The Tony Basilio Show

I remember Tony started his show on 620 WRJZ. This was eons ago. I was a part time board op for RJZ at the time (well, I had quit and got a job at i-100 WOKI at the time and occasionally I would still board op for WRJZ). Tony had a show for an hour on Monday nights. I was a student at UT so I was an instant fan of his show and now listen on the app when time allows. The 5th Quarter is the best sports show I have ever heard. As stated earlier he isn't restricted to radio time issues or topics and he can go on for hours upon hours. One of my favorite recent 5th Quarters over the past couple of years was the Schia-NO Sunday emergency 5th quarter.

Hope his wife is doing better.

Basilio all day everyday! Great entertainment at least. I can’t stomach 99.1 and the jimmy Hyams LSU report and his tennis reports, so damn lame
Man does anyone really listen to the tennis show? I’ve always wondered about that. I mean, if tennis is your thing, I certainly won’t knock you for it but I can’t believe we get an entire hour(I think?) on tennis!!
GBO!!

Reactions: CBR07
Tony has been doing his own thing for a while. He doesn’t work for a radio station. He’s completely independent and buys the air time. I’d say most his listeners are off the app. He has a lot more than you think, as well as loyal advertisers. His problem was always with radio stations that weren’t committed to a sports format.

He is at times like Bill Kilgore from Apocalypse Now but he's by far the most entertaining Vols radio personality on air! He has a dark sense of humor that sometimes rubs people the wrong way but he is also very informative.

Reactions: volz2wallz
Love Tony b...he's very informative and does a lot of extra stuff like basketball overtime...football 5th quarterfan reaction and the xcast recruiting show and the watch partys....thanks for what you do taking time away from your personal life...

I remember Tony started his show on 620 WRJZ. This was eons ago. I was a part time board op for RJZ at the time (well, I had quit and got a job at i-100 WOKI at the time and occasionally I would still board op for WRJZ). Tony had a show for an hour on Monday nights. I was a student at UT so I was an instant fan of his show and now listen on the app when time allows. The 5th Quarter is the best sports show I have ever heard. As stated earlier he isn't restricted to radio time issues or topics and he can go on for hours upon hours. One of my favorite recent 5th Quarters over the past couple of years was the Schia-NO Sunday emergency 5th quarter.

Hope his wife is doing better.

No doubt! That Schia-NO Sunday Emergency show was epic! Listened to the whole thing. Went on for hours and hours. Had 4-5 of my friends in a group text talking about the situation the whole time. Crazy day.

Absolutely. His app allows him so much latitude vs. traditional radio. 5th quarter fan reaction is the best thing on radio after a game. I've always thought Tony was very entertaining. He's a helluva good guy too.
He's the only Vol fan in the Knoxville media... or at least it seems like it.

I remember when John Ward died, Tony was away on vacation with his family. Yet Tony still took time away from his vacation and his family to do a special call in show to pay tribute to John. I think that particular show lasted 4 or 5 hours. If that doesnt tell you how much Tony loves this university and this community, I can't help you!

Not sure whether he knew his audio was going out over the stream just now. He claimed that someone on the building commission told him new Jumbotrons coming to neyland. Also said some things I won’t repeat that would probably upset some folks. Always make sure your mike ain’t hot.

Not sure whether he knew his audio was going out over the stream just now. He claimed that someone on the building commission told him new Jumbotrons coming to neyland. Also said some things I won’t repeat that would probably upset some folks. Always make sure your mike ain’t hot.
You bumped a 2 year old thread to let us know TB "said some things you won't repeat?"

Spill the beans.

So he didn't say anything?
Great to know. 🙄.

VN Store

Back