The WTF story of the Day

I think this is a conspiracy to upend CFA. I've never seen a TV ad for a Popeye's chicken sandwich. The sign is in the store window. But, if you try to order one they are ALWAYS sold out NATIONALLY. What you're actually told here locally. So... how do you sell out nationally? "Hey this is Popeyes # 246 in Tempe, send me all your available Sandwiches." "Sure no prob." "Hey can I get one of those new sammiches you got that everyone on social media says is better than CFA?" "Sorry just sent our last to Tempe. We're sold out nationally."

Update: Read the article after writing my post. I stand by my assertion.

However...Dude, get a life. Bet you weigh 440. Who gets that obsessed over an overpriced, undersized piece of Popeyes chicken. Popeyes is a rip off. Only think I'll buy there is the dirty rice and red beans and rice. I'd rather have Bojangles fried chicken, or KFC. CFA for the sammy (the one at our bowling center is a close 2nd).

I think this is a conspiracy to upend CFA. I've never seen a TV ad for a Popeye's chicken sandwich. The sign is in the store window. But, if you try to order one they are ALWAYS sold out NATIONALLY. What you're actually told here locally. So... how do you sell out nationally? "Hey this is Popeyes # 246 in Tempe, send me all your available Sandwiches." "Sure no prob." "Hey can I get one of those new sammiches you got that everyone on social media says is better than CFA?" "Sorry just sent our last to Tempe. We're sold out nationally."

Update: Read the article after writing my post. I stand by my assertion.

However...Dude, get a life. Bet you weigh 440. Who gets that obsessed over an overpriced, undersized piece of Popeyes chicken. Popeyes is a rip off. Only think I'll buy there is the dirty rice and red beans and rice. I'd rather have Bojangles fried chicken, or KFC. CFA for the sammy (the one at our bowling center is a close 2nd).

On Aug. 6, 2019, writer, Irene Jiang did a puff piece for Business Insider on the best fast food chicken sandwich. Her conclusion? Popeye's chicken sandwich. Was she responsible for the mad run on Popeye's chicken sandwiches? No. That has been attributed to socmed. Viral mania.

On Aug. 6, 2019, writer, Irene Jiang did a puff piece for Business Insider on the best fast food chicken sandwich. Her conclusion? Popeye's chicken sandwich. Was she responsible for the mad run on Popeye's chicken sandwiches? No. That has been attributed to socmed. Viral mania.

Well I'll be. It is a real menu item. I used to like Popeyes a lot when I worked in Augusta, GA. That was my first try at it. But, 9 years later now, they opened one up here in Cookeville. Went back, and just thought they went rip off on the menu. I got the chicken and fish combo. A leg off a two week old chick, and two small filets about 3" long if I was lucky. One side and biscuit. $8.00. Went back to Bojangles. I give Popeye's props on the dirty rice, and the red beans and rice. My wife is from Louisiana, and those two items are as close to correct as you can get without a home cooked proper recipe. Bojangles does miss on the dirty rice. granted their both fast food renditions, but Popeye's is very good on those two sides in a pinch.

Reactions: Tin Man
Well I'll be. It is a real menu item. I used to like Popeyes a lot when I worked in Augusta, GA. That was my first try at it. But, 9 years later now, they opened one up here in Cookeville. Went back, and just thought they went rip off on the menu. I got the chicken and fish combo. A leg off a two week old chick, and two small filets about 3" long if I was lucky. One side and biscuit. $8.00. Went back to Bojangles. I give Popeye's props on the dirty rice, and the red beans and rice. My wife is from Louisiana, and those two items are as close to correct as you can get without a home cooked proper recipe. Bojangles does miss on the dirty rice. granted their both fast food renditions, but Popeye's is very good on those two sides in a pinch.

I got food poisoning at a LA Popeye's a few years ago.... don't care how good anyone claims the food to be, my body won't let me cross the threshold

I got food poisoning at a LA Popeye's a few years ago.... don't care how good anyone claims the food to be, my body won't let me cross the threshold

When I first moved to California in the 90s, I wouldn't go to Jack In The Box because a few years prior they had had a big contaminated beef outbreak that made hundreds of people sick and killed a few people. Eventually I was on a vacation to Sequoia and my in-laws' kids wanted to stop at JITB so I thought wth, I'll give it a try. My brother-in-law and I each got burgers while everyone else got salads, chicken, etc. Yep, he and I got food poisoning, ruined the first poart of the trip. I went back to avoiding JITB.

A few years later, I thought hey, probably just a bad coincidence, lots of people eat there every day, so I stopped off and got a burger. Food poisoning again, sick as a dog. Two for two, have not been back since.

You can't make this crap up gang!

Picture this.
Two Amish men drinking spiked iced tea in a horse and buggy, a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra sitting atop their horse and buggy and a giant stereo system inside.

It's not something you'd expect to see every day. But authorities with the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department in Ohio say that's exactly what they saw during a routine patrol in the county's Amish community.

Deputy Joe Dragovich was on patrol that early morning on September 15. When he attempted to stop and question the two men about drinking and driving, they leapt out of the buggy and made their great escape -- disappearing into the woods on the side of the road, according to the report obtained by CNN affiliate WJW.
A call by CNN to obtain a copy of the police report was not immediately returned.

Meanwhile, the horse pulling the buggy also took off running, but Dragovich managed to catch up to it. The men, though, were gone.
Yeah, definitely not a routine stop.

Dragovich said he turned the horse over to a local farmer until the two men come forward. He told WJW that the two men could be charged with failure to comply with the deputy's commands.He also said drinking and driving laws still apply to the buggy, even if its not licensed.

"Maybe there's just that fear of the consequences and that would be a reality check for them, that there are consequences," he said.
Still, he's encouraging the two men to come forward and retrieve their horse and buggy.

Chasing naked triple murder suspect in Virginia. 5 star WTF.........who has unlocked the insane asylum???

I hate to armchair QB here but as a former officer, I can't imagine a scenario where I would run away from a man who has no weapons and then let him come up to an older man, choke him, and still not lay an hand on the man. Personally, I would never want to have to rely on this officer to back me up.

Observations:
1. Florida Man and Florida Women know no boundaries.
2. Beware of Florida Woman if you get the itch. Yours are not as tough as a Camel.
3. Why does a truck stop have a petting zoo? It's Louisianna, but the question is still valid.
4. You would think one would ask why a woman wanted to bite a Camel in the nads. But, it's Florida Woman. So, there's no need to ask.

Observations:
1. Florida Man and Florida Women know no boundaries.
2. Beware of Florida Woman if you get the itch. Yours are not as tough as a Camel.
3. Why does a truck stop have a petting zoo? It's Louisianna, but the question is still valid.
4. You would think one would ask why a woman wanted to bite a Camel in the nads. But, it's Florida Woman. So, there's no need to ask.
Am not defending them, but this truck stop has kept exotic animals for years. A tiger for years, and I think there was a chimp for a good while. This Fla couple was throwing their dog's treats into the camel pen ... WTF?

VN Store

Back