The Unofficial 2016 Australian Open Thread

Give him another year at the level he's playing at and I can give him the nod.

Put aside the question of future sustainability. We'll have to wait and see on that. And just take a "snapshot" of Djoker's level and compare to other borderline spiritual such snapshots. Rafa in in 2008 pre-injury. Rafa in 2010 at his US Open form. Fed basically any time from 2005-2007.

Now if you wanna talk about the best player that ever played a tennis match? Marat Safin. And I say that with an absolutely straight face. Dude was a headcase. But when he was on there was no point in walking out there with him.

Oh no, I get it. Marat at his best was siiiiiiick. And that's exactly what I'm really asking about. Peak level.

Put aside the question of future sustainability. We'll have to wait and see on that. And just take a "snapshot" of Djoker's level and compare to other borderline spiritual such snapshots. Rafa in in 2008 pre-injury. Rafa in 2010 at his US Open form. Fed basically any time from 2005-2007.

A snapshot now? Maybe as good? I dont See him as good as prime Fed and prime Rafa. He might be the new Sampras. Comes around when the older crowd is, well, older. And Rafa is older for his age.

A snapshot now? Maybe as good? I dont See him as good as prime Fed and prime Rafa. He might be the new Sampras. Comes around when the older crowd is, well, older. And Rafa is older for his age.

Now or last year or 2011. Just peak Novak.

I think he might be better than both. He has no flaws as a player. None. Zero weaknesses. It's unfair.

VN Store

Back