply loves the game of football more than anything else with the industry of the sport. Perhaps he’s more about succeeding as a football coach “his way” than as being [brand] football coach. I hope so!!

Jeremy's 32 year old wife Casey taking care of 44 year old football coach and putting a smile on his face

Reactions: tobybeast
I hope the fact that he seems more settled in and relaxed is a sign that we are better and getting better.
I have no doubt he feels like he at least has a handle on it. He had a lot going on last year, even if he had inherited just a decent team.

I was not real comforted hearing about the DL. CJP says they are still learning to line up and in grammar school, hopefully middle school, hopefully HS, and maybe college when the season starts. It's impossible to read these PCs clearly. And I know we've got several newbies there. But man, I hope these guys are able to play fast by the opener.

If you watched that and can't tell wither or not CJP can do what is needed to bring us back to greatness, you don't know chit about football. That man has football knowledge oozing out of his pores. He just needs time to right this ship.

I was not real comforted hearing about the DL. CJP says they are still learning to line up and in grammar school, hopefully middle school, hopefully HS, and maybe college when the season starts. It's impossible to read these PCs clearly. And I know we've got several newbies there. But man, I hope these guys are able to play fast by the opener.
siap, but when is the last time you heard a coach come out after scrimmage 1 and say "we're good, any questions?"

i'd say we're probably right where we need to be at this point. he basically said it...this is fall camp, it's like this everywhere, not just Tennessee....and he's not wrong.

he did say we have a starting qb, that's something.

If you watched that and can't tell wither or not CJP can do what is needed to bring us back to greatness, you don't know chit about football. That man has football knowledge oozing out of his pores. He just needs time to right this ship.
That's what I was thinking while listening to him. It must be why he is a great recruiter. Well, that and an obvious genuine concern for his player's development and health.

Actually he said hopefully they reach college level by the end of the season. Not comforting.

We have a starting QB, competition at corner, and the rest of the team sucks. Lets get it!

VN Store

Back