The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

Bitter dissent and criticism of dissent by the majority. The majority is pure GOP talking points and thinly reasoned. They ignore completely the reality of what's going on out there.
They ignore the reality that everyone in this country is not afforded the same right of self defense against those who would do them harm? Wow, we agree

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You guys just won't be happy until everyone in the country open carries at every event, will you?

I haven't had time to read the actual decision yet but from your screeching it sounds like it basically requires Constitutional Carry from all the states. I very much doubt that but is that what you're asserting?

You guys just won't be happy until everyone in the country open carries at every event, will you?

You mean until everyone has their inalienable rights resorted per the constitution ? You damn right we won’t . It’s a bad day on flat rock for you right restricting , big government promoting , liberals huh ? Lol

Reactions: StarRaider
Alito's concurrence specifically addresses "what's going on out there."

But, even if "what's going on out there" justifies NY's law (which seems to run counter to common sense), that is an issue to be addressed by Congress, not the judiciary.
Precisely. Newsflash for the liberals: An appointment to the Supreme Court is not an unelected lifetime appointment to a super legislative branch.

Bitter dissent and criticism of dissent by the majority. The majority is pure GOP talking points and thinly reasoned. They ignore completely the reality of what's going on out there.
The second amendment wins again and the over reach in many Dem ran states continues to be rolled back. Suck it gun grabbers!

And “the reality of what’s going on out there” is prevailing gun legislation nation wide continues to roll back restrictions on law abiding citizens. Working as intended.

BREAKING: California man, 26, pleads not guilty to attempting to Assassinate US Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh

The man accused of attempting to assassinate U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh pleaded not guilty on Wednesday.

Nicholas John Roske, 26, of Simi Valley, California, was arrested outside Kavanaugh's home in Maryland earlier this month armed with a gun, knife and burglary tools.

During his arraignment on Wednesday at the Southern Division Courthouse, in Greenbelt, Maryland, Roske pleaded not guilty.

His trial is set to begin on August 23, and if convicted, Roske faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Nicholas John Roske pleads not guilty to attempting to assassinate Justice Kavanaugh | Daily Mail Online

Good. Now he can bear the full weight of the justice system.

Court is going HOG today. So far they ruled an officer does NOT have to read you Miranda rights, and voided conceal carry laws. Next is a decision that affects the big one.

Court is going HOG today. So far they ruled an officer does NOT have to read you Miranda rights, and voided conceal carry laws. Next is a decision that affects the big one.

I'll have to make time to read the actual decision but I'm pretty dubious the boldened is correct. I was thinking more along the lines of a state can't simply tell someone with a clean record that's wants a permit to pound sand just on their say so.

Not at all. They clearly explained why 2nd Amendment rights can't be restricted willy nilly. NY state demanded a reason for a conceal carry permit. Could they apply the same rule for owning a handgun? Of course not. Same thing

Reactions: StarRaider
I'll have to make time to read the actual decision but I'm pretty dubious the boldened is correct. I was thinking more along the lines of a state can't simply tell someone with a clean record that's wants a permit to pound sand just on their say so.
You don't believe the flaming liberal interpretation? You think there's a chance the liberals are being dishonest?

It's my understanding they tore up the original conceal law that others were based off of. REMINDER: we have a "no permit carry" in Ohio. It means everyone is armed.

VN Store

Back