The WRASSLIN’ Thread

That would work. I might take Tony over Excalibur on commentary though. Sometimes I think he's only on there because he's the only one that knows the modern move names.
Excalibur is a direct connection to PWG, where I'm pretty sure he's like an Owner or something. A lot of the talent in AEW is from PWG at some point. TBH, most of NXT seems to be, as well.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Excalibur is a direct connection to PWG, where I'm pretty sure he's like an Owner or something. A lot of the talent in AEW is from PWG at some point. TBH, most of NXT seems to be, as well.
I guess somebody had to be the new farm league. ROH still hasn't quite recovered from the last time NXT raided it. I keep waiting on either AEW or WWE to start poaching Impact (especially the women's division). They're actually doing pretty well ATM for an indie.

Reactions: The Sheriff

EVOLVE also has a partnership with WWE but some of the names escaped to AEW, Impact etc. Lots of familiar names on the list of EVOLVE alumni.

EVOLVE Wrestling alumni

So got bored with the whole being stuck in the house thing and made a Mostly Fantasy Wrestlemania Card. I used these few restrictions on myself, every wrestler booked has had to of had a Wrestlemania match at some point in their career....so basically no NXT guys but wrestlers from all eras of WWE/WWF. I also limited myself to 10 matches. And I didn't want to go too crazy on multiman matches so some really big names got left off the card. This is what I came up with.

Match 1: Kurt Angle vs Daniel Bryan (Imo the two best technical wrestlers of all time in WWF/WWE. Very debatable of course.)

Match 2: The Steiner Bros. vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Usos Triple Threat TLC match for Tag Team Championships. (All Real life brother tag teams from different eras. Thought it was a neat concept)

Match 3: AJ Styles vs. Eddie Guerrero for the United States Championship. ( Had to include AJ, wanted to do HBK at first but....I thought The Rock vs HBK was a must....so the second name that popped into my head was Eddie.)

Match 4: The NWO (Hulk, Nash and Hall) vs The Shield (Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns) ((I debated between the Shield and DX (((HHH, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg))) but at the end of the day I decided the Shield matched up better due to all 3 guys being legit main eventers. Sorry new Age Outlaws.))

Match: 5 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk (Two biggest anti-heroes in the history of the WWF/WWE imo)

Match 6: Lita vs. Aj Lee vs Sasha Banks Triple Threat for Womens Championship (Kinda random but I know AJ and Sasha looked up to Lita as a role model.)

Match 7: Chris Jericho vs. Bret Hart for the IC Championship (Maybe Canada's two biggest superstars ever? Plus I think of both instantly when I think "Greatest IC Champions ever")

Match 8: Shawn MIchaels vs. The Rock (Its hard to believe this match never happened)

Match 9: The Undertaker vs. Sting. Hell In A Cell Match (No Explanation needed I assume)

Match 10: John Cena vs Ric Flair for the WWE Championship (Both men are tied at 16 World Championships, it only seemed fitting)

Of course think of it as if everyone was in their prime.

Loads of huge names left of the card I know, but thought it'd be fun to limit myself so I really had to get picky. What do you guys think? Would be fun to see your cards as well following similar restrictions.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
So got bored with the whole being stuck in the house thing and made a Mostly Fantasy Wrestlemania Card. I used these few restrictions on myself, every wrestler booked has had to of had a Wrestlemania match at some point in their career....so basically no NXT guys but wrestlers from all eras of WWE/WWF. I also limited myself to 10 matches. And I didn't want to go too crazy on multiman matches so some really big names got left off the card. This is what I came up with.

Match 1: Kurt Angle vs Daniel Bryan (Imo the two best technical wrestlers of all time in WWF/WWE. Very debatable of course.)

Match 2: The Steiner Bros. vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Usos Triple Threat TLC match for Tag Team Championships. (All Real life brother tag teams from different eras. Thought it was a neat concept)

Match 3: AJ Styles vs. Eddie Guerrero for the United States Championship. ( Had to include AJ, wanted to do HBK at first but....I thought The Rock vs HBK was a must....so the second name that popped into my head was Eddie.)

