The Volunteer Classic is cancelled

I wish Rick Barnes the best and hope he gets well soon.

On a separate note, I am so sad that the only exciting thing about Tennessee athletics got cancelled. Guess we're starting the season against #1 Gonzaga now if we're lucky.

Kansas plays Gonzaga on Thanksgiving Day besides the college and pro football games.

i wouldn’t doubt it. with lockdowns coming back, and cases skyrocketing there’s little doubt in my mind that the college basketball season could be ended before it begins.
The masses will revolt and hard if the nation goes into full lockdown again. Mark it down. Won’t happen.

Reactions: minorvol
What a meathead statement.

While I don't think the NCAA can afford for there not to be a season at all, I do think postponement of the season is very much in play. With rising covid-19 cases numbers across the country along with the the stringent contact tracing protocols that are being enforced, playing a conference only schedule starting in February could create for a season that isn't marred by cancellations.

How could anyone disagree. If they cancel games for every little case here and there and throw in contact tracing, its gonna be hard to get a season in.
The point is that you nor anyone else knows now. Similar things were said by many about football. Unless you're the Great Carnack, you don't know.

While I don't think the NCAA can afford for there not to be a season at all, I do think postponement of the season is very much in play. With rising covid-19 cases numbers across the country along with the the stringent contact tracing protocols that are being enforced, playing a conference only schedule starting in February could create for a season that isn't marred by cancellations.
I'm not saying it's unlikely cancellations or postponements can't happen, I'm referencing a person's definitive statement that it is happening. He doesn't know, I don't know, and no one else knows YET.

Firstly, I hope Coach Barnes has a mild case and recovers quickly. Secondly, I was really looking forward to the start of basketball season.
Somehow I missed the story. Where does it say CRB tested positive?

I'm not saying it's unlikely cancellations or postponements can't happen, I'm referencing a person's definitive statement that it is happening. He doesn't know, I don't know, and no one else knows YET.
And I'm not saying that there couldn't be a season. I predict its gonna be difficult to get it in based on the trends and contact tracing rules.

Lets step back from the ledge a bit, it's entirely possible we're forced to cancel these two games while Coach Barnes and others recover and then the season can carry on afterwards normally. Tomorrow is the last day of classes so a lot of students will be going home, making socially distancing easier. So all is not lost

Cancelled season coming soon
MadEnergeticBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif

VN Store

Back