The story of the game is

No he didn’t, it was a terrible call that should not be made ever but especially at the end of a NCAA tournament game
Lamonte definitely did foul him with the body
However, Edwards definitely pushed off prior to AND had the ball go off him right before
Still, we hit one more free throw in regulation, we win

This team is good, not great. We showed it tonight. We showed it against LSU and Auburn twice. I am disappointed, but overall it was a good season. It’ll be tough to match this next season.

Reactions: EZE
On the play with 2.5 seconds in regulation wasn't Edwards foot out of bounds before any foul on Turner was called. Sure looked like it to me!!!

Reactions: Plateauvol
The replay looked pretty clear that the ball went off of Edward's foot also but that didn't get called even after the review?
Yeah I was so sure that was being overturned...maybe I missed another angle but I thought it hit his foot.

Didn’t get to watch but recorded it. Do I want to? Yes we peaked to early
2nd half was the most entertaining sporting event I’ve seen in years. Unfortunately, their guys wanted it as bad as our guys did.

I've calmed down now.

You can flip a coin as to which team you are going to see every half. Either the Tennessee Volunteers or basically the Carter Hornets. That's the story of this team.

Reactions: Gary10ec1
He was totally fouled. They made so many 3s, I know why our guys were nervous about it. But without that play we win.

This. They have made a point of emphasis to call it when you run under the shooter. That is exactly what Turner did.

What I saw was they know what they are doing coaching. No way you foul on a last shot of the game. It's sickening coaching.

Calls come and go but the team can control FTs. We are just too inconsistent to win at this level. Still a great season. Thanks to the Admiral for giving your all. GBO.

Reactions: FlVols
Didn’t get to watch but recorded it. Do I want to? Yes we peaked to early

Objectively, FT shooting aside, that game was played on a ridiculously high offensive level by both teams. They shot 54% and we were at 50. Both were around 50 from 3.

Except that we wouldn’t have been in the position to win without the rest of his game tonight

Absolutely correct. And with the way Purdue was raining threes, it is easy to understand why he wanted to at least defend the shot. He just made a mistake. It happens.

VN Store

Back