The story of the game is

The Tennessee Volunteers get JOBBED...AGAIN!!!

There needs to be an investigation.
The question after that is who in Knoxville is going to raise almighty hell about the call at the end. Nobody should screw a team at that point in the game like that! Phil better kick someone in the A&&!!

Reactions: FlVols
I agree that UT got robbed. But in a game that comes down to a few bad calls, etc. you always go back and think about what REALLY cost us this game, and it was the dang MISSED FREE THROWS!!!! What a heartbreaker. No way the Kline kid will be that hot again. Some bad calls. But how do we miss 13 free throws? This one hurt bad. So much courage to come back from 18 down. DANG

Reactions: FlVols
1) Sorry free throw shooting
2) First half that was terrible on both ends of the floor
3) Really just got contribution from 6 players during this game so I will say lack of depth. Fulky was awful tonight
4) An unconscious effort for Cline. 22 points in the second half was a killer
5) Bone started hot but was a no show after that

Is it still a loss?
No bro we got a moral victory out of it. If your a 2000’s fan of UT in any sport you better either learn to embrace the moral victories or prepare to be attacked by those who love all the moral victories.. you know we are one of the most successful and rich athletic depts in the country right? What do you expect other than moral victories? If you want actual ships you better either keep it to yourself or go root for a university who demands excellence, cuz this ain’t one of them:)

Look at the replay, Lamonte Turner never touched the guy, and he isn't an idiot!
I'm beginning to wonder if most of you don't understand what a foul is. No, Lamonte didn't touch him until after the ball left his hands. We can all agree to that. He did, however, hit him in the body after the shot left his hands and that IS A FOUL. Even Barnes admitted it was a foul.

Reactions: volgrad500
Lamonte frustrates me, I love his tenacity and defense, he just seems to make some poor decisions when the game is on the line (e.g., ill advised shot against LSU, fouling last night). We wouldn't have been in a position to win that game without his defense last night, but I just wish he could make smarter plays at the end of ball games.

The Tennessee Volunteers get JOBBED...AGAIN!!!

There needs to be an investigation.
The story of the game is we missed our FT and they hit some thress that were insane. Please quit blaming the refs makes you look lie a cry baby

1) Sorry free throw shooting
2) First half that was terrible on both ends of the floor
3) Really just got contribution from 6 players during this game so I will say lack of depth. Fulky was awful tonight
4) An unconscious effort for Cline. 22 points in the second half was a killer
5) Bone started hot but was a no show after that
The one reason we did not win was the one we had the ability to do better; free throw shooting. Many of the misses were on the front end of 1&1s which means we left about 10-12 points off the board. All players contributed to those misses.

The one reason we did not win was the one we had the ability to do better; free throw shooting. Many of the misses were on the front end of 1&1s which means we left about 10-12 points off the board. All players contributed to those misses.
I agree. The loss is on us because we didn’t shoot FT’s in 1st half. We were in control of that. BUT, the last call on the foul on the 3 should not have been called. Edwards kicked and Lamonte had been complaining to refs about it during the game. That’s the way it goes. We should not have been in the position for them to rob us, but they did.

I agree. The loss is on us because we didn’t shoot FT’s in 1st half. We were in control of that. BUT, the last call on the foul on the 3 should not have been called. Edwards kicked and Lamonte had been complaining to refs about it during the game. That’s the way it goes. We should not have been in the position for them to rob us, but they did.

It's not a rob if you don't take care of your business. This team only played well in half the minutes in the entire tournament and it bit them. 6 turnovers in the first half, horrendous shooting, abysmal free throw shooting, getting beat multiple times on that backdoor cut.

Even if it WAS a foul....that rarely gets called at end of games...very rare. Of course they decide to call it on us and give the guy 3 friggin shots to win the game. It was ticky tack at best...and just something that is almost never called at the end of a game like this.

It's not a rob if you don't take care of your business. This team only played well in half the minutes in the entire tournament and it bit them. 6 turnovers in the first half, horrendous shooting, abysmal free throw shooting, getting beat multiple times on that backdoor cut.
You did get “robbed” when you had worked your way back and had a 2 point lead that was taken away by a few seconds of bad calls by refs. I agree that we didn’t play well the first half. But we had played our way, both defensively and offensively, back into a tie and then up by 2.

On a related issue, I looked at the foul shots total. In the UT/Purdue game there was a total of 61 foul shots attempted. In the immediate game after VA/OR a total of 13 foul shot attempts. Is that not a very large discrepancy in how the two different games were called or the two later teams just do foul? I found the difference very large. Any thought.

I am still confused about how Kline was able to last so long, with four fouls. I'm no genius, but the guy was the difference in the game. Give Bowden, or whoever, the ball, clearout and isolate his ass!! Get the the fifth foul!!! Get his ass outta there!! Come on coach! GW! Admiral! Someone!! Count how many times the Vols ran their offense, and the person being guarded by Kline never touched the ball, unless they were 40 ft from the basket. It is not rocket-science!! I call a timeout, and I say, if Kline picks you up, demand the damn ball! The rest of you .......clear the f' out!!

No Kline, no win. Purdue will burn, in the elite 8. UT exposed them as soft, on the interior, and they are totally dependent on the trey. Like Auburn.

On another note, UT should have never been so far behind in this game. Was it the damn rim, on that end. It seemed tight, and unkind. Even to Purdue.

On another note, UT should have never been so far behind in this game. Was it the damn rim, on that end. It seemed tight, and unkind. Even to Purdue.

I'm surprised no one has talked about this. It was certainly odd that both teams missed so shots - particularly on that end.

Reactions: kbear01

VN Store

Back