The State Of CFB In The State Of Texas

Are you trying to sniff around and see if there's interest for Baylor to join the SEC?

Hehehehehe......no.

Enjoy the demise of the Big 12.

Are you trying to sniff around and see if there's interest for Baylor to join the SEC?

Hehehehehe......no.

Enjoy the demise of the Big 12.
Baylor athletics | TexAgs

The B12 had a cancer in Texas. Now the SEC will get to deal with it while B12 gets highly ranked BYU, more highly ranked Cincy and hoops power Houston.

Who is trending up and who is trending down?

He forgot to add BYU basketball and Houston football. Could have even added UCF football to his list.

Last edited:
Baylor athletics | TexAgs

He forgot to add BYU basketball and Houston football. Could have even added UCF football to his list.
The SEC will handle Texas in the manner the Big 12 should have. They will be told to shut up and sit down. No one cares if you leave. This is a money move. And it was a big winning move for the sec.

The SEC will handle Texas in the manner the Big 12 should have. They will be told to shut up and sit down. No one cares if you leave. This is a money move. And it was a big winning move for the sec.
That's the only reason they were added and that's the only thing they care about. On field/court results are an entirely different matter.

That's what the game is about now. Money.

Now tell us about that sparkling Waco TV market you bring that TX and aTm can't touch.
Besides a path to the CFB Playoffs that doesn't go through Athens or Tuscaloosa? Hopefully the new BIG XII will reduce to 8 conference games so every team a also pick up another cheap win.

That's the only reason they were added and that's the only thing they care about. On field/court results are an entirely different matter.
The only reason Baylor was added to Big 12 was because of politics. They really haven’t accomplished much outside of women’s bball

Besides a path to the CFB Playoffs that doesn't go through Athens or Tuscaloosa? Hopefully the new BIG XII will reduce to 8 conference games so every team a also pick up another cheap win.
You mean the ONE top ten finish in football Baylor has had in the last 50 or so years?

The auto ticket for the Big 12 leaves when TX and OU leave....... well, until Fickell leaves Cinci for ND in a few years and Aranda decides to go to the big-time.

You mean the ONE top ten finish in football Baylor has had in the last 50 or so years?

The auto ticket for the Big 12 leaves when TX and OU leave....... well, until Fickell leaves Cinci for ND in a few years and Aranda decides to go to the big-time.
I can't speak for Cincy but we will just hire another coach if Aranda decides to leave. People act like it's hard to find a good coach.

I can't speak for Cincy but we will just hire another coach if Aranda decides to leave. People act like it's hard to find a good coach.
I hear Art is available.

The TV money is going to be your problem in the B12. The SEC and B1G dwarf your eyeballs.

UCF is the #4 school? in FL. BYU brings that "huge" SLC/Utah market. Does Cinci even register in the Ohio market? or are they more popular in KY where they're well behind UK or Louisville. Houston.....hey, that's actually a decent market......lots of LSU and aTm fans!

Seriously. It's a money issue. No eyeballs, no ticket to the CFP. Ask the PAC12.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I'd rather have Baylor and TX, easy wins.

OU is a problem.

It really is all about TV draw though and Baylor brings less than TX or OU. I get it.
It seems kind of screwed up, you have one super league and everyone else.
I’d rather go back to the 10 team SEC.

It seems kind of screwed up, you have one super league and everyone else.
I’d rather go back to the 10 team SEC.
It's the SEC and B1G now with the rest of the conferences trying to get in one of those to get a piece of the big money.

As for the CFP, I could easily see 2 from each of the "super" conferences but you'll have little teams rise (Clemson, Oregon, Baylor, Cinci, etc) but they will have a hard time sustaining recruiting, etc without the money. And ND...... nationwide eyeballs and money all the way to heaven.

The little guys have to fight each other AND the tons of money and attention the SEC and B1G get and the new TV contract and SEC expansion make it harder.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back