The Worley or Peterman Era

Although there is only one Peyton Manning, there is also only one Tee Martin. (He was the one that won us a National Championship.) :)

Amen! Peyton Manning was a good QB, but he always choked against Florida. During his era, we could have won a NC. Go Tee!

Supporting is one thing, mannig comparisons are another

Nobody will ever compare to Manning. He is the best football player who ever played the game (especially at the pro level where best football is played). No team in the history has been so dependant on one player as the Colts have been on Peyton (see this year), and no player has ever brought a small market franchise such consistent level of success over such a long period of time. By the way, he is also the only QB/offensive coordinater merged in one person in the NFL history (so loosing their offensive coordinator in addition to QB is an even better way to explain why Colts sucked so much this year).

Reactions: 2 people
Why people credit Tee With winning us the NC is beyond me. It was defense first, then travis henry, travis stephens and jamal lewis that won us that NC.

Tee was a good enough passer to keep the opposing defenses from putting 9 in the box. But he didn't even get more than 2500 yds passing

Tee wasn't the best passer in ut history but I believe he still holds the record for most consecutive pass completions.

Bray is the leader and future of this team. as long as everyone stays healthy i see a pretty good season ahead of us . GBO!

He is just sophomore as well, he is just going to get better. I am expecting without injury this year, he will go for 35 TD and maybe 10 ints. He would have did that this year if not for the injury.

I like both qbs really, if I had to peterman may get more years to play though. I seriously doubt they will redshirt worley this year bc he will have to be our number 2. If worley could have kept his redshirt this year id go him but ill say peterman just bc he will have a few more starts

What is bray's td to int ratio against sec opponents

99 - most of VN can't come to grips with the fact that to date Bray has wilted in big games and has a lot of growing up to do as a QB. You're wasting your time trying to convince this crowd. Some are even throwing the Heisman word around....see how potent the Kool-Aid is?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Mitzustu

That point is meaningless.

Florida does not, as of yet, have a proven qb.

If you are being honest, bray has racked up numbers on cupcakes and hasnt faced the best teams on the schedule.

What are bray's top 10since moments?

Come on now, ALL I heard for 2 years was how awesome Brantley was and he would be a much better passer than Tebow and get your offense rolling. From players, fans, and Meyer himself I think the love for Brantley before he had ever played a game was on par with what Bray gets AFTER playing actual games and putting up numbers on cupcakes that Brantley could not. I remember when you guys came to Knoxville the first year Brantley played. I told my buddy, big FL fan, after the game "Brantley is not that good. He missed wide open receivers all day." Turned out to be spot on. At a minimum Bray puts up numbers on cupcakes that nobody else has. He also threw for almost 300 on your D this past year without his number one target. Other than the GA game, which he was playing easily his worst game of his career, he played well against better competition. We'll see how good he is this year if he stays healthy.

Reactions: 1 person
Bray's resume will be determined the next two years, who bases off there judgement of a QB off there 1st two??? Most QBs are redshirted or make zero impact against any opponent. So :loco:

99 - most of VN can't come to grips with the fact that to date Bray has wilted in big games and has a lot of growing up to do as a QB. You're wasting your time trying to convince this crowd. Some are even throwing the Heisman word around....see how potent the Kool-Aid is?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ah what the heck...let me throw my expertise into this mix....AN EFFECTIVE RUN GAME CHANGES EVERY QB WE HAVE ON ROSTER....now we can stop this "back and forth and back and forth"....when and if we can run the ball effectively on first down....THEN we will see totally different QB's...including T.Bray...until then...we are doing just okay otherwise...and yes we will see and even better receiving corp....JMO...accurate as it may be...

Bray tore apart Cincy's D when he had all his weapons. Say what you will but Cincy was a good team and you can't put down 82% completion on 40+ throws. If healthy, our passing attack will be right up there with Arky's next year.

Well Lets hope Bray is better than Peyton. Bray will actually beat UF.:)

Let Bray beat the Gamecocks first. Peyton was 3-0 against Bama, UGA, USCe, Vandy and Kentucky while losing one home game and that was by less than a touchdown against the Gators.

Keep in mind, i am not saying bray cant get it done.

All i am saying is, so far he hasnt done anything all that noteworthy to be talking anbout how great he is

Reactions: 1 person
99gator, I agree somewhat with what your saying, but you kinda project that he has did pretty well up until now. Now its time to go next level and win big games the next two years!

VN Store

Back