The Wait...

If they don't get an NCAA Tournament invitation do you think they will accept a WNIT invitation?
I think they will, but don't think they'll win. I think the players will be too dejected to muster the motivation to perform at a high level. Arkansas might be happy for the bid, but I think Tennessee is still deluded enough to think they are an elite team

I was embarrassed reading about how "tough" they played against MSST and "only" lost by 15 (because Rennia hit an uncontested three at the buzzer). Seriously? You're going to take pride in the fact that you lost by "only" 15 points against a team of players that probably didn't get a second look (if they got a first) from the Tennessee recruiting staff? Frankly, I think Holly has instilled a loser's mentality in the team if they're talking like this. You'd never hear the MSST, ND, UConn, Baylor, SC, etc...players ever say sh!t like this.

I think they will, but don't think they'll win. I think the players will be too dejected to muster the motivation to perform at a high level. Arkansas might be happy for the bid, but I think Tennessee is still deluded enough to think they are an elite team

I was embarrassed reading about how "tough" they played against MSST and "only" lost by 15 (because Rennia hit an uncontested three at the buzzer). Seriously? You're going to take pride in the fact that you lost by "only" 15 points against a team of players that probably didn't get a second look (if they got a first) from the Tennessee recruiting staff? Frankly, I think Holly has instilled a loser's mentality in the team if they're talking like this. You'd never hear the MSST, ND, UConn, Baylor, SC, etc...players ever say sh!t like this.
Holly Warlick is completely delusional and tone deaf about the state of the Tennessee women's basketball program and her situation as Tennessee women's basketball head coach. Hopefully Coach Fulmer will get up the nerve to fire her. If she's fired Phil Fulmer will probably say that Holly decided to retire so she will look better.

Reactions: lvocd
Those are my words you put in bold and labeled as "Facts". So why not also bold the "Facts" in the middle that you carefully skipped which give the "Facts" you chose much needed context? That bothers me.

My point is simply that CHW has made a strong enough case for not being the LV coach with her job performance or lack thereof. Personal attacks are not needed to bolster that case and in fact only build up sympathy for her and make us look like trolls and possibly even prolong her stay and the program's agony.

Because there are enough on here making posts about those words over and over and over in multiple comments and threads. So many attack her personally about things that have not a single thing to do with her job performance. But no thank you, I’m not going to say pile on, so don’t go there with me.

Reactions: ruvol
Because there are enough on here making posts about those words over and over and over in multiple comments and threads. So many attack her personally about things that have not a single thing to do with her job performance. But no thank you, I’m not going to say pile on, so don’t go there with me.
I realize criticisms of the current coach outnumber defenses a miilion to one. Would never ask anyone to pile on.

But am going there with calling out the bolding and canonizing of something I wrote as FACT when a context-providing portion of my actual opinion was selectively left out. That's all.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Out of all the people I spoke to at the tourney last week, there was not one single person I spoke to that thought Holly was doing a good job and should stay on as coach. I am sure there wee some there that felt that way, but no one I spoke to did. I fear she has lost almost all support from the fanbase unless by some miracle they make a deep run in the NCAAs. I will say there was still a substantial cheer for her when she was announced so maybe I am wrong. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My gut feeling is it will be status quo next year.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I realize criticisms of the current coach outnumber defenses a miilion to one. Would never ask anyone to pile on.

But am going there with calling out the bolding and canonizing of something I wrote as FACT when a context-providing portion of my actual opinion was selectively left out. That's all.

It was left out because, as I said before, that selection of words has been said over and over and over and over again. It’s main topic of the LV forum. I highlighted the words that very, very few on here say or acknowledge, as I appreciated it. I am not sure what your beef is. I didn’t edit your quote. Never said the other words weren’t facts and wasn’t trying to twist anything.

Done with this argument. Have a nice Saturday. The sun is shining here in Middle Tennessee and I’m going to get out and enjoy it.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

I totally agree with you... you look at the Baylor team or Ms State or any other top team.... their motor works far better than ours..... and look back at the old tapes of Pat's teams.... the ferocity of those players.... only to have a whimper of that effort and to be congratulated and thanked for it....

I totally agree with you... you look at the Baylor team or Ms State or any other top team.... their motor works far better than ours..... and look back at the old tapes of Pat's teams.... the ferocity of those players.... only to have a whimper of that effort and to be congratulated and thanked for it....
The problem is it wasn't just Holly said that. It was Evina too. If she's proud to lose by "only" 15 points to MSST, then she's already accepted her fate of being a third rate player.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
The problem is it wasn't just Holly said that. It was Evina too. If she's proud to lose by "only" 15 points to MSST, then she's already accepted her fate of being a third rate player.

I`m not sure if Westbrook will ever work out as pg at Tenn i could be wrong. As i posted in another thread i think this team might want to try and get this young lady. Braxtin Miller (5-10 SO point guard, Dayton, OH) is putting her name in the transfer portal. She was Oklahoma State's #2 scorer in 2018-19 (14.7 PPG) and led the team in assists (3.5/game).

