The Vols next HC had better be...

LAVol1

...an outstanding offensive coordinator. In today's college game, and increasingly so in the pro game, a defensive HC only succeeds if he has a great OC. Just look at the success stories of the last few years. Start with Orgeron. With an outstanding OC who totally ran the offense, they won a NC. When the OC left, they grossly underachieved. Other highly successful HCs in the past few years: Dan Mullen, Lincoln Riley, Cliff Kingsbury, Sean Peyton, Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Matt LeFleur, Kyle Shanahan, Bruce Arians and Mike Norvell to name just a few. The unsuccessful head coaches that were defensive coordinators is quite long. The game has moved on past the days where you can win big with a great defense and a mediocre to good offense.

Back when Fulmer was interviewing 3 different defensive coordinators it was clear. I looked at the top 25 the prior 4 years and each year 17-19 coaches in the final 25 were from the offensive side of the football.

Reactions: ugg
giftiny.gif

Gonna be a lot of disappointed people when it finally hits them that ol cornbread isn't going anywhere. Probably take it till kickoff next year to become reality.

Let’s say you are right and Pruitt is still the HC for the first game kickoff next year....no way he makes it to week two!

Let’s say you are right and Pruitt is still the HC for the first game kickoff next year....no way he makes it to week two!
Why? If he makes it to game 1 2021 he probably is here for nearly the full year. The question is does he make it to 2021.

I know I have been real high on CJP but right now to is the wrong time to be moving him out by us vn he thru personal stuff with family

I know I have been real high on CJP but right now to is the wrong time to be moving him out by us vn he thru personal stuff with family

Just to be clear, if the University of Tennessee’s football program decided to make a move at HC, they shouldn’t because Pruitt’s having a family issue that many families deal with on a daily basis? The only real difference being he would have to deal with it not working but still getting paid his buyout of $12 million+...........I’m sorry, I’m just missing the point where I’m supposed to be grief stricken and sad enough to disregard his piss poor job performance. To be clear, I’m not wishing ill will on him or his family in any way, I’m speaking strictly to the logic behind your statement.

...an outstanding offensive coordinator. In today's college game, and increasingly so in the pro game, a defensive HC only succeeds if he has a great OC. Just look at the success stories of the last few years. Start with Orgeron. With an outstanding OC who totally ran the offense, they won a NC. When the OC left, they grossly underachieved. Other highly successful HCs in the past few years: Dan Mullen, Lincoln Riley, Cliff Kingsbury, Sean Peyton, Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Matt LeFleur, Kyle Shanahan, Bruce Arians and Mike Norvell to name just a few. The unsuccessful head coaches that were defensive coordinators is quite long. The game has moved on past the days where you can win big with a great defense and a mediocre to good offense.
I see what you're saying, but LSU fell apart because of talent loss, not coaching changes imo

Just to be clear, if the University of Tennessee’s football program decided to make a move at HC, they shouldn’t because Pruitt’s having a family issue that many families deal with on a daily basis? The only real difference being he would have to deal with it not working but still getting paid his buyout of $12 million+...........I’m sorry, I’m just missing the point where I’m supposed to be grief stricken and sad enough to disregard his piss poor job performance. To be clear, I’m not wishing ill will on him or his family in any way, I’m speaking strictly to the logic behind your statement.
Nothing to be sorry for

VN Store

Back