The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

Supreme Court denied certiorari on all election litigation cases this morning.

Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch all dissented from denial in one of the cases: the case where the Pennsylvania Supreme Court determined that the Pennsylvania Constitution required PA to count votes that arrived after Election Day. Only four votes are required for a grant certiorari, which means that Roberts, Barrett, and Kavanaugh voted against taking the case.

Given that there’s a credible argument against the case being moot (see Thomas’s dissent), the three denial votes seem more ideologically consistent with conservative jurisprudence than the three dissenting votes. The idea that the US Supreme Court can overrule the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on the meaning of the Pennsylvania Constitution is... not conservative.

So long, Kraken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol49er
Supreme Court denied certiorari on all election litigation cases this morning.

Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch all wrote dissents from denial in one of the cases: the case where the Pennsylvania Supreme Court determined that the Pennsylvania Constitution required PA to count votes that arrived after Election Day. Only four votes are required for a grant certiorari, which means that Roberts, Barrett, and Kavanaugh voted against taking the case.

Given that there’s a credible argument against the case being moot (see Thomas’s dissent), the three denial votes seem more ideologically consistent with conservative jurisprudence than the three dissenting votes. The idea that the US Supreme Court can overrule the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on the meaning of the Pennsylvania Constitution is... not conservative.

So long, Kraken.
4427309E-CAF1-429C-AB43-539B6BA86154.gif

SCOTUS rules NY prosecutors CAN access eight years of Trump's tax returns to aid fraud probe - in huge blow to ex-President

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday paved the way for a New York City prosecutor to obtain former President Donald Trump's tax returns and other financial records as part of a criminal investigation, a blow to his quest to conceal details of his finances.

The ruling does not make Trump's tax records public.

Supreme Court: NYC prosecutors CAN get Donald Trump's tax returns | Daily Mail Online

A visual representation of your “Sidney Powell is a respected attorney” take. I like it.
Oh I had already stated long ago she doesn’t get that consideration anymore. But since you’ve got nothing else I guess all you can do it rehash old admissions. Thanks for playing kid.

Oh I had already stated long ago she doesn’t get that consideration anymore. But since you’ve got nothing else I guess all you can do it rehash old admissions. Thanks for playing kid.
Well this is a positive development. You’ve gone from never admitting you were wrong to considering it a victory. That’s great progress. Proud of you, big guy.

Any other victory laps you want to take or are you saving them for bad days?

Well this is a positive development. You’ve gone from never admitting you were wrong to considering it a victory. That’s great progress. Proud of you, big guy.

Any other victory laps you want to take or are you saving them for bad days?
Project much ... “counselor”?
🤡

🤡
Saving them, then. I understand. Truly, I hope it helps.

Sometimes I feel really bad about treating you guys so harshly.

I wonder at what I must have done for you to carry so much angst that you feel compelled to respond to all of my posts but have clearly been so demoralized that you are afraid to engage in the topic of conversation.

The fact that I’ve reduced you to trying to communicate through gifs and emojis makes me feel like a bad person.

If the gifs and emojis weren’t such an improvement over your abhorrent English, I would probably feel downright awful.

But I’m heartened to know that you’re getting help and trying to fix it.

Tootles, Don. Can’t wait to see what gif you’ve got for me next time.

Saving them, then. I understand. Truly, I hope it helps.

Sometimes I feel really bad about treating you guys so harshly.

I wonder at what I must have done for you to carry so much angst that you feel compelled to respond to all of my posts but have clearly been so demoralized that you are afraid to engage in the topic of conversation.

The fact that I’ve reduced you to trying to communicate through gifs and emojis makes me feel like a bad person.

If the gifs and emojis weren’t such an improvement over your abhorrent English, I would probably feel downright awful.

But I’m heartened to know that you’re getting help and trying to fix it.

Tootles, Don. Can’t wait to see what gif you’ve got for me next time.
Laughing at and mocking your arrogant triggered ass is some of my best fun on here why would I not reply.
👇 😂🤡😂🤡
🤡

Justice Clarence Thomas Dissents From Supreme Court On Election Case: 'We Need to Make It Clear' | ZeroHedge

thomas%20scotus%20dissent.jpg

Other than Thomas, Justices Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch also dissented.

Of course, no Roberts or Kavanaugh... That was to be expected. But Amy Coney Barrett? I thought she was the female Thomas or Scalia? LOL... These clowns.

Trump wrongly trusted McConnell (yet again) and a few other establishment GOP hacks on both Kavanaugh and ACB.

Lagoa was the pick, but once again Trump didn't trust his instinct and defaulted to GOP leadership. ACB is more like Roberts than she is Thomas or Scalia.

Trump wrongly trusted McConnell (yet again) and a few other establishment GOP hacks on both Kavanaugh and ACB.

Lagoa was the pick, but once again Trump didn't trust his instinct and defaulted to GOP leadership. ACB is more like Roberts than she is Thomas or Scalia.
Lol, rewind a couple months and yall loved the selections.

Reactions: midnight orange
Conservatives spend 50 years championing a federalist judicial philosophy in order to justify overturning abortion rights and their voters still can’t understand why those judges won’t meddle with a state court’s interpretation of the state’s constitution.

Must be tough.

Conservatives spend 50 years championing a federalist judicial philosophy in order to justify overturning abortion rights and their voters still can’t understand why those judges won’t meddle with a state court’s interpretation of the state’s constitution.

Must be tough.

Only to those that really care. Seems you care.

VN Store

Back