Match 4: The NWO (Hulk, Nash and Hall) vs The Shield (Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns) ((I debated between the Shield and DX (((HHH, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg))) but at the end of the day I decided the Shield matched up better due to all 3 guys being legit main eventers. Sorry new Age Outlaws.))

Match: 5 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk (Two biggest anti-heroes in the history of the WWF/WWE imo)

Match 6: Lita vs. Aj Lee vs Sasha Banks Triple Threat for Womens Championship (Kinda random but I know AJ and Sasha looked up to Lita as a role model.)

Match 7: Chris Jericho vs. Bret Hart for the IC Championship (Maybe Canada's two biggest superstars ever? Plus I think of both instantly when I think "Greatest IC Champions ever")

Match 8: Shawn MIchaels vs. The Rock (Its hard to believe this match never happened)

Match 9: The Undertaker vs. Sting. Hell In A Cell Match (No Explanation needed I assume)

Match 10: John Cena vs Ric Flair for the WWE Championship (Both men are tied at 16 World Championships, it only seemed fitting)

Of course think of it as if everyone was in their prime.

Loads of huge names left of the card I know, but thought it'd be fun to limit myself so I really had to get picky. What do you guys think? Would be fun to see your cards as well following similar restrictions.
Just off the top of my head, I'd change from Angle to Benoit. I'll work on this later for my own card

Reactions: UTK
Here's a little trivia for y'all. Since the 2000 Wrestlemania, Rank these wrestlers by the amount of times they main evented Wrestlemania (strictly last match of the night), from most to least
Undertaker
John Cena
Triple H
Roman Reigns
Randy Orton

Here's a little trivia for y'all. Since the 2000 Wrestlemania, Rank these wrestlers by the amount of times they main evented Wrestlemania (strictly last match of the night), from most to least
Undertaker
John Cena
Triple H
Roman Reigns
Randy Orton
Triple H, Cena, Reigns, Taker, Orton. I feel pretty confident in triple h and Cena. Not sure about the order of the final 3.

Just off the top of my head, I'd change from Angle to Benoit. I'll work on this later for my own card

I was honestly torn between Benoit and Angle. Benoit was actually the first name to pop into my head when I thought about Bryan but then...I ended up going with Angle for two reasons.

1. Just personal preference lol
2. Angle is a better preformer by far in terms of promos and that side of the biz. So I took that to account, the possible build ups for matches as well.

How the hell am I supposed to accept that Garza and Andrade have a tag title match?! They have literally 1 match together, a tag match earlier this month, which they lost to Humberto and Rey. And now they suddenly get a match at Mania? I'm so lost

Seth's promo was one of the best promos I've heard in a long time. Up there with Cody a few months ago and Jericho on the first Dynamite

Reactions: TBrown
How the hell am I supposed to accept that Garza and Andrade have a tag title match?! They have literally 1 match together, a tag match earlier this month, which they lost to Humberto and Rey. And now they suddenly get a match at Mania? I'm so lost
Makes more sense than the Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley match at Mania.

Reactions: TBrown
Makes more sense than the Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley match at Mania.
Yes! I had to rewind to hear it again to make sure they said that match wasn't just next week, but was in fact at Mania.

If they're struggling so much for matches now that they have 2 nights, why not just give us the Fatal 4 Way between the Mexicans for the US belt? That frees up the tag match to put the AOP over the Street Profits.

Yes! I had to rewind to hear it again to make sure they said that match wasn't just next week, but was in fact at Mania.

If they're struggling so much for matches now that they have 2 nights, why not just give us the Fatal 4 Way between the Mexicans for the US belt? That frees up the tag match to put the AOP over the Street Profits.
Or just add the 5 NXT matches to the card

Just was reminded that one of the AOP guys is hurt, so that makes sense that they couldn't go that way. But still. Some odd builds out of nowhere.

I've started to think that Aleister was gonna win the Andre Battle Royal, so they need to give him a win on the show that will be just as prestigious (LOL).

VN Store

Back