The team rival you hate most and why

I agree. My disdain for FL is different than my disdain for Bama. My disdain for Bama is lifelong but includes respect for the program and the rivalry. My disdain for FL doesn't go back as far and does not include respect. And them owning us when they should not adds to the hatred.

I have said for a long time that the Florida-Tennessee series is built on mutual disrespect

Reactions: 1 person
For me, it’s always been Florida. For obvious reasons.

But Georgia has always been a close 2nd for me, my first ole lady and her entire family were all Bulldawgs. I absolutely hated going to family events, anything with them all there. They all made it a point to rib me. Especially in 2005 when they won the SEC, and this year, with all their hype and recruiting, and the fact I live in South Carolina about 85 miles from Athens....it’s become quite unbearable tbh. I have never seen a fan base as bad as they have been this past year. It’s honestly incredible.

I wore my Tennessee hoodie down to get my mail one evening after work about 2 weeks ago and as I was checking my mail box a group of meth heads with no muffler on their car flew by barking out of their window and screaming “GO DAWGS”.

Yeah. They are quickly eclipsing any hate Bama or FL could ever muster in me.

Reactions: 2 people
I hate none of them. If you're going to beat an opponent, be better than that opponent and beat them. Whining, hating, and excuse-making doesn't make a darn bit of difference. Only winning means anything.

I hate bama and florida, but living in georgia has caused me to hate them as much.

Reactions: feathersax
Florida, but it has more to do with the fans. I know every fandom has its bad apples and I know there are many decent people that are also fans of Florida.

But I remember being a student at a game and watched as one of our players was lying on the ground in pain and eventually had to be put on a stretcher. When it was clear one of TN players was hurt I looked up and saw Florida fans laughing, cheering and doing the gator chomp in delight that an 18 year old kid was injured. I also know that the common courtesy is you sit down, be quiet and only clap when the player is taken off the field as a sign of encouragement.

I lost any respect I had for Florida fans that night. This wasn’t one or two, this was the whole visiting section in the nosebleeds at Neyland.

Now I’ve been to probably a hundred TN games and seen many players from our side and other teams hurt, this is the only time I have ever seen fans cheer over a player being injured. I’ve never seen TN fans do it, nor any other fan base. Does it happen? Probably.

But this was easily a hundred Florida fans delighting in the fact that a TN Player was injured. I will never understand that and vowed to always hate Florida after that.

Last edited:
I agree. My disdain for FL is different than my disdain for Bama. My disdain for Bama is lifelong but includes respect for the program and the rivalry. My disdain for FL doesn't go back as far and does not include respect. And them owning us when they should not adds to the hatred.

This is the essence of the distinction that should be drawn between the Tidy Bowl boys and the Reptilian horde. Both Neyland and Bryant considered the Tennessee-Alabama game to be the measuring stick of their respective teams during a given year. Both of them essentially stated that “you don’t know what kind of team you’ve got until you play Tennessee (or Alabama).” They fostered an atmosphere that led to the Third Saturday in October being played as a fierce, unrelenting, but clean 60-minute war. There was a mutual respect, albeit one that was surpassed by a fervent desire to win that game.

Contrary to their protests, Florida, on the other hand, remains a comparative Johnny-come-lately. There was no history of sustained excellence until Spurrier assumed the reigns of that program. His cockiness filtered down to the fan base and created a toxic environment in which everything BCS (before Coach Spurrier) was conveniently ignored as irrelevant. Far too many Florida fans are incapable of winning with grace or losing with dignity.

In a nutshell, the Alabama game remains the preeminent rivalry to those of us who are members of the gray-beard contingent, but Florida has earned undying contempt.

I hate Vanderbilt because everything about them sucks....
they're located in Nashville and that sucks

Their fans are some of the biggest idiots ever... they suck

Their stadium sucks

Their basketball gym is a dung heap... it sucks

Kevin Stallings, James Franklin, Gerry Dinardo, Watson "doggone it" Brown, Paul Hoolihan, Jay Cutler, Barry Goheen, Will Perdue.... all really suck

I hate those bastards

I have said for a long time that the Florida-Tennessee series is built on mutual disrespect

Yeah, but all I have to do is remember how Florida was a doormat of a program before Spurrier then I don’t hate you guys as much. Your tradition is only relevant for about the last 25 years.......oh, and you guys invented Gatorade, which is nothing but another sugar filled fruit drink branded as “rehydrating”, so congrats on that I guess.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm old school, it's Bama for me. I became a Vol fan in my youth once I retained sentience in about 1962.

Yeah, but all I have to do is remember how Florida was a doormat of a program before Spurrier then I don’t hate you guys as much. Your tradition is only relevant for about the last 25 years.......oh, and you guys invented Gatorade, which is nothing but another sugar filled fruit drink branded as “rehydrating”, so congrats on that I guess.

It’s relevant though

There’s only one school that I pray gets the death penalty.....BAMA

Saw Saban in sears store in Nashville the other day. Asked him what brought him to Nashville, He said he heard Sears had a sale going on. Little boys paints half off. Creepy to say the lest .

Last edited:
I hate Vanderbilt because everything about them sucks....
they're located in Nashville and that sucks

Their fans are some of the biggest idiots ever... they suck

Their stadium sucks

Their basketball gym is a dung heap... it sucks

Kevin Stallings, James Franklin, Gerry Dinardo, Watson "doggone it" Brown, Paul Hoolihan, Jay Cutler, Barry Goheen, Will Perdue.... all really suck

I hate those bastards
I can get behind this except for the Nashville part. Live in Nashville and grew up in Franklin . This is part of why I despise them the way I do ! I wouldn’t want to live anywhere in the world besides Nashville though.

My grandfather who is 88 and still kicking instilled in me at an early age a totally irrational hatred for all things Black and Gold. I own a business and count VU & VUMC as some of my best clients , but still cannot stand the place and have always made sure to where orange and white when calling on them :)

After that UF/BAMA tie for 2nd
UGA close 3rd

VN Store

Back