The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

Lizzo vows to donate $500K of her tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood which Live Nation will match for total of $1million... hours after Roe v. Wade abortion ruling was overturned

Lizzo announced she will be donating $500K of her upcoming tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood and Abortion Funds hours after Roe v. Wade was overturned.

The singer, 34, made the announcement on her Instagram Story on Friday, where she revealed that entertainment company Live Nation has agreed to match her generous donation making it a grand total of $1million.

59499411-10951563-image-a-144_1656121909853.jpg

Taking a stand: Lizzo (seen in June 2019 at Glastonbury Festival in England) announced that she will be donating $500K of her upcoming tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood and Abortion Funds just hours after Roe v. Wade was overturned

Lizzo to donate $500K of tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood which Live Nation will match for $1m | Daily Mail Online
FAntastic. PP should be privately funded.

It will be to women
Interestingly enough, if you look at the polls then it won’t be.
While a higher percentage believes that abortion should be legal, a very large majority believes it’s a states rights issue. And most put it down the list as to it’s value in determining who to vote for. Honestly by next Wednesday when the next gas price spike hits most women will be way more concerned about their budget

Interestingly enough, if you look at the poles then it won’t be.
While a higher percentage believes that abortion should be legal, a very large majority believes it’s a states rights issue. And most put it down the list as to it’s value in determining who to vote for. Honestly by next Wednesday when the next gas price spike hits most women will be way more concerned about their budget
Maybe

You and I agree about Budgets, but for the most part budgets in this day for younger Age groups is reactive vs Proactive vs even existing at all.
People Vote on their emotions without any knowledge of who they are voting for and the future.
Media and Ads of course are a major influence.
It should be a State's Rights issue and we fought a Civil War over a State's Right issue, however I do not see that being the Case in this situation...

This ruling will be another drain on the Taxpayer's Dollar.

You and I agree about Budgets, but for the most part budgets in this day for younger Age groups is reactive vs Proactive vs even existing at all.
People Vote on their emotions without any knowledge of who they are voting for and the future.
Media and Ads of course are a major influence.
It should be a State's Rights issue and we fought a Civil War over a State's Right issue, however I do not see that being the Case in this situation...

This ruling will be another drain on the Taxpayer's Dollar.

Meh, that war lead to the proper action which was an amendment to the constitution. If this is that important at the federal level it too should be handled properly or remain a decision of the local population. Hurrah for a Democratic Republic

Meh, that war lead to the proper action which was an amendment to the constitution. If this is that important at the federal level it too should be handled properly or remain a decision of the local population. Hurrah for a Democratic Republic
It is where it needs to be at the State Level.

Side Note: How is your family holding up?

You can't be that dense. It's not the fact old white men are making decisions, its the fact they are making decisions for women's bodies. I

Except the court involves both women and black men. So there’s one problem with your argument. The second problem is that it’s simply illogical to proclaim that laws should only be written by those effected by the laws.

I’ve never raped or killed anyone. I’ve never been raped nor killed. I still support laws against both.

I’m not a pedophile. I also don’t believe only pedophiles should write the rules that govern pedophilia.

It’s an ignorant argument that no one who’s ever put any level of thought into it would agree with

Lizzo vows to donate $500K of her tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood which Live Nation will match for total of $1million... hours after Roe v. Wade abortion ruling was overturned

Lizzo announced she will be donating $500K of her upcoming tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood and Abortion Funds hours after Roe v. Wade was overturned.

The singer, 34, made the announcement on her Instagram Story on Friday, where she revealed that entertainment company Live Nation has agreed to match her generous donation making it a grand total of $1million.

59499411-10951563-image-a-144_1656121909853.jpg

Taking a stand: Lizzo (seen in June 2019 at Glastonbury Festival in England) announced that she will be donating $500K of her upcoming tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood and Abortion Funds just hours after Roe v. Wade was overturned

Lizzo to donate $500K of tour proceeds to Planned Parenthood which Live Nation will match for $1m | Daily Mail Online
500K doesn’t go as far as it did two years ago.

500K doesn’t go as far as it did two years ago.
Waiting for the “While in office Trump, the racist, artificially held down the rate of inflation so that in 2022 black pop artist wouldn’t know the appropriate attention seeking amount to donate to planned parenthood, an organization that provides mammograms for poor women of color” narrative.

May seem insane. But he did get blamed by CNN contributors and others for Will Smith slapping Chris Rock.

Waiting for the “While in office Trump, the racist, artificially held down the rate of inflation so that in 2022 black pop artist wouldn’t know the appropriate attention seeking amount to donate to planned parenthood, an organization that provides mammograms for poor women of color” narrative.

May seem insane. But he did get blamed by CNN contributors and others for Will Smith slapping Chris Rock.
The View airs tomorrow, probably the best chance to have this for a segment.

That's real world issues.

This is fine parsing. They removed a constitutional right that had belonged to women for 50 years.

They removed a decision that should have never been federally mandated. It should have always remained within each state individually. Probably quite a few more fed level rulings that need to go back to each state to govern.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123

VN Store

Back