The Ultimate 90's Movie Sweet 16 Part 2

Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Bracket Format. You have 4 votes available. This allows you to vote on each matchup. The Sweet 16 voting will close on Wednesday at this exact time.

Forrest Gump vs My Cousin Vinny

The Fugitive vs Jurassic Park

Dumb & Dumber vs Billy Madison

Shawshank Redemption vs Goodfellas

My Cousin Vinny, Shawshank, and Goodfellas are 3 of the most rewatchable 90's movies. Shame that 2 of them had to go against each other.

Forrest Gump is a piece of **** next to MCV.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I liked both very much.

I enjoyed the history references and the soundtrack of Gump. And, at the time it was a much needed break from all the same stories.

But I agree with everything you say about my cousin Vinny. It's definitely a favorite. I can watch it pretty much any time. I've seen Gump enough.

my-cousin-vinny-its-a-fact.gif

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I liked both very much.

I enjoyed the history references and the soundtrack of Gump. And, at the time it was a much needed break from all the same stories.

But I agree with everything you say about my cousin Vinny. It's definitely a favorite. I can watch it pretty much any time. I've seen Gump enough.
I’m the same way. I loved Forest Gump when it came out. I still do for a lot of the reasons you said. As I’ve gotten older, and somehow pretend the movie is real life, I get pissed that Jenny treats Forrest so bad for so long and then only marries him because she has AIDS and needs him to take care of her and their kid that she never told him about.

Reactions: Behr
I’m the same way. I loved Forest Gump when it came out. I still do for a lot of the reasons you said. As I’ve gotten older, and somehow pretend the movie is real life, I get pissed that Jenny treats Forrest so bad for so long and then only marries him because she has AIDS and needs him to take care of her and their kid that she never told him about.
Lol, It's a movie. I know you know that but, I remind myself of that sometimes. I mean, if I use the same attitude across the board I'll have to adjust my opinion of The Godfather.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Forrest Gump is good but very overrated. It isn't exactly what it sets out to be and it's not as good as it once was.

Cable TV playing it into the ground plus 30 years of pop culture references have probably fatigued its reputation a little bit as well. But I still think it's the best thing Zemeckis ever made, and I'm a pretty big BTTF fan.

VN Store

Back