THE stench of last year

JACK8254

The stench of last years team will take years to dissipate. I have gone to most home games since 1956, when Johnny Majors played safety and TB. I always thought that I could not live w/o watching the mighty Vols in the fall. Well, my life may be over soon, cause I will not attend a game until all the players returning from last years team ( the worst in 120 years) have left Knoxville. Call me a fair-weather fan ( I AM) if you like, last years fiasco cured my Big Orange Addiction.

giphy.gif

The stench of last years team will take years to dissipate. I have gone to most home games since 1956, when Johnny Majors played safety and TB. I always thought that I could not live w/o watching the mighty Vols in the fall. Well, my life may be over soon, cause I will not attend a game until all the players returning from last years team ( the worst in 120 years) have left Knoxville. Call me a fair-weather fan ( I AM) if you like, last years fiasco cured my Big Orange Addiction.
BYE and don't let the door hit you in the arse also you're not welcome back when Tennessee is winning again.

Last edited:
That is sad, but I understand. My sons were students last year.. (one down, one to go) and they don't remember any of what you have witnessed. Wow, impressive you saw Majors in his heyday. I remember Bobby, and that was pretty awesome. His kickoff returns rivaled Berry's, maybe better. (Look up his average).

All I can say is that I think the ship is being righted. I think Fulmer/Pruett outweighs Currie/Shiano or Hart/Jones or Hamilton/Kiffin/Dooley. Get some sense in there all the way up to the Chancellor level and God forbid the Haslams influence doesn't play into future decisions.

My advice... Catch the Florida game.. There is a good chance you will be pleased! Don't give up- you (like me) have too much invested with the men in orange. GBO

This kind of stance doesn't make much sense. It's not necessarily being a fair weather fan, that at least makes sense. It's being prejudicial against players for being part of one really bad team. We went 5-6 in 1988 with blowout losses at home to Duke, LSU and Washington State. Did you boycott the '89 team too? If so, you missed a helluva season.

This kind of stance doesn't make much sense. It's not necessarily being a fair weather fan, that at least makes sense. It's being prejudicial against players for being part of one really bad team. We went 5-6 in 1988 with blowout losses at home to Duke, LSU and Washington State. Did you boycott the '89 team too? If so, you missed a helluva season.
Yeah, started out 0-6 in 88, went 16-1 in the next 17 games.

I'm calling BS. Sorry if that offends OP, just being honest.

What a laughable troll post.

Reactions: rikberry31

♪ ♪ ♪ When the wind blows up your nose ♪ ♪ ♪
♫ ♫ ♫ Oh when the wind blows up your nose ♫ ♫ ♫
♬ ♬ ♬ And comes out the other end ♬ ♬ ♬
♩ ♩ ♩ Likely it is, likely it is then ♩ ♩ ♩
♩ ♩ ♩ Time to saaaayyy goodbye ♩ ♩ ♩
♯ ♯ ♯ And maybe not come this way again ♯ ♯ ♯

tm-ar4.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back