The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

Orangeburst

Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
This one sounds too good to be true.
Guns, abortion...lets hope we watch Federalism take a stick up the ass..Frankly it takes all these social issues of the table in national elections and gets DC back to their intended purpose. Thus creating less turmoil and a more effective Fed gov

BreatheUT

<= Who's the idiot?
No one would object to him praying silently. The issue is making a display of it in a setting where young people might feel compelled to join in. It seems..... "look-at-me" ish. I tend to find people who wear their religion so prominently to generally suck as people.

Agreed. He should wait until he's alone dropping a deuce.

Pepe_Silvia

I'll turn this damn bus around!
Guns, abortion...lets hope we watch Federalism take a stick up the ass..Frankly it takes all these social issues of the table in national elections and gets DC back to their intended purpose. Thus creating less turmoil and a more effective Fed gov
There's just too much invested in the federal bureaucracy for that ruling to be made. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

TRUEFANVol

It’s unbelievable that both of you are pretending a man bringing up a viable option for rape victims is somehow a bad thing.

Are we supposed to pretend they just have to keep the baby?
You may pretend such a thing. Not I. It's not that it's a bad thing. It's the unmitigated ignorance you show believing you could ever understand what's in the mind of a rape victim.

SpaceCoastVol

I identify as vaccinated
No one would object to him praying silently. The issue is making a display of it in a setting where young people might feel compelled to join in. It seems..... "look-at-me" ish. I tend to find people who wear their religion so prominently to generally suck as people.
That has all the looks of someone that is threatened by someone else's personal convictions. It's amazing to me that the left finds Christianity so offensive and threatening. And then you go off on a tangent making a character judgment based on all of the above. Shameful actually.

But now do drag queens in kindergartens. At least with high schoolers those that the coach was 'recruiting/pressuring' could think for themselves.

But one thing is curious. You said it would be OK if he did it 'silently' and then condemn him for 'making a display'. Truth is, you want him neither seen nor heard.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
The SCOTUS is now nothing more than a politicized arm of Republiars. I say this despite agreeing with some of their position, such as the coach who prayed after games. We were supposed to be a Christian nation (not that we ever were historically or conduct-wise) so it was beyond folly to forbid his praying. But the SCOTUS is no longer what it was originally meant to be, and far less so now than ever before. Worst yet, the newest appointees flat out lied during their candidacy interviews. Lying judges are incapable of being unbiased and having integrity. Our court now operates exactly like the nonjudicial rubber stamp Russian parliamentary.

ButchPlz

We do a little trollin'
The SCOTUS is now nothing more than a politicized arm of Republiars. I say this despite agreeing with some of their position, such as the coach who prayed after games. We were supposed to be a Christian nation (not that we ever were historically or conduct-wise) so it was beyond folly to forbid his praying. But the SCOTUS is no longer what it was originally meant to be, and far less so now than ever before. Worst yet, the newest appointees flat out lied during their candidacy interviews. Lying judges are incapable of being unbiased and having integrity. Our court now operates exactly like the nonjudicial rubber stamp Russian parliamentary.
A real-life BlueAnon!

DancingOutlaw

No sloppy, slimy eggs plz
When SCOTUS does something I agree with, they are very level headed adults who made the obvious right choice.
When SCOTUS does something I don't agree with, they are idiot partisans who should all be impeached and deported.

lawgator1

That has all the looks of someone that is threatened by someone else's personal convictions. It's amazing to me that the left finds Christianity so offensive and threatening. And then you go off on a tangent making a character judgment based on all of the above. Shameful actually.

But now do drag queens in kindergartens. At least with high schoolers those that the coach was 'recruiting/pressuring' could think for themselves.

But one thing is curious. You said it would be OK if he did it 'silently' and then condemn him for 'making a display'. Truth is, you want him neither seen nor heard.
Not at a school event, no.

Vol423

That is absolute nonsense. The SCOTUS is now, for the first time in many decades, acting EXACTLY as the founding fathers intended. It is no longer functioning as a nine member, lifetime appointed, non-elected legislative branch. It is interpreting and implementing the Constitution as written. Liberals have a problem with that because they don't like the Constitution, and they know that they don't have the votes to change the Constitution. Therefore, they have relied on activist judges in the past to do what they are incapable of doing in Congress.

Jxn Vol

Not at a school event, no.
This is why the Department of Education needs to be in a burn pile. There are actually folks like you that like education being under the federal umbrella. That way you can try to control a coach taking a knee and saying a silent prayer.

Y’all better start choosing wisely what you bring to the SC. Right now they are landing haymakers on you nanny state libs.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
When SCOTUS does something I agree with, they are very level headed adults who made the obvious right choice. When SCOTUS does something I don't agree with, they are idiot partisans who should all be impeached and deported.
On my end, when SCOTUS does something I agree with, I hope their action and my opinion of it is correct. When SCOTUS does something I disagree with, I dislike it, but hope for the best regardless. I'm sorry you lack that flexibility.

VN Store