The Tiger Woods saga

One helluva accomplishment by Tiger.
He never gave up, he persevered with personal and physical issues.

Never seen a gallery that boisterous either.

When you're talking the major spectator sports (not stuff like swimming or cycling which are more easily influenced by a single superstar), there has been and never will be an athlete who moves the needle in their sport like Tiger.

Reactions: GBOx2
We need to enjoy Tiger while we can. He's the greatest golfer in the history of the sport. I doubt there will ever be anyone like him in the future.

I will unashamedly say that was one of the top 5 sporting events I've watched in my life time. Absolutely incredible

Great moment for golf in general!
Happy to see a man persevere through difficult times.

But.....For the commentators to say it's the "greatest comeback" in history. Come on! He won a tournament against 29 other guys. Hogan won SIX majors after almost dying!

We need to enjoy Tiger while we can. He's the greatest golfer in the history of the sport. I doubt there will ever be anyone like him in the future.
Nobody is going to be exactly like him again, ever. He's like Jordan. There will be other great players come and go but none will impact the sport quite like he did.

Nobody is going to be exactly like him again, ever. He's like Jordan. There will be other great players come and go but none will impact the sport quite like he did.

Palmer impacted it by bringing the game to the masses and to TV.
Tiger took the impact to another level.
Someone...down the road...will have a similar impact. Not sure how and who, but it will happen. Could be a female that wins on the PGA Tour?

If you are a Tiger fan, follow @tigertracker on Twitter. Dude goes to every single tiger event and gives great commentary. I think tiger gets another major this year.

If you are a Tiger fan, follow @tigertracker on Twitter. Dude goes to every single tiger event and gives great commentary. I think tiger gets another major this year.
Him winning The Masters this year would go down as one of the most memorable sporting events ever. Even if he didn't win, but was in contention on the back 9 on Sunday, would be something I'd never forget.

VN Store

Back