The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Agree. I think it's a shoot that turned into a work. They killed 90% of his heat with the Wardlow squash. They have to get some of that back, so now it is directed towards the fans and the boss. Right out of the Attitude Era playbook.
Now the Squash plays into him getting disrespected. So that was handled well IMO. I'm not worried he'll actually leave until they take the Diamond off of him.

My guess is his no showing the meet and greet before DoN was likely real, but, to your point, it's being worked now. It's telling IMO that he was only talking about money when all reports said AEW was willing to give him that, and the extension was the issue.

It was a good sell job for nobody to mention the promo again for the rest of the show after they "cut his mic" and went to commercial. The whole thing reminds me of Dustin Rhodes and the Seven "shoot".

I'm not a fan of a lot of the things in AEW, but MJF is top 3 talent in professional wrestling. Part of me hopes he does not go to WWE because they will not allow him to work the way he does. Which, oddly enough, is the way everyone should try to work in my eyes. They would saddle him down with a stupid gimmick and make him say rehearsed lines.

I'm sure they'll have a tournament for the title, they love tournaments. I think Wardlow should win it.
They said a battle royale to open Dynamite with the winner taking on Moxley for an interim title shot during the main event same night.

Then the winner takes on the NJPW guy (like MJF, I’m not a mark that pretends to watch New Japan) at Forbidden Door

I’m guessing Wardlow eventually takes the TNT belt and then we have War v Miro.

Last edited:
I agree. I just find the ranking system silly.

Almost positive it will be Mox but would love a surprise.
I'm thinking Danielson. Mox is kind of a known quantity in New Japan and has faced lots of their talent in recent years. So it might make sense to put the belt on someone who will make for a better forbidden door main event. I wish they'd put the title on Keith Lee personally.

I'm thinking Danielson. Mox is kind of a known quantity in New Japan and has faced lots of their talent in recent years. So it might make sense to put the belt on someone who will make for a better forbidden door main event. I wish they'd put the title on Keith Lee personally.
I'm hoping it's not Danielson, I'd love to see Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jr at Forbidden Door.

I'm hoping it's not Danielson, I'd love to see Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jr at Forbidden Door.
That would be a great match. Danielson seems like the obvious choice for interim to me though. He's the biggest name not to recently spend time in New Japan.

The only other thing that makes sense to me would be to let one of the New Japan guys "steal" it, sort of like AEW did with Impact. Jay White maybe?

Danielson is injured and will be out for a few weeks. My money is on either Kingston or Wardlow to win the Battle Royale. Would be interesting to see Kingston vs. Mox with all that is going on between Danielson (Mox's teammate) and Kingston (Mox's friend).

I'm kind of confused with the push Kyle O'Reilly has been getting lately. He's slow, not very good in transitions, awkward on the mic but funny in some spots. He throws decent strikes, and has decent grappling skills. I just don't get it. Mox's "poor little me" act is getting stale to me too.

VN Store

Back