The Tony Basilio Show

Brave Volunteer

Does anyone know why his show hasn't been on since Tuesday? I thought it was strange.that he didnt even have anyone filling in for him. No Basketball Overtime show after Colorado State either. Is everything ok with him and the show?

Reactions: RollerVol
Listening to Beano yesterday, Tony is nursing an illness or something. Tony was supposed to have a recruiting “x” cast yesterday, so it wasn’t a planned absence.

Tony’s presence is growing, not shrinking. Relying on the app rather than station managers has been a good move for him.

Listening to Beano yesterday, Tony is nursing an illness or something. Tony was supposed to have a recruiting “x” cast yesterday, so it wasn’t a planned absence.

Tony’s presence is growing, not shrinking. Relying on the app rather than station managers has been a good move for him.

Absolutely. His app allows him so much latitude vs. traditional radio. 5th quarter fan reaction is the best thing on radio after a game. I've always thought Tony was very entertaining. He's a helluva good guy too.

I've been listening to TB on and off for 20 years it seems. He always seems to be on the edge of being off the air. I honestly don't know how he makes a living in broadcasting. Hopefully his stock market nest egg is doing well.
Tony has been doing his own thing for a while. He doesn’t work for a radio station. He’s completely independent and buys the air time. I’d say most his listeners are off the app. He has a lot more than you think, as well as loyal advertisers. His problem was always with radio stations that weren’t committed to a sports format.

Tony has been doing his own thing for a while. He doesn’t work for a radio station. He’s completely independent and buys the air time. I’d say most his listeners are off the app. He has a lot more than you think, as well as loyal advertisers. His problem was always with radio stations that weren’t committed to a sports format.

That and he wasn't going to sugar coat anything. State run radio here in Knoxville can't handle that and the big money didn't like being called out. They've tried very hard through their influence to marginalize him.

I'm aware, as I mentioned I've followed him for many years through all of his various formats.

Reactions: volz2wallz and rs16

VN Store

Back