The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Yep. That’s a hot mess over there. They better get a handle on their locker room or they’re done.
I still don't think so.

It could still be a work. The fact that they are in the run up to a new deal makes me think this is all a ploy. You "fire" punk then have him "buy a ticket" and be in the crowd disrupting things for weeks. Sort of like Flair/Hogan in 95.

Their ratings are great, #1 In their timeslot on cable almost all the time and never below #2. The PPVs sell out and generate tons of buys. TNT's parent company wants to tie lots of stuff into them (Shark Week, Rick and Morty, Battlebots, House of the Dragon). They don't appear to be in danger of going anywhere, even if this is a shoot.

Reactions: headhunter15
Did they even mention CM Punk's name? I only caught the last half of it. Will have to watch the first half when it's available on demand.

But yeah, AEW's a sh*t show right now.

Did they even mention CM Punk's name? I only caught the last half of it. Will have to watch the first half when it's available on demand.

It’s being quoted that he threatened to sue because TYB are part of the executive team. What a mess.

No, no one from the Elite that was involved either. They had all been scrubbed from the opening video too.

I'm seeing stuff that said Punk was injured in his match with Mox. So I guess he just decided F it and went full turbo.

I thought Dynamite was good lol. They can’t mention anything because of legal reason apparently

Dynamite was decent. Really enjoyed the women's tag team match. That wad good stuff. Toni Storm is really good. Her work with Serena Deeb was awesome.

The Stokely Hathaway segment kind of fell flat. The crowd certainly was not into it. I wasn't either.

Loved the tag team championship match too. Cannot wait for the Acclaimed to win the titles next week.

Curious to see what they do with Sammy now. They seem to be trying to insert him into the main event tier, but I don't know if it is working.

Danielson and Moxley should be great!

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Grand Slam was good, not great.

Jericho is my all time favorite but not a fan of him getting the W unless they plan on Claudio regaining cleanly at Full Gear.

Women’s division booking isn’t good. Please split DMD and Hayter.

Everyone loves the Acclaimed.

Grand Slam was good, not great.

Jericho is my all time favorite but not a fan of him getting the W unless they plan on Claudio regaining cleanly at Full Gear.

Women’s division booking isn’t good. Please split DMD and Hayter.

Everyone loves the Acclaimed.
Probably a short reign for Jericho. I'm not sold on Claudio though. He's great in ring but his gimmick is kind of lame. I cringe every time they say his finishers name. Might as well call it the cough drop bomb.

Hopefully the new addition from last night will help the women's division. Right there with you on Hayter and Britt. I was worried Britt broke her nose again though.

The Acclaimed had the match of the night. Now what to do with Lee and Swerve?

Last edited:
Probably a short reign for Jericho. I'm not sold on Claudio though. He's great in ring but his gimmick is kind of lame. I cringe every time they say his finishers name. Might as well call it the cough drop bomb.

Hopefully the new addition from last night will help the women's division. Right there with you on Hayter and Britt. I was worried Britt broke her nose again though.

The Acclaimed had the match of the night. Now what to do with Lee and Swerve?
I thought Grand Slam was awesome. That crowd was lit! Especially for the Acclaimed. I was marking out when they won lol., what a great moment.

I about pooped my pants when Paige came out. Had no clue. That was another great moment.

Was in disbelief when Jericho won. I kept saying, no way... no way... no way... But, it should be interesting to see where it goes, since he won by cheating.

Danielson and Moxley was okay. I had higher expectations for it. It just doesn't seem like they have great chemistry in the ring.

The PAC heel turn (although, he's always been one of those gray area guys - not a heel, but not a babyface) was unexpected.

Can't wait for Rampage!

Grand Slam was solid. Seeing Saraya made me happy, especially the massive ass pop she got. I’m okay with Claudio losing because quite frankly it’s killing two birds with one stone. It furthers the Garcia and Jericho story and Claudio is just quite frankly above the ROH title. He needs to be AEW World Champion sooner rather than later.

Moxley has been killing it this year but damn give the belt to Bryan already ffs. Even if it would be a transitional reign.

VN Store

Back