Yes, the players do often cite their “lack of effort” in post-game interviews after a loss. But I strongly suspect that if someone were to make a compilation video of every post-loss press conference that we’d quickly notice that they’ve said exactly the same phrases for the past 10 years. It feels almost scripted.

And so, yes, I have been hearing the Lady Vol players heaping all of the blame for losses onto themselves for a decade now, but I’m not even close to convinced that they always actually believe what they’re saying. They’re never going to go into a press conference and say, “I feel like we could have won this game if we had had a few offensive plays to run to score on a 2-3 zone, or if we knew how to cleanly in-bound the ball, or if we’d been adequately drilled to consistently perform basic fundamental skills.”

Instead, they go in and graciously blame themselves.

Reactions: mcannon1
Yes, the players do often cite their “lack of effort” in post-game interviews after a loss. But I strongly suspect that if someone were to make a compilation video of every post-loss press conference that we’d quickly notice that they’ve said exactly the same phrases for the past 10 years. It feels almost scripted.

And so, yes, I have been hearing the Lady Vol players heaping all of the blame for losses onto themselves for a decade now, but I’m not even close to convinced that they always actually believe what they’re saying. They’re never going to go into a press conference and say, “I feel like we could have won this game if we had had a few offensive plays to run to score on a 2-3 zone, or if we knew how to cleanly in-bound the ball, or if we’d been adequately drilled to consistently perform basic fundamental skills.”

Instead, they go in and graciously blame themselves.
That's the most disheartening thing. They're falling on their sword to save Holly's paycheck. I have no idea why they continue to let her ruin their careers without taking a stronger stance. I give credit to Alexa for calling out the coaching as the reason for why she transferred. At least she knew what was up.

Reactions: mcannon1 and lvocd
That's the most disheartening thing. They're falling on their sword to save Holly's paycheck. I have no idea why they continue to let her ruin their careers without taking a stronger stance. I give credit to Alexa for calling out the coaching as the reason for why she transferred. At least she knew what was up.

A big part of me suspects that if Holly herself weren’t a LVFL that some of the players — either from the past or the present — would be less hesitant to at least use backchannels to express their concerns. But a Lady Vol isn’t going to publicly criticize another Lady Vol, no matterhow mch she might deserve the criticism.

Reactions: mcannon1
A big part of me suspects that if Holly herself weren’t a LVFL that some of the players — either from the past or the present — would be less hesitant to at least use backchannels to express their concerns. But a Lady Vol isn’t going to publicly criticize another Lady Vol, no matterhow mch she might deserve the criticism.
Then they have no one to blame but themselves when they realize they wasted their college career playing for a clueless coach. They let it happen to themselves, sooo....

Reactions: lvocd
Rice comes back and wins. Only one game to sweat out -- Drake/Mo St -- and then hope Creme is right in his analysis.

Drake should be a solid favorite to win tomorrow. MoSt is missing an important post player who was a beast in their upaet at Drake. She wasn't available for tbe rematch, and it showed.

On tbe otber hand, Drake has struggled a little bit in the touney until late in the games

If Drake loses, perhaps the NCAA committee could add a play-in game between the LV and the last team in. Of course, there would still be the potential for a loss, so even making a special hardship case for the Affirmative Action Asterisk Lady Vols might fail to keep the streak aline.

Now to pull for Drake
Rue the day when we are dependent on outcomes to enter the NCAA

The game thread will be epic
If we stay in the bracket we're in S16/E8 are more than possible

Not a fan of free speech are you? Who picks the challenging panel? What's the punishment if your snarkiness is greater than your game attendance allows? Seems a bit Orwellian LOL.

I'm embarrassed but not surprised when we get personal against Holly. Why are we mad at this poor woman? She's not dumb, she's not laughing all the way to the bank, she's not purposely destroying Pat's legacy. She's just not a component D1 Head Coach. Can you imagine her agony at this very public career failing, especially under the circumstances in which she got the job? I feel very sorry for her.

I understand there is frustration because she just won't go away. But we don't know that, I really think she will at the end of this season. While I wish she would have done it last year, I can imagine its hard for her to throw in the towel.

That said, I've openly confessed to feeling conflicted about them winning lately. Don't like it, didn't expect it, but I definitely worry that any success will give both the AD and Head Coach a reason to dig in and hang on. Both have shown a hesitance to act even when its painfully obvious things are way, way off track. We've been calling for "immediate" action for a long time and nothing is happening except the team is getting worse. So yes, call the acceptability panel, I just want this season to be OVER.

No, I am all for free speech... what better way to measure one's value to a cause than viewing their very own honest words or actions. This is true for coaches and fans.... Shortcomings by either are what they are, but justification of coaching for or pulling for a loss are equally deplorable. I have no reason in the world to think Holly or any other staff member ever coached with the hope adding a loss to the ladies records, It is evident that some fans have justified pulling for a loss since it fits their narrative. I do not want folks that can do that sharing my foxhole on the bench or in the stands... Freedom of speech is great, but sometimes the application of discretion is far more important. Especially when there is zero value add to the program just to appease the frustration of a fan.

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back