The Unofficial 2015 U.S. Open Thread

I just turned on woman's semi to see that Vinci broke Serena in the third set and is serving for the win.

I did not see this coming. We'll see if Vinci has nerves of steal. I doubt I could even toss the ball to serve in such a moment.

Vinci grabbed my attention in that match. KidB, tell me you dropped a hundred on her at 300-1...

Sucks that it went so quick. I thought I might get to the watering hole to watch the Fed/Wawa match on the widescreen before it started.

Cilic was still injured apparently. He had nothing to offer in that match. But Djokovic was flawless.

Doesn't bode well for whomever he faces in the final.

Roger playing well. To say the least. Up two sets to none against Stanimal. Needs to not mess around and finish this off.

Roger playing well. To say the least. Up two sets to none against Stanimal. Needs to not mess around and finish this off.

Brother, I'm not completely convinced that Roger won't win the whole damn thing. Man, he played good. Some might say Stan just was off last night. Personally, I think when someone is 'off' it has a lot to do w/ what the other guy is doing. Can't wait for the final.
And the Italians better get down to business this afternoon and wrap this baby up before the Vols go through the T.

I think in the next hour we might get an hour or so of tennis, but within another hour it's supposed to start raining again. They should finish, but I doubt it will be played straight through.

Third set. Djokovic serving 3-4. Federer with at least 2 break points. If Federer converts, breaks and serves out to win third set, he is US Open champ and 18 time slam winner. No doubt in my mind.

What ifs suck......Djokovic just simply too tough. Probably Federer's last slam final. Damn good run, but the congrats go to Djoker.

Third set. Djokovic serving 3-4. Federer with at least 2 break points. If Federer converts, breaks and serves out to win third set, he is US Open champ and 18 time slam winner. No doubt in my mind.

What ifs suck......Djokovic just simply too tough. Probably Federer's last slam final. Damn good run, but the congrats go to Djoker.

That third set was brutal. When Roger got a short forehand that bounced pretty high about mid court, that set should have been over. I guess this is what happens when you get 18 break points and only convert 3.

Oh man, I had totally forgotten about that wide open forehand on break point. Bitter pill to swallow. He definitely got a little nervous when he had the chance to break.

I can't believe he almost came back to tie up the fourth from two breaks down. My nerves are shot.

Another good point about the fourth. Roger was down two sets AND two breaks. He got to within 2 points of evening it up. That was tough, but impressive.

Djoker is just too damn tough. Fed rolls through the draw just demolishing everybody, but then Djoke makes him work like nobody else and you see the errors come.

VN Store

Back