The team needs a leader that has the "IT" factor.

No its about doing your job. One player cant't throw, catch, kick, and defend. Wins don't happen with just good qb play. If they did then Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been 13-16. I guess if JG wins more than 13 game he is better than Mahomes.

Every single part of the team needs to step up. Defense and oline on short yardage plays most of all.
So what you are saying is that it is possible to win games with continuous bad QB play? Literally, the only player who touches the ball on every play, with the exception of punting or kicking, is the QB. Our kicking is good, it is the reason we kept both games close. Our receivers, well they need the ball thrown to them in order to catch, the defense needs to stay off the field if they are to stay fresh given their youth. If any one player has more of an impact on the game it is the QB! We knew the defense was weak but you cannot blame them for last week. Is it possible for you to ever have constructive criticism of JG?

Watch most any other qb in the SEC or mostly any conference be a LEADER on their team. Their body language says as much or more that their words do. They pump up their teams. JG just brings everyone around him down with his very monotone personality. He has no body language or vocal leadership, never has and never will.

I can probably count on one hand how many times I have ever seen him speak to a teammate on the sideline or in on the field other than calling plays.

No its about doing your job. One player cant't throw, catch, kick, and defend. Wins don't happen with just good qb play. If they did then Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been 13-16. I guess if JG wins more than 13 game he is better than Mahomes.

Every single part of the team needs to step up. Defense and oline on short yardage plays most of all.

lol. If JG threw like Mahomes UT would have had winning seasons the past 3 years (Im including this one as well). Mahomes threw for 96 touchdowns in 3 years. JG has 20.... Keep comparing apples to a box of rocks...

So what you are saying is that it is possible to win games with continuous bad QB play? Literally, the only player who touches the ball on every play, with the exception of punting or kicking, is the QB. Our kicking is good, it is the reason we kept both games close. Our receivers, well they need the ball thrown to them in order to catch, the defense needs to stay off the field if they are to stay fresh given their youth. If any one player has more of an impact on the game it is the QB! We knew the defense was weak but you cannot blame them for last week. Is it possible for you to ever have constructive criticism of JG?

A great team can win with poor to average qb play. Bama has done it. LSU has done it. They have multiple 10 wins seasons with qb play much worse than what JG has done.

Yes. But it seems no one does that. Just hyperbole and agendas.

He had a bad game. He was late on some throws.

He isn't the reason we lost those games. He isn't the worst qb we have had.

lol. If JG threw like Mahomes UT would have had winning seasons the past 3 years (Im including this one as well). Mahomes threw for 96 touchdowns in 3 years. JG has 20.... Keep comparing apples to a box of rocks...

Stats don't matter though right? Just wins. So Mahomes sucked right?

If JG wins some games I guess he is better. That is all that matters. When JG had good stats and we lost it was a bad qb day. Be consistent.

Stats don't matter though right? Just wins. So Mahomes sucked right?

If JG wins some games I guess he is better. That is all that matters. When JG had good stats and we lost it was a bad qb day. Be consistent.
No one said Mahomes was terrible. Its Texas Tech dude. Their defense year in and year out is made up of Webelos and Swiss cheese. Mahomes at Tennessee and they dominate. JG at Texas Tech during those years..they have an even worse record.

And stats do matter, just not the ones you clutch to your chest.

My stance is that you said its about "doing your job". Guess who does a piss poor job? Are you catching on yet or should I go into more detail?
One bad game. Still had us in position to win with less than a minute. He had a bad game and still had us in position to win.

Alontae Taylor did a piss poor job. JG had a bad game as well but didn't cost us the game.

One bad game. Still had us in position to win with less than a minute. He had a bad game and still had us in position to win.

Alontae Taylor did a piss poor job. JG had a bad game as well but didn't cost us the game.

His game against GaSt wasn’t any better...

The guy processes slower than an elite QB. Look at his history.....mostly check downs and jump balls..

A great team can win with poor to average qb play. Bama has done it. LSU has done it. They have multiple 10 wins seasons with qb play much worse than what JG has done.

Yes. But it seems no one does that. Just hyperbole and agendas.

He had a bad game. He was late on some throws.

He isn't the reason we lost those games. He isn't the worst qb we have had.
I'm sorry but yeah he is one of the worst, I like JG and all I've actually talked with him on more than one occasion and he's a really great guy but he's not a good QB at all, it's more than just one bad game he wasn't good last year but everyone blamed the oline (rightfully so in most cases) but now our oline is playing pretty decent and gives him time and it's the same thing. He has a pretty good arm but he's not accurate down field at all consistantly, but most importantly he just doesn't have the awareness and panics to quick which is why most of his throws are to his checkdown. I'm not bashing him and I'm rooting for him to turn it around but as of right now I've seen no signs of that happening

Give it a rest already! You have already been proven wrong about JG more than this board can count! Yet, you seem to spin all his inadequacies and failures in a different way by comparing him to other players which is LAUGHABLE AND IGNORANT to say the least! When you mention he and Peyton in the same paragraph your football knowledge can't be taken seriously by anyone! JG IS A FAILURE AND A BUST! He hasn't proved squat in 3 years, never will!!! He will lose his job to a freshman before the season is over just like I told you and other JG homers last year!!!

Excellent post. We had elite QB play in 2012 yet still sucked.

Give it a rest already! You have already been proven wrong about JG more than this board can count! Yet, you seem to spin all his inadequacies and failures in a different way by comparing him to other players which is LAUGHABLE AND IGNORANT to say the least! When you mention he and Peyton in the same paragraph your football knowledge can't be taken seriously by anyone! JG IS A FAILURE AND A BUST! He hasn't proved squat in 3 years, never will!!! He will lose his job to a freshman before the season is over just like I told you and other JG homers last year!!!
Calm down pal. I see you hate facts. Not surprised with your emotional outburst.

The fact is all qbs have bad games. Peyton vs Memphis was a bad game we lost. He also had the benefit of NC caliber teammates around him.

If he gets hurt he will be replaced.

No one said Mahomes was terrible. Its Texas Tech dude. Their defense year in and year out is made up of Webelos and Swiss cheese. Mahomes at Tennessee and they dominate. JG at Texas Tech during those years..they have an even worse record.

And stats do matter, just not the ones you clutch to your chest.
LOL at Webelos and Swiss cheese.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 7.11.40 PM.png

The coach must find a QB that has the "IT"factor. Our team cannot score enough points to win most games. That was apparent all last season. That falls on the QB in most all cases. Teams that have an "it" QB win most games; you see it every Sat, even with freshman QBs. Teams with "it" QBs will score lots of points in most all cases even against some of the best teams. If the vols don't score at least 24 pts in a game they will get beat most of the time. They really need to get into the 30+ point range to compete with the better teams. If Pruitt doesn't have an "it" QB on the sidelines wanting a chance to play, the vols will be lucky to win 3 games this season. No matter what, I will always pull for the VOLS. I wish them the best.
If Coach Pruitt continues down this same road with JG, he will most certainly go down with this sinking ship!

VN Store

Back