The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I remember seeing him wrestle at a WCW event in 1990 as Mean Mark Callous:cool: The biggest mistakes WCW ever made was letting him and Steve Austin go to the WWF-WWE:rolleyes:
That was before my time. Taker is actually the reason I got into wrestling though. Him and Shawn 1 at mania was the first match I ever saw.

I couldn't be farther away from you on that Kross take

Yeah, Seems like a lot of people like him quite a bit. I never kept up with him outside WWE really so I'm willing to see where he goes. But that entrance made me cringe. It was like what a 13 year old thinks of as "edgy". His match was too short for me to get a look at his in ring abilities. Plus there was one point where he screamed and it sounded like the Lesnar girly scream. Right now I just gotta see more.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I like the Undertaker a lot but he should have retired after his WrestleMania winning streak ended in 2014.

One of the best ever. Glad he's finally decided to call it a day, it was starting to get rough there at the end. So many good Taker memories and matches. Legit top 10 of all time easily.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Watching wrestling has gone by the wayside for me. All the good actors are long gone. However, I did take my son to WM27 at the GA Dome. from an entertainment standpoint it was impressive.
I still watch pro wrestling and it's good that there are people who post WWE and AEW PPV matches on YouTube because I would never pay for the WWE Network or pay to watch WWE and AEW PPVs

Watching wrestling has gone by the wayside for me. All the good actors are long gone. However, I did take my son to WM27 at the GA Dome. from an entertainment standpoint it was impressive.
My intrest in it ebbs and flows. Ill watch it, take a break watch take a break. If I read something interesting on a recap I'll look it up. For me I know its scripted but it just keeps getting worse and more goofy and my intrest keeps getting drained with it

I actually found it mazing that the dome sold out for that event. IIRC, it was a single man's hen house.
Before COVID 19 the WWE was having big problems with low attendance for RAW and Smackdown. I haven't went to see a live wrestling event since I went to see WCW 1994 Starcade in Nashville. Hulk Hogan,Van Vader and Sting had matches on that card.

SC94.jpg

My intrest in it ebbs and flows. Ill watch it, take a break watch take a break. If I read something interesting on a recap I'll look it up. For me I know its scripted but it just keeps getting worse and more goofy and my intrest keeps getting drained with it

I got into it very young when we could only get GA Championship Wrestling on TV with Gordon Soley. I wasn't racist (lol), so Tony Atlas (aka The Black Atlas) was my early hero in wrestling. Didn't take too long to figure out it was fake, as you could sometimes see one of the wrestlers trying to hide their laughing when they were wrestling one of the weaklings. As corny as it was looking back, those story lines were better than what it has become. The 90's and early 2000's I guess were the hey day for WWE with Stone Cold, and The Rock and that entire cast. Pretty good story lines then and good writers. The 2011 WM at the Dome was good, but obviously past it's prime. Ah, GA Championship Wrestling...live audience studio wrestling on Saturday mornings. 300 people maybe? Kinda like Friday nights at the high school gym wrestling, or at the tri-county fair. Was it WCW that hailed out of Texas with the Von Erich's for a while? That was a good run for story lines. Mr. Wrestling Number 1 and 2 came out of GCW.

I got into it very young when we could only get GA Championship Wrestling on TV with Gordon Soley. I wasn't racist (lol), so Tony Atlas (aka The Black Atlas) was my early hero in wrestling. Didn't take too long to figure out it was fake, as you could sometimes see one of the wrestlers trying to hide their laughing when they were wrestling one of the weaklings. As corny as it was looking back, those story lines were better than what it has become. The 90's and early 2000's I guess were the hey day for WWE with Stone Cold, and The Rock and that entire cast. Pretty good story lines then and good writers. The 2011 WM at the Dome was good, but obviously past it's prime. Ah, GA Championship Wrestling...live audience studio wrestling on Saturday mornings. 300 people maybe? Kinda like Friday nights at the high school gym wrestling, or at the tri-county fair. Was it WCW that hailed out of Texas with the Von Erich's for a while? That was a good run for story lines. Mr. Wrestling Number 1 and 2 came out of GCW.
I remember seeing Buddy Colt,Bobby Shane,Dick Steinborn,Nick Bockwinkle and Joe Scarpa(Chief Jay Strongbow) on Live Championship Wrestling from Atlanta on WXIA Channel 11 in Atlanta prior to 1972. The announcer for Live Atlanta Wrestling was Ed Capral.

If you liked Georgia Championship Wrestling with the live crowd and all you should look into NWA Power once they start back up. It's a studio wrestling show like that filmed in Atlanta. It was on YouTube every Tuesday night.

VN Store

Back