"the Vols are back!"

CR-vol

I know there's a lot of fans that don't like him but to me he's beyond reproach and no-one could ever say he doesn't have a great passion for UT sports. I really appreciate the fact we don't have some uninspiring egg head for an AD anymore. We're back and it's real this time! Fulmer celebrates signing day by saying 'the Vols are back'

Last edited:

CR-vol

I was a tap the brakes guy on this until recently but I can't help it. It's exciting that they're getting the right players and no doubt will be coaching them up right. I think the days of us losing games we shouldn't are over and we're coming for Alabama, Florida and Georgia. The streak and head game stuff with Alabama and UF don't mean anything to these players.

njvols

It's certainly starting to feel like we're back. I mean, if we pull in Evans, considering our returning D and OL, I think a combo of him and Gray, on paper, assuming adequate QB play, squarely puts us in contention for the SEC E this year. I could be entirely wrong, but Smart's comments yesterday makes me think they are out of the Evans sweepstakes. And, if I'm a prime RB, I'd rather run behind our OL than any other contenders...so, I've got a pretty good feeling about him.

CR-vol

Remember. Just remember. Pump the brakes. Butch had top rated recruited classes too and won a bowl game. Just pump the brakes a bit. The jury is still out on Pruitt.
There's absolutely no comparison between the classes recruited by Butch and Pruitt. One of those two coaches clearly has a vision and knows exactly what pieces he needs to get there. The other one..

At last season's start I think we were all blindsided by the cancer that was still lingering in that locker room. That's not going happen this year. The cancer has been cut out.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
Personally, I think AD Fulmer's statement is a little premature.....although after next year signed class I will totally agree---THE VOLS ARE BACK!
I see it the same way. We still lack certain pieces. For one, reliable and consistent QB play. Experienced depth for LB and CB. A settled RB corps as well as an OL that consistently open running holes. But I do think 2021 is going to be our "watch out!" year.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
So, who do you guys think will finish second in the SEC East in 2020?

Kentucky, Missouri, USC jr, Vandy are all terrible.

I think UGA upsets UF for second place in the east.
Kentucky is better than you think they are, and Stoops recruited well. He has a perennial wallflower team playing with purpose and a sense of vindicativity. They will make some noise in 2020, we overlook them at our peril if we dare. As I understand it, they may finally have a QB with the Auburn transfer. if he's any good, KY will be a hand full for a lot of opponents.

MikeVol44

Remember. Just remember. Pump the brakes. Butch had top rated recruited classes too and won a bowl game. Just pump the brakes a bit. The jury is still out on Pruitt.
Well.....If you can't grasp the colossal gap between a band-player masquerading as a coach and Coach Jeremy Pruitt--the verdict is in on you.

OrangeMagic

Really need to get a win vs. one of the big three next year to keep this program projecting upward. Also no slip ups like last year. We lost out on some big time recruits that we had on the line until the Georgia State and BYU losses. Keep grinding vols.
Like who? If the way the season turned around wasn't enough to restore confidence in the staff, players and program as a whole, then they weren't coming anyway.

Brave Volunteer

Are you saying his classes were overrated or are you saying he couldn't develop? If it's the latter I agree 100%. If it's the former I vehemently disagree. You cannot say the talent he recruited wasn't legit when we fielded a team with Barnett, Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Cam Sutton, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Josh Malone, Marquez North, Von Pearson, Emanuel Mosley, Evan Berry, Corey Vereen, etc. Butch was an idiot but he recruited pretty darn well.

VN Store

Sponsors